Torpoint Athletic 0, Ivybridge Town 3

New rearranged game for tonight following earlier postponements: -
Falmouth Town 3, St Austell 0 

DIVISION ONE EAST 
Crediton United P-P Teignmouth 

DIVISION ONE WEST 
Dobwalls 3, Plymstock United 1 
Elburton Villa P-P Holsworthy

I would have thought it a relief that the Falmouth contingent wont have to travel the 100+ miles to Cullompton tonight-What time would they have to leave ? probably curtailing their working day.

i have said previously a Sunday game following a Saturday game is more appealing when you have plenty of time to prepare and help from the Reserve team to bolster the squad.

my opinions only

3 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

I would have thought it a relief that the Falmouth contingent wont have to travel the 100+ miles to Cullompton tonight-What time would they have to leave ? probably curtailing their working day.

i have said previously a Sunday game following a Saturday game is more appealing when you have plenty of time to prepare and help from the Reserve team to bolster the squad.

my opinions only

Totally agree with you here Mike, much easier to play a double header rather than a long midweek game. Not all players are students and can just turn up 100+ miles away at 6:30 for a 7:30 kick off!

53 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Totally agree with you here Mike, much easier to play a double header rather than a long midweek game. Not all players are students and can just turn up 100+ miles away at 6:30 for a 7:30 kick off!

But the swpl officials think the opposite !

47 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

Falmouth Town are now at home to AFC St. Austell tonight. Hastily re-arranged game and no time to do a programme but at least it is another game played.

Credit to all involved getting this one on.   Tavistock had an extra day last week,  (v Saltash). Couldn't even manage to produce a team sheet.

23 minutes ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

Credit to all involved getting this one on.   Tavistock had an extra day last week,  (v Saltash). Couldn't even manage to produce a team sheet.

who actually cares about team sheets & programmes? if they are available then great, but would rather just watch the game

16 minutes ago, SCFC said:

who actually cares about team sheets & programmes? if they are available then great, but would rather just watch the game

I agree. My experience shows that the teams listed are very seldom the team playing and the cost of the programme is always expensive and offers little value for money.

GAME OFF - ElburtonVilla  v Holsworthy - Waterlogged pitch!

24 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I agree. My experience shows that the teams listed are very seldom the team playing and the cost of the programme is always expensive and offers little value for money.

Although could be another much needed source of income! 

39 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Have you been to Sticker lately Al, the informative programme there is FREE, and doesn't seem to affect their ability to spend money on improved spectator facilities, the latest being a  seated grandstand, and two sizeable covered standing areas.           Perhaps they have their priorities right and spend their money on their supporters.   
The support at that club is impressive if you look at attendance levels in the prem, for a small village they are up there near the top .

3 hours ago, We Two said:

Have you been to Sticker lately Al, the informative programme there is FREE, and doesn't seem to affect their ability to spend money on improved spectator facilities, the latest being a  seated grandstand, and two sizeable covered standing areas.           Perhaps they have their priorities right and spend their money on their supporters.   
The support at that club is impressive if you look at attendance levels in the prem, for a small village they are up there near the top .

Totally agree with what you say. I visited Sticker early in the season and was overwhelmed by the friendly supporters and the make up of the club. If ever a club deserves success it is this club. Certainly a super welcome and chat, a little different than at my club.

Need to change just one consonant.......

Sticker had a stinker, pitch looking good though, new blue and yellow seats another nice addition.

However relegation should not be a concern for Sticker if Stoke Gab have not completed the necessary ground grading requirements, floodlights covered seats etc by this time and if the SWPL are credible and enforce these requirements, planning permission and grant applications had to be in place to gain promotion from East and West divisions last season.

Onwards and pretty much the only way is upwards, happy days ?

