Cornwall Football Forum

Truro city players for new season

17 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

Gazer, there is still a good chance some of those that are under contract could go before the season starts. As for those still to sign, I reckon most of them will sign on again. What I like this time around is that we are moving early to retain our players. In previous seasons it has taken us too long. I do hope the management duo now go and get some players signed early so we give ourselves the best possible chance of having another good season.

Yes some might still go if other clubs come knocking on the door a long time till season starts yet / but good like you say that they are moving early to sort out the team for next season / we have got to be looking at playoffs again at least after the season we have just had but a few good teams have come into the league this time so a good strong team is needed

Its quite funny really.

After two seasons of supporters begging,the owners of the football club to try and get players on some sort of longer contracts to ensure some compensation if they leave.

We now have the owners with no option left with some players to get in early with contract offers ,trying to get them to sign before the vultures circle.

If, and its a big if,those five players do sign contracts,then Truro would have most of last seasons squad together.

Continuety,is what supporters have been saying is a big advantage,and after a couple of season's of loans and non- contract players,the penny has dropped.

It bodes well for the new season.

1 hour ago, CornishRhino said:

I still think if those 5 players do sign, then we've still got a bit of work to do to get some more additions in to the squad. Continuity, particularly a club at the level/position Truro are, is what they need. Like you said it bodes well for the new season. However, this season the players didn't play under any expectation. The difference is, next year they will do. Can they handle it?!

Great shout,and a valid point.

Everyone didnt expect TCFC to be anywhere near the play-offs this season.

Next season everyone will be expecting at least play-offs.

HUGE EXPECTATION TO LIVE UP TO.

• 2 weeks later...

Not everyone expects the play offs next year, the competition will be harder, success would be to finish halfway say 11th, Dulwich should be mid table, Slough similar,  Woking and Torquay above that, Concord Rangers have been busy already signing 7 or 8 players including Sam Beasant from Chelmsford, things are happening there, Wealdstone are another who appear to be getting stronger what we need to do is enjoy the higher grade football on offer, win, lose or draw,

14 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Not everyone expects the play offs next year, the competition will be harder, success would be to finish halfway say 11th, Dulwich should be mid table, Slough similar,  Woking and Torquay above that, Concord Rangers have been busy already signing 7 or 8 players including Sam Beasant from Chelmsford, things are happening there, Wealdstone are another who appear to be getting stronger what we need to do is enjoy the higher grade football on offer, win, lose or draw,

Trouble is after the season they had i think most supporters will be looking for a play off place as long as it does not put to much pressure on the team / i think it will be a lot harder league nxt season cant see torquay wanting to stay in this league for more then one season along with a few other top clubs / should make for some good games nxt season 

I understand where Gazer and CornishRhino are coming from, we have a good team just short of what's needed to push ahead, that's where location rears it's ugly head, so far west many competing to the standard we require may not be prepared to endure the vast extra travelling City endure, unlike the teams bordering the big cities the required playing ability is a bit thin on the ground and it comes at a cost so where would the 2018/2019 budget come from? = Affordability. 

4 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

And as we know we are always at a disadvantage down here in Cornwall when it comes down to affordability. And that goes for most things, not just sport.

Also, in other news midfielder Aaron Lamont has left the club and rejoined Kingstonian FC. Just shows that contracts don't mean anything in football. He'll be missed by Truro I think as he was a key performer last season.

Kingstonian are so thrilled with Truro,allowing him to join them,they have agreed a payment to Truro should Lamont leaves for a transfer fee. 

On 28/05/2018 at 14:30, CornishRhino said:

And as we know we are always at a disadvantage down here in Cornwall when it comes down to affordability. And that goes for most things, not just sport.

Also, in other news midfielder Aaron Lamont has left the club and rejoined Kingstonian FC. Just shows that contracts don't mean anything in football. He'll be missed by Truro I think as he was a key performer last season.

One PLUS Aaron has moved with a a sell on clause in his contract so if he were to hit the big time there could be future payouts to benefit Truro City.

