Cornwall Football Forum

Worst pitch in Cornwall!!!

Well i watched Perranwell beat Helston 2-0 today (on the worst pitch in the county!) And the home side were without 2 of their best players! But just to say that Helston came with a game plan to get at them! as they knew we would do likewise! And to be fair it was a hard fought game, but the score could have been 7-6 really! Mr Pullen didn't have his shooting boots on today! but a certain Mr Rapsey never liked playing against Perranwell away! But you ask him did he like playing for them when he was at (home)? Well the league is going to be won by the white tigers and good luck to Mr Heaney and the Cornish Pirates as it would be good for Cornwall if we could have a Stadium ! And just to finish i thought Chubby Brown was in Cornwall in January!not in Perranwell in December! :clapper:

well i have got to say it what a mistake for the second goal by the helston keeper first rule of goal keeping get your body behind the shot i mean it wasn't even shot hard. winno perhaps you should of stayed in goal and not made that signing cause i think you would of dealt with the first goal better as well, but hey we all make mistakes just that happened to be very costly.

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES MURPHY. MITCH HAS DONE WELL FOR US SINCE LEAVING AGGIE. Y TRY HANGING THE FELLA ON ONE GAME EVEN THE GREAT WINNO HAS MADE A FEW HAHAHAH!!!. THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS THOUGH PERHAPS I MIGHT MAKE A COME BACK!!!!HEHE

PERRANWELLS KEEPER LOOKED MEGA DODGY ROOTED TO HIS LINE. WE DIDNT CAPITILISE ON THE MISTAKES HE MADE. WE THEN EVEN MADE HIM LOOK HALF DESCENT SHOOTING HALF A DOZEN SHOTS STRAIGHT AT HIM!!!!

WE WILL BE BACK WEVE LOST 2 GAMES NOW OUT OF 17 THAT AINT BAD EHHH AND WE AINT GOT THOUSANDS OF POUNDS TO PUT OUR TEAM OUT.........

Guest geachy1

thats the thing with goalkeeping our mistakes are well documented.

all keepers make mistakes from time to time.

i bet there were mistakes by sum of helstons out field players too its just keepers mistakes usally decide games. u gota hold ur head up high and put them behind u.

iv never seen mitchel play but i here he is gud im sure he must be to be in winnos team

Guest Sport Lover

A lot of outfield players and spectators, with respect, dont know a good save when they see one. You see and hear a keeper applauded when the ball is struck straight them and they dont even have to move to make the save. Then the keeper comes out of his area to sweep up any long ball and the spectators say he should stay in his area.

Scott Carson made one major mistake but also made 3 or 4 good saves in the last England match. Consitency is what managers are looking for from ALL their players. It took Andy Cole ten chances to score one goal and he then becomes a hero!!

hey it's very true you have to be mad to be a goal keeper it's just my thought on the game i know i have made enough mistakes between the sticks but what i really meant was i have seen you play many times (winno) and have never seen you have a bad game and i have seen the helston keeper a few times and have never seen him have a good game i just think while you still got it(winno) you should still play cause remember your a long time retired. just my thoughts dont mean to cause any offence.

CRAP PITCH, KEEPER GETTING A SLAGGING OFF, PLAYERS OUT ON THE LASH THE NIGHT BEFORE,TOP TEAM LOSING,AND CHUBBY BROWN AS WELL ?THIS GAME HAD EVERYTHING AND I WISH I WAS THERE. :drink:

Well first of all i would like to hold my hands up and apologise to my fellow Helston players for such a poor performance, THANKS TO WINNO AND OTHER COMRADES FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN TRYING TO REDEEM MY PERFORMANCE AGAINST OTHER SUPPORTERS AND CRITISERS. Great to think im not a bad golalkeepr but if i was any good i would not be playing combo or even in cornwall and i certainly would not listen to bad comments from people who clearly have nothing else better to do then slag person off and as for kempy slagging Dom off well its obvious that Mr Pullen is a better man than you will ever become and stating that Truro should win the league, well if they did not then there would be something wrong with the money they are throwing at trying to get promoted, and just think if it was not for Mr Heaney`s money where would Truro City be.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

In the Combo the pitch most Pz players bitch about is St Ives due to it's un-even surface and rabbit holes. Pity for St Ives that the ground belongs to Penwith Council and they won't let them do anything to it. Perhaps it's earmarked for housing in the future or perhaps they will extend the Park and Ride carpark.

As for sloping pitches they are in order of steepness

Perranwell

Mullion

Culdrose

Postage stamp size pitches

St Day

St Just

LEE DON'T RISE TO ANY CRAP ON THIS SITE.

BASICALLY IF YOU WERNT ANY GOOD THEN

1. I WOULDNT HAVE SIGNED YOU

2. YOU WOULDNT BE PLAYING FOR A TOP COMBO CLUB......

SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just felt i had to comment on this subject,i was at the Perranwell V Helston match and thought both teams battled well on a difficult pitch and both keepers played well,what dissapointed me is the slagging off the keeper from Helston has received,he certainly doesnt deserve that and especially on this site for all to read,just hope it doesnt knock his confidence,i am sure he can rise above that. Also some of the comments shouted out from the sidelines at the Ref (who had a good game) for not stopping the game for every challange were a bit uncalled for only letting the game flow. Best of luck to the Helston keeper for the rest of the season,ignore the idiots mate your a good keeper . ;0) :clapper:

Well first of all i would like to hold my hands up and apologise to my fellow Helston players for such a poor performance, THANKS TO WINNO AND OTHER COMRADES FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN TRYING TO REDEEM MY PERFORMANCE AGAINST OTHER SUPPORTERS AND CRITISERS. Great to think im not a bad golalkeepr but if i was any good i would not be playing combo or even in cornwall and i certainly would not listen to bad comments from people who clearly have nothing else better to do then slag person off and as for kempy slagging Dom off well its obvious that Mr Pullen is a better man than you will ever become and stating that Truro should win the league, well if they did not then there would be something wrong with the money they are throwing at trying to get promoted, and just think if it was not for Mr Heaney`s money where would Truro City be.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Well Monty i did not SLAG off Dom Pullen ! I think he is and one of the leagues all time top marksmen who i actually like as a guy too! I was purely stating that even good players like mr Rapsey never liked playing against Perranwell at their ground!! And you didn't have a bad game either!