Threemilestone 5-3 Newlyn Non-Athletico

DIVISION 2

Four Lanes 0-5 Newlyn Lions

Frogpool & Cusgarne 0-3 Probus

Goonhavern Athletic Reserves 0-2 Falmouth Town

Gwinear Churchtown 3-3 St Day 3rds

Storm H/W Illogan RBL 3rds

DIVISION 3

Carharrack Reserves 4-4 St Erme                   Game reversed to St Erme due to pitch clash at Clijah

Falmouth DC 4-1 St Agnes 3rds

New Inn Titans 4-0 Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves 1-12 Ruan Minor

St Ives Mariners 3-2 Ludgvan Reserves

St Just Reserves 3-3 Holman SC Reserves

West Cornwall Reserves 7-1 St Buryan Reserves

DIVISION 4

Constantine Reserves 4-2 Madron

Goonhavern Athletic 3rds 2-3 Wendron United 4ths

Hayle 3rds 3-4 Lizard Argyle Reserves

Perranwell Reserves 1-0 Stithians Reserves

Probus Reserves 0-8 Penzance Reserves

25 minutes ago, Robbo said:

Praze vs Troon OFF 

fixture clash 3rd time in space of a week :( 

Pretty sure troon offered to reverse the fixture ? Can see why praze refused as your in a 2 way battle for the league with perranwell and may of seen it as a risk.. didn't think it would be due to traveling as praze and troon not far apart.

4 hours ago, Robbo said:

Praze vs Troon OFF 

fixture clash 3rd time in space of a week :( 

we tried to get ludgvan to agree an early or later kick off so both praze and mariners could play at home but no joy,i understand you boys had the option to play friday night at home or reverse the fixture to troon on the saturday.

23 hours ago, #sausagefingers said:

Pretty sure troon offered to reverse the fixture ? Can see why praze refused as your in a 2 way battle for the league with perranwell and may of seen it as a risk.. didn't think it would be due to traveling as praze and troon not far apart.

3 way for the title... don't count out Penzance Reserves 

Frogpool 0-3 Probus

A tough battle from both teams, with an even 1st half ending 0-0.

2nd half on the whole pretty even too, with Probus edging it, but only slightly, with the better chances. 1st from Chris Davey, back post header saved only for the second header to have been judged to cross the line by the linesman. Further goals from Dean Southworth and Liam Paddock secured the points.

Important to get 3 points for Probus when they were missing a few and following too many recent draws. On the whole it was well ref'd. Good luck to frogpool for rest of the season.

54 minutes ago, Soccer Follower said:

Div 2

Goonhavern 0  Falmouth Town  2  h/t 0-1

Town were the better team at a breezy Reen Parc although Goonhavern had some half chances in the game.

Great hospitality from Will Hoskings and Goonhavern as usual.

Top bants fella. If we had taken our chances like we should, it would have been 3 or 4 at the break. We didn't and only have ourselves to blame. A totally different XI to the team we faced at your place earlier this season and you played well and capitalised on our missed chances but to say you were the better team is a little porkie I'm afraid! ? nevertheless well played and good luck for the remainder of the season.?

39 minutes ago, Sh91 said:

Frogpool 0-3 Probus

A tough battle from both teams, with an even 1st half ending 0-0.

2nd half on the whole pretty even too, with Probus edging it, but only slightly, with the better chances. 1st from Chris Davey, back post header saved only for the second header to have been judged to cross the line by the linesman. Further goals from Dean Southworth and Liam Paddock secured the points.

Important to get 3 points for Probus when they were missing a few and following too many recent draws. On the whole it was well ref'd. Good luck to frogpool for rest of the season.

Credit to the home linesman who gave the crucial first goal. I couldn't be sure that it had crossed the line but he gave it when he didn't have to. 

10 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Top bants fella. If we had taken our chances like we should, it would have been 3 or 4 at the break. We didn't and only have ourselves to blame. A totally different XI to the team we faced at your place earlier this season and you played well and capitalised on our missed chances but to say you were the better team is a little porkie I'm afraid! ? nevertheless well played and good luck for the remainder of the season.?

Nigel would of been the referee, pal. Not associated with either club. Oops

Division 3

New Inn Titans 4-0 Frogpool Reserves

A well earned victory for Titans to end our impressive 18 match win streak in the league.

The first goal came from a long ball, a miss kick allowed their striker to brilliantly place the ball into the empty net from a tough angle, before Titans scrambled the ball home from a good corner from their second.

Half-time we were riled up.

We hit the crossbar through Sam Macwilliam, before Aaron Coveney had a shot brilliant cleared off the line. Their goalkeeper saved a penalty from Jack Froud before Tom Campbell also hit the woodwork from a free kick. After none of these went in, we knew it wasn’t our day.