Torpoint 0 - 3 Ivybridge

Torpoint had the majority of the play for the first 15 mins and went close to opening the scoring, but the shot flashed across the goal, the referee then had a big call to make after the Torpoint defender went through the back of the Ivybridge striker, which should have resulted in a yellow card, however, the referee kept his card in his pocket, which meant he had set the bench mark for the remainder of the match. The 1st half was a scrappy affair, with neither side really getting hold of the ball and the game being played at 100mph. 

HT 0-0

A mention must go to the groundsman  & helpers for ensuring the pitch was playable and being in as good condition as it was, only after the rain did it start to get heavier.

The 2nd half was a far better footballing display by both sides, with Ivybridge playing the better football, which saw them take the lead,  with a well timed run by Mark Loudon midway into the 2nd half. The Torpoint defence were unhappy with the assissant referees decision to keep his flag down for offside, however, with the referee keeping the players away, the Torpoint player called the assistant ref a cheat, to which the referee had selective hearing and took no action!!  Ivybridge continued to contain the Torpoint attack, the first booking was for Torpoint for a late follow through on the Ivybridge player. Ivybridge continued to press for the second goal which eventually come from a half volley screamer from Sam Stevens.

Ivybridge contuined to put the Torpoint team under pressure, who defended well to keep the visitors out. Ivybridge midfielder then picked up his yellow card, just inside the Ivybridge half, in the same fashion as the first yellow card, however, a total over reaction by the Torpoint player, jumpimg back to his feet and physically pushing the Ivybridge player over, which then involved most players trying to separate the players, including the Torpoint goalkeeper (more later) sprinting over half the length of the pitch to get involved, which caused more trouble than it should have. Both players received yellow card,  when one could/should have been red.

With the game restarted, Ivybridge were pressing for a 3rd goal, the Ivybridge striker running on to a through ball, challenged the Torpoint keeper who made the most of it and wanted a foul, to which the referee deemed no foul.  Unless you witnessed what happened next, you wouldn't have believed it...... it was EMBARRASSING & disappointing to see, Torpoints goalkeeper jumped up with his head to head with the Ivybridge striker, then throws himself backwards to the ground holding his head SIMULATING that he had been head butted!! WHAT A JOKE!,!! The keeper should hold his head in shame trying to get a player sent off in that fashion!

The 3rd goal was scored after a well timed run onto a through ball by Ivybridges striker, saw  the Torpoint keeper making a good save, only for the ball to fall to the follow up from Mark Loudon to make it 3.

The referee didn't have the greatest of games and was weak, when he should have been stronger in the some of calls he made.

22 hours ago, herbie777 said:

I went it was dire like watching paint dry

Other than the 3 goals & Torpoint keeper making a fool of himself!

What were you thoughts on the keepers play acting, unless you didn't see it?

2 hours ago, The Villains said:

Torpoint 0 - 3 Ivybridge

Torpoint had the majority of the play for the first 15 mins and went close to opening the scoring, but the shot flashed across the goal, the referee then had a big call to make after the Torpoint defender went through the back of the Ivybridge striker, which should have resulted in a yellow card, however, the referee kept his card in his pocket, which meant he had set the bench mark for the remainder of the match. The 1st half was a scrappy affair, with neither side really getting hold of the ball and the game being played at 100mph. 

HT 0-0

A mention must go to the groundsman  & helpers for ensuring the pitch was playable and being in as good condition as it was, only after the rain did it start to get heavier.

The 2nd half was a far better footballing display by both sides, with Ivybridge playing the better football, which saw them take the lead,  with a well timed run by Mark Loudon midway into the 2nd half. The Torpoint defence were unhappy with the assissant referees decision to keep his flag down for offside, however, with the referee keeping the players away, the Torpoint player called the assistant ref a cheat, to which the referee had selective hearing and took no action!!  Ivybridge continued to contain the Torpoint attack, the first booking was for Torpoint for a late follow through on the Ivybridge player. Ivybridge continued to press for the second goal which eventually come from a half volley screamer from Sam Stevens.

