Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5couse

Sunday League Grand Finale

Recommended Posts

I know a lot of you aren't entertained by the stigma surrounding Sunday league but this coming Sunday there are three cup finals being held at Wendron to close the season. 

There league is a lot better and more competitive than people give it credit for and there will be some competitive and decent football to watch on the day. 

First game kicks off at 10:00 am featuring Falmouth Athletico featuring a mix of combo and Trelawney players, against Tregony who have a solid group featuring a couple of Peninsular players I believe.

There will then be further games at 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm so hopefully a decent day of football and weather to suit. As always food and beer will be available in the clubhouse throughout the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2018 at 11:22, 5couse said:

First game kicks off at 10:00 am featuring Falmouth Athletico featuring a mix of combo and Trelawney players, against Tregony who have a solid group featuring a couple of Peninsular players I believe.

What conditions are there about “Senior” players being used? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2018 at 11:22, 5couse said:

I know a lot of you aren't entertained by the stigma surrounding Sunday league but this coming Sunday there are three cup finals being held at Wendron to close the season. 

There league is a lot better and more competitive than people give it credit for and there will be some competitive and decent football to watch on the day. 

First game kicks off at 10:00 am featuring Falmouth Athletico featuring a mix of combo and Trelawney players, against Tregony who have a solid group featuring a couple of Peninsular players I believe.

There will then be further games at 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm so hopefully a decent day of football and weather to suit. As always food and beer will be available in the clubhouse throughout the day.

Any results from the day?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

Any results from the day?!

CSCFL Champions League Final

Falmouth Athletico 3 - 2 Tregony

 

Gerald Sobey Shield Final

Tremough 5 - 6 Royal Par Vets (aet)

 

West Cornwall League Cup

Wendron 5 - 5 FX Union (4 - 3 pens)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Cameron Hague said:

CSCFL Champions League Final

Falmouth Athletico 3 - 2 Tregony

 

Gerald Sobey Shield Final

Tremough 5 - 6 Royal Par Vets (aet)

 

West Cornwall League Cup

Wendron 5 - 5 FX Union (4 - 3 pens)

Thankyou Cameron. Good result for Falmouth against Tregony. High scoring games in all 3. Must've been some spectacle for the neutrals watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

Thankyou Cameron. Good result for Falmouth against Tregony. High scoring games in all 3. Must've been some spectacle for the neutrals watching.

No problem.

It certainly was entertaining. Wendron have a fantastic setup there and are easily able to cater for a three match finale like that.

Falmouth were excellent against a strong and hard to beat Tregony.

My boys, Royal Par were 4-0 down after 20 minutes. Tremough youth ran riot and deserved their lead. Their 'keeper was sent off and we clawed back to 5-5.

I didn't see the conclusion of Wendron v FX Union but I did see two goals and posts at both ends being rattled a couple of times.

So yes, it was a day for the neutral!

If one were to include extra time but not penalties, there were 26 goals in 330 minutes of football. That's a goal every twelve and a half minutes.

And we didn't charge the spectators a penny!

 

Now roll forward to the opening game of the World Cup and be prepared to watch a cagey 0-0 draw.

Sunday footballers go for the jugular. Or is it the jug of beer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/05/2018 at 23:08, Cameron Hague said:

No problem.

It certainly was entertaining. Wendron have a fantastic setup there and are easily able to cater for a three match finale like that.

Falmouth were excellent against a strong and hard to beat Tregony.

My boys, Royal Par were 4-0 down after 20 minutes. Tremough youth ran riot and deserved their lead. Their 'keeper was sent off and we clawed back to 5-5.

I didn't see the conclusion of Wendron v FX Union but I did see two goals and posts at both ends being rattled a couple of times.

So yes, it was a day for the neutral!

If one were to include extra time but not penalties, there were 26 goals in 330 minutes of football. That's a goal every twelve and a half minutes.

And we didn't charge the spectators a penny!

 

Now roll forward to the opening game of the World Cup and be prepared to watch a cagey 0-0 draw.

Sunday footballers go for the jugular. Or is it the jug of beer?

I agree Cameron. I love the set up at Wendron. They certainly set an example within local football in Cornwall. I don't think many would've argued if you had charged after those results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×