Titans scored a fantastic third after some good hold up play before an attacker curled the ball in off the woodwork.

We then had a man sent off, in an incident that’s best left untold - I missed all of it as I was getting changed. Three injuries later, I made my first appearance since October.

They scored a neat fourth shortly after.

Disappointed to lose our winning streak, when things could have gone differently after our burst just after half time, but the reality is the better team won today.

Amongst all the controversy of the match, Titans, man for man, were much the better side today and evidently wanted it more.

We will do everything we can in the week to put things right by preparing for Ruan Minor, another tough fixture, next week.

4 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Division 3

New Inn Titans 4-0 Frogpool Reserves

We then had a man sent off, in an incident that’s best left untold - I missed all of it as I was getting changed. Three injuries later, I made my first appearance since October.

Surely if you were getting changed there is nothing to tell any way!?

Perranwell 1 - 0 Stithians 

Perranwell dominated the opening 20 mins with the majority of possession, goal eventually came from a neat finish from the young striker.

A game of few chances. 

A big round of applause for the stand in referee who done an outstanding job! 

1 minute ago, bighairydave said:

Surely if you were getting changed there is nothing to tell any way!?

Nothing for me to tell - no! Loads seemed to happen, we had a man sent off, I’ll be getting a report from our spectators and players so that we, as a club, can take the appropriate action.

Apologies that my report wasn’t clear. I just mean, the less said on here about it the better.  We went down to ten men, that’s the top and bottom of it! 

Probus Reserves 0-8 Penzance Reserves 

Another good win for Penzance, who are most certainly not out of the race to finish second in div 4. Penzance dominated from the start and scored within the first few minutes. Think Probus had a couple of shots on goal the whole game. Despite the score there was no dirty tackles or bitching and moaning from anyone which made it better to be a part of. Penzance man of the match our LB Alex Collier who scored a hat trick. Two from outside the area and a penalty. Other goals from Reece Evans, Mawgan Kewn, Simon James, Drew Boyden and substitute Nyle Mayou. Penzance also had two ruled out for off side. 

With 3 games in hand on Mousehole who are 3rd and still to play Perranwell twice we are very much in the mix for promotion still 

58 minutes ago, Simon2389 said:

Probus Reserves 0-8 Penzance Reserves 

Another good win for Penzance, who are most certainly not out of the race to finish second in div 4. Penzance dominated from the start and scored within the first few minutes. Think Probus had a couple of shots on goal the whole game. Despite the score there was no dirty tackles or bitching and moaning from anyone which made it better to be a part of. Penzance man of the match our LB Alex Collier who scored a hat trick. Two from outside the area and a penalty. Other goals from Reece Evans, Mawgan Kewn, Simon James, Drew Boyden and substitute Nyle Mayou. Penzance also had two ruled out for off side. 

With 3 games in hand on Mousehole who are 3rd and still to play Perranwell twice we are very much in the mix for promotion still 

There were only 7 free kicks in the game for challenges. As stated above a really good game to watch and a big pat on the back for Probus. Having a poor season but kept plugging away and it could have been 1-1 at one time as we blocked and cleared off the line. 

Only 14 watching of which 9 came to support Penzance. People of Probus support your teams.

40 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

I think it depends on how many times they have cancelled this season. If it’s the first time I don’t think that they do, however, second time round they may have to pay a fine. 

At the moment, they do get a financial penalty each time they fail to raise a side.

One of our rule changes for next year will be to give clubs the "first one free". Where, if they are unable to raise a side on the first occasion, the game is awarded to the opponent's. When it happens a second time, normal penalties will apply (game awarded, a financial penalty and docked three points) etc. I proposed this rule change as I don't like seeing a club who are facing a bit of difficulty to the  be hindered further by a financial penalty. However, the first time it happens should be an indicator to the club that they need to work hard to get more players where they can. Unfortunately, it seems to be a sign of the times at the moment :(

17 hours ago, Simon2389 said:

3 way for the title... don't count out Penzance Reserves 

12 points behind praze with both having 6 games to play.i applaud you're enthusiasm Simon personally like you and the Penzance lads but seeing praze results and some of the players they've had at there disposal they ain't gonna drop many points.penzance will definitely finish top 4 which should secure promotion fully deserved ?

14 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

There were only 7 free kicks in the game for challenges. As stated above a really good game to watch and a big pat on the back for Probus. Having a poor season but kept plugging away and it could have been 1-1 at one time as we blocked and cleared off the line. 

Only 14 watching of which 9 came to support Penzance. People of Probus support your teams.

