Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

i swear Parkway , Bodmin and Tavistock just have a revolving door of the same players signing on every other season  .  are they not bored of it ?

about time some of these players took a chance and tried to play as high as they can and set themselves a challenge  

bit like Dan sullivan and levi landricombe  have done  

Unfortunately you can’t just do that! Somebody has to come in for you and give you an opportunity !!! Good goalscorers always get picked up by higher level clubs !!!  I’ts all about goals I’m afraid

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Unfortunately you can’t just do that! Somebody has to come in for you and give you an opportunity !!! Good goalscorers always get picked up by higher level clubs !!!  I’ts all about goals I’m afraid

Adam Carter was briefly with Tiverton Town in the Southern League at the start of the  2013/14 season, but soon came back to the Peninsula League with Parkway before moving to Torpoint, and then returning to Parkway.

Wonder if a prolific striker with Parkway and Tavistock in recent seasons will be replacing him at Priory Park?

12 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Adam Carter was briefly with Tiverton Town in the Southern League at the start of the  2013/14 season, but soon came back to the Peninsula League with Parkway before moving to Torpoint, and then returning to Parkway.

Wonder if a prolific striker with Parkway and Tavistock in recent seasons will be replacing him at Priory Park?

surly  Glyn Hobbs would want a season testing himself in a high league against better players ??  . must be bored banging in 50 odd goals against the same old faces who are scared to tackle him . 

21 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

surly  Glyn Hobbs would want a season testing himself in a high league against better players ??  . must be bored banging in 50 odd goals against the same old faces who are scared to tackle him . 

you let me know when you ever hear a striker say they are "bored" of banging in 50 odd goals a year ?

21 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

All this speculation that Glyn will leave has come people trying to stir things Glyn will definitely play for parkway next season 

14 minutes ago, SCFC said:

you let me know when you ever hear a striker say they are "bored" of banging in 50 odd goals a year ?

well if he dropped into the p and d league i expect he hit 100 odd . i meant do players not have the hunger anymore to play as high as they can 

15 minutes ago, mockey jackson said:

All this speculation that Glyn will leave has come people trying to stir things Glyn will definitely play for parkway next season 

i hope he does would say he makes them a stronger outfit with him leading the line 

Well lads and ladies.....

Heard Sticker AFC are on the verge of signing a new centre back from St Austell??? Apparently life at Austell is a little depressing and some of  the lads arn'thappy with wage structure and the  lads feel the club is stuck in recruiting the same old batch of players. Sticker on verge of some big signings (within constraints of budget). 

Heard that Godolphin have approached Newquay Goalkeeper, due to his sound performance against # united... Offer of £40 and the fact Newquay have no money and is a club with a poor selection of Tesco Sausages and surplus supply of Polish Tomato Sauce, isn't going to cut it for the young whippet in goal. 

Jesus Talks x

Ha ha. The G dont pay anyone £40 a game and why would Zak Roberts take a pay cut as he is on more at Newquay. Newquay have a good budget but we're not prepared to pay a 42 year old £80 a game. All the talk of no budget is nonsence just spending it wisely. U can get 2 decent youngsters for £80. Dan Jennings to Port?? Long way for someone that doesn't drive and who has been offered big money elsewhere??

15 minutes ago, Bryan Jones said:

Just saw on twitter, Lee Bowyer from Sticker to Falmouth Town, they will have an exciting front line next year!

Good luck to Jack with his new club, but unless there are some outgoing players from the Falmouth clubs front line, we feel he may need it .

On 14 June 2018 at 23:07, Jesusfollows said:

Well lads and ladies.....

Heard Sticker AFC are on the verge of signing a new centre back from St Austell??? Apparently life at Austell is a little depressing and some of  the lads arn'thappy with wage structure and the  lads feel the club is stuck in recruiting the same old batch of players. Sticker on verge of some big signings (within constraints of budget). 

Not happy with the wage structure!! They shouldn't get anything. It's a hobby not a job!

1 hour ago, The Town Man said:

Rob Wearne is out for the season, Ollie Walker and Jack Webber to university, Marcello Jones to the USA.  There is a bit more room there than it first looks.

Great signing though!

Still have pretty decent front line options.. off the top of my head? 

Annear... Nixon.. braybyn... Buchan.. Bowyer?? 

Not bad... 

43 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

Still have pretty decent front line options.. off the top of my head? 

Annear... Nixon.. braybyn... Buchan.. Bowyer?? 

Not bad... 

Providing they can all get into the ground ! Resembles a war zone there with fencing everywhere around the entrance and car park.

