Cornwall Football Forum

Video highlights of Cornwall FA U 18s v Oxfordshire FA U 18s

Would have been a different outcome if Wills shot went in for 3-0 instead of hitting the post or the shot Olly dragged just wide of the far post to make it 3-1. Fine margins but the boys will all come out of it better players with all those top blokes and coaches around them. Regardless an excellent 3 years from Hoops and the team with some very talented boys coming through who will have learnt a lot carrying them forward. Well done to Dave for the commentary and Mark and Piran films for all the great coverage the lads have enjoyed particularly over the last couple of seasons. Excellent work all round ?

Thanks for the positive feedback. I have been fortunate to have had Dave Deacon at the end of the microphone commentating at all of the Cornwall U 18s games and the likes of Steve Massey, Rappo, Phil Lafferty, Tommy Matthews (and John Hewitt stepping in at the last minute) summarising for me. I have come to appreciate just how powerful the audio track can be - hence the longer football videos .

Anyway, here's Hoops' set of reflections - on the final, the past three years and next season.