We always knew that this season would be tough for the youngsters who are playing men's football for the first time. We were hoping to be able to have a few more experienced players available to mix in with the young players but for one reason or another this has rarely been possible. There are also a few teams in division 4 that are too good for that league. I'm hoping to play a few more games before the end of the season so that should significantly increase the average age! The reserves still have half their season to complete in the next few weeks, so plenty more learning opportunities available! 

Not sure why the crowd was so low yesterday as both of our teams usually have a decent amount of support. 

Gwin 3-3 St Day 

Felt as though we did enough to win this game, another 2 points dropped in our opinion, similar to the illogan game. Both games we led 3-2. Struggling to hold onto the wins. 

We went 1-0 up through skipper Gavin russel after a goalmouth scramble. Not long after, a goalkeeping error led to the equalizer which seemed to take the wind out of our sails. 

We kept battling away and were on top for majority of game and skipper Gavin then made it 2-1 with a great finish. 

H-T 2-1

In the second half tommy Richards, scored a half volley from just outside the area to make it 3-1. And I think, me included thought we won the game which was poor from us. 

St day battled back and caught us cold and ended up equalizing with not many minutes remaining from the penalty spot! Another decent performance from my boys but just need to turn the corner and hold onto the wins. 

Man of the match - as much as it pains me to say it, it was my brother tommy Richards. Didn’t put a foot wrong and scored a screamer, that hurt to say ??

1 hour ago, #sausagefingers said:

12 points behind praze with both having 6 games to play.i applaud you're enthusiasm Simon personally like you and the Penzance lads but seeing praze results and some of the players they've had at there disposal they ain't gonna drop many points.penzance will definitely finish top 4 which should secure promotion fully deserved ?

Praze will win the league without a doubt. I can't see us or Perranwell getting them to be honest. They've played us twice and also perranwell I think twice. 

Got to be positive lol I can't see Praze dropping any points to be honest 

2 hours ago, Mangle said:

Hmmmm, lowering or removing a financial penalty to encourage the team to do more to field a team. I am of the opposite opinion. 

It depends on what way you look at it here mate. From a club's perspective where £50 is a lot of money which they just don't have, it will help them out to have this penalty removed for the first time.

Of course, this proposal will be decided at the AGM - it will be the Club's that vote either in favour or against.

Constantine 4 madron 2

Cracking game and played the way a game of footy should be. 

Fair challenges, great enthusiasm from both teams and a good ref.

Madron had 3 injuries in our defence resulting in several changes otherwise I personally think the result might have been different. 

Onwards to praze next week for madron 

Stithians 1st 6 - 2 St keverne

Stivs followed up their mid week win with another victory here steering them towards mid table and creating some breathing space from the relegation zone.

At 2-1 st keverne hit the post twice inside 5 minutes including a missed penalty but almost straight away stivs scored a 3rd to hurt them. 

Then a few more followed as stivs made the game safe with clinical finishing.

Also very fortunate to have had an excellent ref, youngish lad who showed a lot of promise, common sense and made the correct decisions 

7 hours ago, B_D said:

It depends on what way you look at it here mate. From a club's perspective where £50 is a lot of money which they just don't have, it will help them out to have this penalty removed for the first time.

Of course, this proposal will be decided at the AGM - it will be the Club's that vote either in favour or against.

Agreed, it depends. There are always going to be two schools of thought on this one. Lower penalties to assist clubs survival when struggling, tougher penalties to sort the problem out! Teams need 7 players to fulfill a fixture, and most teams that “cannot raise a team” would be able to do that. But the easy choice is to cancel, often last minute, especially with a soft approach from the authorities. If they are going to get hammered financially, I bet they would make more of an effort to get a team out. If some more teams fold, so be it. We see local football in decline nowadays, so less teams, I would have thought, would mean less cancellations (in the sense that those teams and players still interested in playing turn up week in week out). And with a lack of referrees, less games without one! With cricket about to start, “failing to raise a side” is about to get even more difficult for some!

Points well made :)

When I speak to teams on matchday that can’t raise sides, more often than not, they have enough players to field a team. Like you correctly state, you only need seven to start a game. The issue you face there however is a team could turn up with seven, after ten minutes, one could go down injured.. Game abandoned!

Why not turn up with 7 or 8 players, tell the opposition what you are doing, forfeit the game, and take players from the opposition and have a game anyway (friendly type affair). Better than being fined and letting down 11 to 15 other players at the last moment.

13 hours ago, B_D said:

Points well made :)

When I speak to teams on matchday that can’t raise sides, more often than not, they have enough players to field a team. Like you correctly state, you only need seven to start a game. The issue you face there however is a team could turn up with seven, after ten minutes, one could go down injured.. Game abandoned!

What happens in this scenario? Rematch? Points awarded to opposition? A fine?