21 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

City have signed Jared Lewington from Tivvy with River Allen moving in the opposite direction. Also Rocky has left the club, any bets on who he signs for. :ninja:

Rocky gone to taunton town / who is to go next ?

On 08/06/2018 at 18:51, herbie777 said:

Big mistake letting rocky go, cant blame him though sat on his arse 4 most of last season he is a great lad who loves to play football

I agree herbie, problem was Lee Hodges did not play him to his strengths, used to stick him up front on his own and use him as a battering ram against 6 foot plus defenders. I would have liked to see him working alongside the new lad but alas that will not now happen 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/06/2018 at 21:47, Rayvon said:

Another player on board talented midfielder Lloyd Gardner has put pen to paper and joins us from Buckland a pal of Jared Lewington one would assume. :c:

How old would LLoyd Gardner be as he was at Falmouth during 2007-08 season before moving on to Bideford

5 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Louis Rooney now signs, another good addition to the squad. Rumour has it that Luke McCormick could be on the way back.:c:

Luke is on trail at swindon at the mo / what about martin rice lol ?

49 minutes ago, Magpie291 said:

Hayden Turner on trial with Truro and scored 4 against Cullompton in a friendly yesterday.

Can you give us any info on this lad ,or anything else that happened  last night.

As usual the Official website seems very slow to inform supporters of the first PSF,and being banned and blocked from various media outlet,its hard to know what actually happened last night.

6 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Can you give us any info on this lad ,or anything else that happened  last night.

As usual the Official website seems very slow to inform supporters of the first PSF,and being banned and blocked from various media outlet,its hard to know what actually happened last night.

All info I have posted is from Tom Howe and Rhod Mitchell's twitter accounts.

Looks like he also has been at Gloucester City. Wish I could provide more info than that.

12 minutes ago, Magpie291 said:

All info I have posted is from Tom Howe and Rhod Mitchell's twitter accounts.

Looks like he also has been at Gloucester City. Wish I could provide more info than that.

Hayden is a young lad (20/21ish) came through Newquay youth teams and played for Hartpury College - whilst there also some game time for GCFC, but also played for Newquay in SWPL Prem (certainly at start of season - not sure if he played all season)

Very quick winger

To be honest very surprised to see him  being mentioned at this level - a bit light weight and easily dominated - but there again he may we’ll have matured since I last saw him play, about 8 months ago - if he has, good luck to the lad and hope he makes a go of it. 

Bob, I think you mean "in your opinion" Hayden is lightweight and easily dominated. I for one disagree with that opinion. There are far more and many qualities that Hayden has "in my opinion" that you have failed to mention and to score 4 goals on a debut all be it a trial game is fantastic and outstanding so why see things as half empty when you can view them as half full. In the fullness of time we will all see what happens but I don't suppose too many players in Cornwall have scored 4 goals on a debut for a team at he level Truro is currently playing at. Let's celebrate that fact not belittle it.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Bob, I think you mean "in your opinion" Hayden is lightweight and easily dominated. I for one disagree with that opinion. There are far more and many qualities that Hayden has "in my opinion" that you have failed to mention and to score 4 goals on a debut all be it a trial game is fantastic and outstanding so why see things as half empty when you can view them as half full. In the fullness of time we will all see what happens but I don't suppose too many players in Cornwall have scored 4 goals on a debut for a team at he level Truro is currently playing at. Let's celebrate that fact not belittle it.

It was against Cullumpton.

Think TCFC will be facing a lot stronger opposition than that,in the future.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Jumbo - you are right, it is in my opinion and as I said I wish Hayden all the best - the bit you didn’t quote.

I have also watched Hayden (and his age group - of whom I do actually (IMO) think there are better players) for 10 years since coming through Newquay Youth - however have not seen him play for the last 8 months. At that time, in my opinion, he was as I described him - Fanfare makes a good point about the opposition for a team of Truro’ s level - that said it would be nice to see him given a chance to play against higher level teams and defenders - at which point I would be more than happy to be proved wrong and see a Cornish lad playing for Truro. 

With no goalkeeper,yet,and supposing the players that had the two year option on last season's contract,all stay,the team is looking a bit like this.

????????

