Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town (Travelling from Glasgow)

Hi guys, 

I wonder if someone can help me. Travelling from Glasgow to Falmouth next month for the final home game at Bickland Park on the 6th May. I have all my travel sorted, flying to Exeter and staying with a close mate who studies down their, but I just need info on the club.. 

I'm a avid groundhopper and travel all over when my club Glasgow Rangers don't have a match (or when I can get away from them!) 

I am looking for some advice regarding Falmouth Town if anyone can assist. 

Firstly is the match just pay on the gate on the day? I had a look to see if any hospitality options were available but no luck. 

Secondly, Does the club operate a club shop or indeed sell merchandise on match days? I always need to try and get my obligatory scarf and keyring combo! 

Finally, anything anyone could recommend to do on matchday, good bars n pubs etc. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to get this info directly from club but they have not yet responded to my emails, calls and messenger messages hence why I'm on here. 

Thanks in advance, 

Ross. 

Thanks guys.

Not looking for any vip treatment ha, just want to be in the stand.

Great to know its easy enough on the day. Pin badge and programme would be suffice I reckon..

Anyone know best way to get in touch with Mike?!

Thanks again for replies - Ross 

Just seen this post-Ross.

Firstly-The last home  game of the season is scheduled for Saturday May 5th v Stoke Gabriel from Devon( not May 6th)

We dont have a club shop as such but I am sure some merchandise can be arranged for you-I will get in touch with the clubhouse manager to find out what is on offer when i visit on Saturday. I could find some old programmes for you FOC

Hot food is served on the day.

I am not sure of the best pubs/bars in Falmouth as I live outside the area but I am sure quiet man will respond to your posts

look forward to meeting you on the day

mike

Hi Mike,

My mistake with the date. I'm in falmouth from Friday to Monday so all good for the game on Saturday. 

Thanks for your assistance, if the club does have a scarf and a keyring that would be excellent, I always try to make early contact as often this stuff has to be supplied before the day as you have suggested. It's not a necessity but try everywhere I go to get one, falmouth town one would be nice!! 

Hot food and a beer in the clubhouse sounds perfect to me ?. 

Thanks again for your help, il keep in touch on here and look forward to chatting on the day.

Many thanks,

Ross 

Tommy your a gentleman. Its my constant that I try to get every ground I go to. 

I'd happily buy it from you or can do a swap if you like. Got an abundance of Rangers and St mirren scarves ? or really any other Scottish team, motherwell are similar in colour ?. Just let me know. 

Hopefully meet you guys for a beer at the ground. Can't wait to visit.

Cheers

Ross 

Hi there Ross. 

My name is Charles Fittus (Quiet Man on this forum) and I do the club programme. I can let you have some programmes from past games (all free of charge) if you would like them. Also, the club do have club ties behind the bar.. pretty sure that there are some left. There is a Macron Club Store where you can order some merchandise online as it is not really possible to hold stuff in stock and tie up funds. The web address is https://macronstoresw.com/clubs/falmouth-town-afc/falmouth-town-afc-senior/

We have a clubhouse that is open every evening and a all day on Saturdays and Sundays. There is a live group most Saturday evenings playing there. Most beers are about £3.10 a pint.

On match days, there is a variety of food served in the ground, Burgers, Sausage and Chips, Cheesy Chips etc. along with soft drinks. Alcohol is not allowed in the ground, but there is time to nip into the bar at half time for a top-up, but if you make yourself known before the match then I am sure that you will be invited in to the hospitality room for tea and cake if you wish.

There is no charge for the stand, just ground admission of £5

If you fancy going into town, there are plenty of pubs and restaurants to suit all tastes. Prices vary depending on where you go as in the harbour area you are paying for the view.

If I can be of any further help, just contact me at: - charles.fittus@tiscali.co.uk

Best wishes,

Charles

Haha didn’t think you would have Ross! Seriously though I go to Scotland( Glasgow) three times a year (East Kilbride) ???????. I could always throw something through your door or post it while I’m up if you want some Town stuff that’s not available on the day? Myself and Tommy played for the club back in the day and I can tell you there’s no other club like it in Cornwall and Bickland Park has had some fantastic players on that pitch over the last 60 odd years. Charlie and Mike are top blokes who will look after you and you’re getting a scarf off a proper Town legend I can tell you Ross! Hope you have a great time even if my Scottish side of the family are Tim’s and not current buns!! (Ross will know what I mean)!! ?⚽️

Hi Ross 

No need for any swaps as I’ve only got a lapel pin badge as scarves are not my thing. I hope to make it on the day but in the event I can’t be there I’ll leave it behind the bar for you. 

The club is very hospitable and Charlie is a top man who along with many others will make you welcome. 

Enjoy your trip to Falmouth mate!

Tommy

Rappo that is very kind! Thank you. So you are east Kilbride fan?! Nice one!!

I'm all good with celtic tbh although on Sunday at Hampden I can't say I will feel the same ?. If you can connect to me on facebook 'Ross Lee' you would be welcome at ibrox anytime can get you a ticket.

Tommy thank you so much, kind of you. Really appreciate it with scarves like this. Similar to the rest if you ever fancy ibrox you are welcome. Happy to sort stuff out.

Cheers guys,

Ross 

You’ll have a cracking day Ross that’s for sure! Town got some good young players to watch out for and lovely people at the club. Catch up with Westy the manager and his coaching team after the game, great blokes, guaranteed a laugh! Would have popped down myself but I can’t drink with a Rangers fan. No only joking ? I’m in Cyprus that week. Watched EK twice this season, very good team, hope they make it into the league this time? Really ambitious chairman! Could be a rematch with Cowdenbeath the way things are looking!? Hope they’ve practised their penalties this season!?  Enjoy the Old Firm semi on Sunday, close one I reckon mate? Think Motherwell might give the Dons a run as well on Saturday? Not on Facebook (know too many people from the past ?) but I’ve got your email, me and the bro in law always get VIP treatment at Albion Rovers and Stirling Albion if you ever fancied one of them if Rangers are away? Anyway a top effort from Glasgow to Falmouth and one I’m sure you’ll always remember Ross ?⚽️???????

Haha cheers Mike!!! Most of it is in foreign mate!! Gave up trying to translate it!! Luckily a lady at work has French friends so they did the magazine article for me but I struggled on the Chinese and Vietnamese stuff Mike! Got a decent scrapbook out of it all at the time though mate! Could have done with them sitting down with me to watch the YouTube video though! 3 days filming morning to night for a 15 minute documentary! Was a nice chap though ? Hopefully be down for my annual Bickland visit before the end of the season, so hope to catch you then. Long time no see, don’t see anyone at work anymore mate, couped up in an office for 12 hours all night these days! Good to hear from you Mike x