Ivybridge contuined to put the Torpoint team under pressure, who defended well to keep the visitors out. Ivybridge midfielder then picked up his yellow card, just inside the Ivybridge half, in the same fashion as the first yellow card, however, a total over reaction by the Torpoint player, jumpimg back to his feet and physically pushing the Ivybridge player over, which then involved most players trying to separate the players, including the Torpoint goalkeeper (more later) sprinting over half the length of the pitch to get involved, which caused more trouble than it should have. Both players received yellow card,  when one could/should have been red.

With the game restarted, Ivybridge were pressing for a 3rd goal, the Ivybridge striker running on to a through ball, challenged the Torpoint keeper who made the most of it and wanted a foul, to which the referee deemed no foul.  Unless you witnessed what happened next, you wouldn't have believed it...... it was EMBARRASSING & disappointing to see, Torpoints goalkeeper jumped up with his head to head with the Ivybridge striker, then throws himself backwards to the ground holding his head SIMULATING that he had been head butted!! WHAT A JOKE!,!! The keeper should hold his head in shame trying to get a player sent off in that fashion!

The 3rd goal was scored after a well timed run onto a through ball by Ivybridges striker, saw  the Torpoint keeper making a good save, only for the ball to fall to the follow up from Mark Loudon to make it 3.

The referee didn't have the greatest of games and was weak, when he should have been stronger in the some of calls he made.

You’ll see by the date of my last post how much I bite my tongue often but you’ve achieved it. Well done if that’s what you’ve tried as it’s worked. There’s been loads about me on this forum over the last few years but I can’t turn a blind eye to complete bulls**t.

Firstly, I’ve never seen a free kick given for something deemed as ‘no foul’ by the referee but you seem to have been wearing sunglasses in the nighttime clearly. The striker had every right to go for a loose ball and timed it slightly late and accidentally caught me. Being dragged up by my shirt and told “I didn’t f**king touch you” isn’t really the reaction I expected. Also, the fact you saw a ‘head-to-head’ shows you couldn’t see a thing as heads weren’t touched by either by party. Hands around a neck (which also occurred by the half way line) along with threats such as “I’ll see you after” more accustomed to the Sunday League, shouted very loudly, seem to have been clearly missed also. Did I go down like a sack? Yes I did, there was no “head holding” and also I got straight back to my feet after being pushed by the neck, but let’s not get all innocent here and pretend it was all make believe as referee’s don’t give free kick’s for no foul, as you previously stated.

Also, the challenge on our midfielder (which was disgusting by the way) should not have been granted the retaliation by however when he’s only 3-4 games back after a broken ankle, he’s going to react. Both deserved a red card in my opinion. 

Now I’m happy to admit when my player and even myself has made a mistake, maybe, just maybe, you should see a potentially neutral outlook yourself. Stocks of tinted glasses are getting low after all.

Good luck for the rest of the season anyway. 

19 minutes ago, Jasa said:

You’ll see by the date of my last post how much I bite my tongue often but you’ve achieved it. Well done if that’s what you’ve tried as it’s worked. There’s been loads about me on this forum over the last few years but I can’t turn a blind eye to complete bulls**t.

Firstly, I’ve never seen a free kick given for something deemed as ‘no foul’ by the referee but you seem to have been wearing sunglasses in the nighttime clearly. The striker had every right to go for a loose ball and timed it slightly late and accidentally caught me. Being dragged up by my shirt and told “I didn’t f**king touch you” isn’t really the reaction I expected. Also, the fact you saw a ‘head-to-head’ shows you couldn’t see a thing as heads were touched by either by party. Hands around a neck (which also occurred by the half way line) along with threats such as “I’ll see you after” more accustomed to the Sunday League, shouted very loudly, seem to have been clearly missed also. Did I go down like a sack? Yes I did, there was no “head holding” and also I got straight back to my feet after being pushed by the neck, but let’s not get all innocent here and pretend it was all make believe as referee’s don’t give free kick’s for no foul, as you previously stated.