PALFREY  GERRING RICHARDS  RILEY-LOWE.

GARDNER HARDING KEATS THOMPSON.

LEWINGTON  ROONEY.

Does that look stronger than last season.????????

Thanks for your comments Bib. In my opinion I feel that people are far too negative in voicing their opinions about a player who scores 4 goals on his debut for Truro. I suppose Hayden could have scored all 5, what then, he should have scored 6? I never asked for your opinion about other players and if those other players don't have ambition then are they the right players for Truro? Hayden may or may not progress with Truro but I for one applaud his ambition and say well done for his terrific debut and I hope he is able to prove those pessimistic people wrong.

Another ex Newquay youth player who was on trial for Truro on Friday which has gone under the radar was Harry Downing. CB for Plymouth Argyle U18s last season unlucky not to get a contract their. Looked very good on the ball although young very composed...........could be one to watch.

On 09/07/2018 at 14:01, somersetspur said:

With no goalkeeper,yet,and supposing the players that had the two year option on last season's contract,all stay,the team is looking a bit like this.

????????

PALFREY  GERRING RICHARDS  RILEY-LOWE.

GARDNER HARDING KEATS THOMPSON.

LEWINGTON  ROONEY.

Does that look stronger than last season.????????

Sorry take Gerring out of that line up.

He's gone.

Back from watching a entertaining game where Truro lost 6-0 to Exeter City who where very good and it could of been more if it wasnt for Corey Harvey in the Truro goal who pulled off severel fine saves , pick of the goals for me Hiran Boeting who went on a fine run and put a unstoppable shot past Harvey ,in the 2nd half Jayden Stockley scored a spectacular goal a overhead bicycle kick which Harvey had no chance with .On this performance Truro could struggle they will miss Ben Gerring a lot the young no 17 was the pick of the players for me for Truro the No 15 is carrying so much weight his ass was huge Truro will need more players a centre half and a striker Louis Rooney looked really good when he came on .Truro should sign Harry Downing who was released by Argyle he would be a good signing .Looking forward to the Truro match vs Cardiff u23s on Sunday hope they can announce the team then because they didnt tonight because the announcer couldnt read the team list .Hard luck Truro good luck to Exeter could be in for a good season Johnathan Forte looks a good signing i saw him play about 20 years ago  at Truro for Sheffield Utd and he is very good .My man of matc for Exeter HIRAN BOETING 1ST hallf 2nd half JONATHAN FORTE and for Exeter COREY HARVEY both halves

1 minute ago, 100%cornish said:

Yes no team announce because the announcer couldnt read the writing would of took him all night anyway Exeter used 2 different teams in each half mostly there 1st team in 2nd half

Was a good run out for truro pity they could nt have got a goal / corey did pull off some good saves to stop exeter making it more / think truro are going to miss the players who have left this season / hope i am proved wrong come end of season / yes as stated above announcer said he could not read team sheet 

16 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Back from watching a entertaining game where Truro lost 6-0 to Exeter City who where very good and it could of been more if it wasnt for Corey Harvey in the Truro goal who pulled off severel fine saves , pick of the goals for me Hiran Boeting who went on a fine run and put a unstoppable shot past Harvey ,in the 2nd half Jayden Stockley scored a spectacular goal a overhead bicycle kick which Harvey had no chance with .On this performance Truro could struggle they will miss Ben Gerring a lot the young no 17 was the pick of the players for me for Truro the No 15 is carrying so much weight his ass was huge Truro will need more players a centre half and a striker Louis Rooney looked really good when he came on .Truro should sign Harry Downing who was released by Argyle he would be a good signing .Looking forward to the Truro match vs Cardiff u23s on Sunday hope they can announce the team then because they didnt tonight because the announcer couldnt read the team list .Hard luck Truro good luck to Exeter could be in for a good season Johnathan Forte looks a good signing i saw him play about 20 years ago  at Truro for Sheffield Utd and he is very good .My man of matc for Exeter HIRAN BOETING 1ST hallf 2nd half JONATHAN FORTE and for Exeter COREY HARVEY both halves

Who the unprofessional number 15 carrying the timber then ???