Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL(W) Camelford 1 Millbrook 2

Guest Gouldie

Yes we did! We knew they had a good home record before we went but to be honest didn't realise how good. We were excellent today.

It was a cracking game for a neutral. We defended well in the first half and took the lead through an unforced error from the Camelford keeper from a long ball in to the box by John Harris, possibly an o.g as he dropped it in his own net. Camelford came back at us but like I say we defended well. Rode our luck a couple of times but Camelford only created a couple of good chances. We then caught them on a fast break with Denis Mason finishing off. Got through to half time and in the 2nd half Camelford started to play a lot more like they were the home team. We tried catching them on the break and should have been awarded a penalty. That's not me being biased everyone agreed. Camelford pushed forward a lot and eventually got a goal but it was poor marking from a corner that let them in rather than Camelford tearing us open. They kept at us for the last 15 but we wanted it more and thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

Our slow start to the season may cost us as the season wears on but I am pretty sure that we have won 4/5 league games in a row now. We are just hoping to come out of xmas in the top half and see where we can go from there.

Guest Gouldie

Missed it unfortunately. To be fair we have played consistently all season. Just too many draws which we could have turned in to wins. If we had won those games we would be up there. It's not a bad place to be being the quiet team in form. He says quietly putting it on the forum!