Also, the challenge on our midfielder (which was disgusting by the way) should not have been granted the retaliation by however when he’s only 3-4 games back after a broken ankle, he’s going to react. Both deserved a red card in my opinion. 

Now I’m happy to admit when my player and even myself has made a mistake, maybe, just maybe, you should see a potentially neutral outlook yourself. Stocks of tinted glasses are getting low after all.

Good luck for the rest of the season anyway. 

The challenge on your midfielder, yes it was a foul, but, it was no worse than the one on the Ivybridge player, however, it didn't result in someone running over half the length of the pitch to get involved, which never helps sort anything out and I'll think you'll find you were dragged away because you were causing more issues than solving them! 

Good luck for the remaining games, if they get played!

43 minutes ago, Jasa said:

Pretty sure your player was briefed by the ref for dissent over the decision on the challenge by our player but that didn’t happen either I guess.

Dragged away? ? I rest my case.

You were causing more ISSUES by getting involved, which had nothing to do with you at all, being over 60 meters away, you were dragged away so you couldn't cause more trouble, that's the bottom line! If you can't see that then, you've got the problem! 

7 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Jasa - why do goalkeepers run sometimes half the pitch to get involved? It seems to be more common over recent seasons!

Personally Dave, I lost my head in seeing hands raised towards me and no punishment and wanted to ensure the same punishment back for our player. Was nothing to do with me and obviously I regret it. No excuses from this end. I can’t speak for other occasions from other people. 

I do take offence at being made out to be aggressive by Villans above being described as being ‘dragged away’ as they was no dragging and it’s actually his player that continued to follow me back towards my box and offer me out after. Another point he fails to mention. Any reason why he was so keen to get involved again too? 

I won’t bother posting again, clearly whiter than white is green to you.

6 hours ago, We Two said:

Fair play league in the Premier show Torpoint as having received 5 x red cards and 48 yellows so far this season, and Ivybridge have received 6 x reds and 41 yellows.
Don't think anyone should be surprised that it was a rather feisty affair !!

To be fair, the game was wasn't a dirty game and there wasn't that many tackles that warranted a yellow card, other than the tackle from behind in the first 5 mins, that should have been yellow, but the ref set the bench mark for booking! The Torpoint booking was justified as was the Ivybridge booking for the same type of tackle and booked the player who was fouled for retaliation, which is normally a red card!

7 hours ago, Jasa said:

Personally Dave, I lost my head in seeing hands raised towards me and no punishment and wanted to ensure the same punishment back for our player. Was nothing to do with me and obviously I regret it. No excuses from this end. I can’t speak for other occasions from other people. 

I do take offence at being made out to be aggressive by Villans above being described as being ‘dragged away’ as they was no dragging and it’s actually his player that continued to follow me back towards my box and offer me out after. Another point he fails to mention. Any reason why he was so keen to get involved again too? 

I won’t bother posting again, clearly whiter than white is green to you.

Jasa, he is on about you running out of your box to get involved in something that had nothing to do with you as a player 60 meters away from where the foul was committed, you were ranting and raving making the situation worse than it was, you say you were moving backwards away from it is a complete fabrication of the truth by you, you were ushered backwards not dragged (dragged means you were pulled from behind) to stop you from escalating it even more.

At least you have admitted you lost your head and threw yourself to the ground for no reason!

Please keep posting, as football is all about opinions, it's like a A***hole, everyone's got one and if everyone agreed with each other, it would be boring!

Happy footballing......

7 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Jasa is known for running to get involved in the fun. Seen him do it several times when the handbags are out!

No comment needed!

1 hour ago, The Villains said:

he is on about you running out of your box to get involved in something that had nothing to do with you as a player 60 meters away from where the foul was committed

Not as such - it was more a general question to a goalkeeper about the fact that there would appear to be a few that insist on getting in on the action way down the pitch!

On 13/04/2018 at 10:16, The Villains said:

Torpoint 0 - 3 Ivybridge

HT 0-0

Thanks, good match report plus was told the keeping fell to the floor after being blown over.