On 15/06/2018 at 20:34, godfather said:

Ha ha. The G dont pay anyone £40 a game and why would Zak Roberts take a pay cut as he is on more at Newquay. Newquay have a good budget but we're not prepared to pay a 42 year old £80 a game. All the talk of no budget is nonsence just spending it wisely. U can get 2 decent youngsters for £80. Dan Jennings to Port?? Long way for someone that doesn't drive and who has been offered big money elsewhere??

This year the G do have a different budget, and in terms of players coming to the G I would know as I’m managing them next season! 

We have already made some key signings however we will not making everyone aware of them at this point!

But I am able to pay more than £40 if I wish.

Should by tights be a great season for us if I can get the balance right!

12 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Drive past it 5 times a day ! What is the difference if I did read it on twitter - it is a fact and facts do not lie !!

Thought you always used public transport??

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 21:22, SID said:

This year the G do have a different budget, and in terms of players coming to the G I would know as I’m managing them next season! 

We have already made some key signings however we will not making everyone aware of them at this point!

Balance the books you mean ???

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Thought you always used public transport??

Balance the books you mean ???

Oh dear, I’ll wnjoy replying to this in the not to distant future, have you always had it in for this club? It seems strange to make such comments when you are clearly not savvy to the situation at the club. May I ask what your involvement is and with which club? Are you a supporter? Or are you involved in a club? Or are you just a gobshite? Lol

On 16/06/2018 at 21:22, SID said:

Not sure boasting about player budgets helps  anyone . you could have a few unhappy players on lower money then your suggesting you happy to throw at someone else 

I  hear Saltash  are really keen to go all out for the title next season after winning the cornwall cup ,  and have made offers to 2 key  parkway players and  1 launceston player  

if they manage to to pull it off i make them favourites infront of Bodmin and  Tavistock 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Not sure boasting about player budgets helps  anyone . you could have a few unhappy players on lower money then your suggesting you happy to throw at someone else 

Who is boasting? I simply stated that if we deem a player is worth a few more ££ And is the right fit for the club we are able to pursue that player. We have new signings but there is no mention of what they will be getting. We have also gained the commitment of last years squad adding several additions as needed so fortunately none of the above statement is relevant at all.

1 hour ago, SID said:

Who is boasting? I simply stated that if we deem a player is worth a few more ££ And is the right fit for the club we are able to pursue that player. We have new signings but there is no mention of what they will be getting. We have also gained the commitment of last years squad adding several additions as needed so fortunately none of the above statement is relevant at all.

just meant i do not recall other managers coming on here and discussing what their budget is and if they can offer a certain amount per game  . should not matter if you can only pay 5 pound to be honest 

14 hours ago, SID said:

Oh dear, I’ll wnjoy replying to this in the not to distant future, have you always had it in for this club? It seems strange to make such comments when you are clearly not savvy to the situation at the club. May I ask what your involvement is and with which club? Are you a supporter? Or are you involved in a club? Or are you just a gobshite? Lol

Made me smile with that ...lol

Involved heavily with another club, so, trustee, supporter and gobshite if you like ...lol

Don't know I've ever said anything too bad about Godolphin, rather queried on a few occasions that payments were being made when being strenuously denied at the time !!!!

You said "if you can get the balance right" I merely asked if you were referring to the budget, obviously a touchy subject .....never mind.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Made me smile with that ...lol

Involved heavily with another club, so, trustee, supporter and gobshite if you like ...lol

Don't know I've ever said anything too bad about Godolphin, rather queried on a few occasions that payments were being made when being strenuously denied at the time !!!!

You said "if you can get the balance right" I merely asked if you were referring to the budget, obviously a touchy subject .....never mind.

Good effort. Keep making silly presumptions, I’ll be sure to dodge future comments

43 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Same way you dodged the question .....never mind, have a good season.

May pop down one night and see how "balanced" your budget is.

You most certainly will, please do introduce yourself once the games over if you manage to make it one night. 

Is there actually any useful information regarding transfers?

Is the lad Annear staying at Falmouth? IS Glynn Hobbs giving it a bash at the league above? Have the new management team at St Austell been able to keep players/attract new players?

any news coming from teams in the West?

1 hour ago, SCFC said:

Is there actually any useful information regarding transfers?

Is the lad Annear staying at Falmouth? IS Glynn Hobbs giving it a bash at the league above? Have the new management team at St Austell been able to keep players/attract new players?

any news coming from teams in the West?

Hobbs thinking over a couple of moves one being saltash i  have heard ,  Annear is 100 %  giving it another season at falmouth ,  

apart from that been very quiet on the player movement so far