Cornwall Football Forum

Camborne FC v Argyle Legends

They had a former Northern Ireland international playing aswell - Warren Feeney.

The majority of the team were of an older generation - but the camborne youngsters got taught a valuable lesson in letting the ball do the work. The Argyle guys very rarely put in a sprint, they just passed the ball up the pitch. Brilliant to see football being played like that.

Some more names to the photo - Geoff Battams, Ryan Cross and of course Bradley Swiggs!

I think you'll find all of the guys were involved at Argyle at sime time or other and it's great fo them, because they play a number of games around the place, to give up their time for charity.

Even if some of them didn't play too many times for the first team, at the time some of them were at Argyle, they were playing in the Football Combination against such clubs as Spurs and Arsenal against players such as Charlie George, Peter Marinello and Graeme Souness.

Although some are in excess of the age 60, even now they're no mugs, which was shown yesterday as they won 11-2. Still too good for the opposition!

Well done everyone involved :)

Played with and against most of these lads over the last 30 years or so and they are without doubt top players! Played against the Argyle Legends a few times over the past ten years or so in charity matches and for someone that can’t run anymore it’s bloody hard work, the way they knock the ball around and use the pitch. I’ve also played in the old Football League Combination for Exeter City reserves a few times and it was a good standard of football! More often than not you played with and against a team that included half a dozen first team pro’s! Well done again for raising such a great amount of money for a fantastic charity! These guys are definitely “Legends” in my eyes!! ??⚽️

For one football match to raise £1500 without charging admission, that's bloody good going! There weren't a massive amount of people watching either - many of which I think we're put off by the weather!

I think a huge well done has to go to Zak Rowe and his family for organising this match. Also to Eddy for coming down from Plymouth to watch the game and award the trophy at the end.

This was a great afternoon - despite the scoreline, it was a good competitive game. The Teenage Cancer Trust is now £1500 better off thanks to the attendees of this game - for that, they're all legends in my eyes.