Cornwall Football Forum

Combo results 22/12/07

PERRANPORTH 0-4 ST DAY

GOALS FOR ST DAY: LEE DUFFIELD, ADRIAN (GOAL MACHINE) HART, MATT THIRKLE, PERRAN COOKE.

GREAT RESULT FOR THE BOYS TODAY, THREE IN A ROW. PERRAN COOKE WITH THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS SHOWBOAT YOU WILL SEE. (ANDRE KANCHELSKIS FOR RANGERS SPRINGS TO MIND)

GREAT SUPPORT AS ALWAYS AT PERRAN AND GAME PLAYED WITH GREAT SPIRIT.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mullion 4-0 Penzance Reserves

2mins 1-0 Mullion break down their right, working the ball through into the box. Daniel Reeder volleys from 10yds across keeper into the bottom of the net

8mins 2-0. Penalty due to a trip in the box. Shot to keepers left. Shane Rosevear

26mins. Pz get a penalty. Alfie Turner's low shot saved by the goalie diving to his left.

H-t

64mins 3-0. 40yd screamer from David Cheetan beats Pz keeper who attempts a flying save but ball too fast. Brilliant volley.

72mins 4-0. A free kick from roughly 45yds out on left near line. Darren Mager shoots high and ball dips past keeper going at a fair lick.

Corners 2-2 1st half and 1-0 to Mullion in 2nd. Crowd a suprising 34 for a bottom of the table match with 9 from Pz.

It's starting to get more and more difficult to find positives about the performances of the Magpies. Today we gifted Mullion 3 points and 3 of 4 goals, the penalty and the 2 long range shots. The only time we dominatd was the last 20mins of the 1st half. We were missing Mark Grenfell, Sean George and Tony Riggal from the back and it showed.

Oh well, Porthleven at home Boxing Day, another chance to add to our points total. :P

CTB

Time to see what winno and his boys are made of now.hp suprisingly quite today .

When are the games between truro and helston cause in my opinion they will decide where the title goes now.Helston did have the upperhand but have chucked that away now like I said now we will see what helston are made off.

no disrespect to perran but they just didn't want it today, that said we were clinical and put our chances away. couple of good saves by myself at crucial times in the game made sure we kept on our toes and didn't concede.

think i am right in saying perran had a few out but you play with what you've got on the day.

st day on the up.

Guest Helston Patriot

R-L And Bob,

Stow your tits, how can i post on a game i wasn't even there on and i found out the result from this site?? I'm supprised that you have the balls to mouth off were you are in the league.. I look forward to the complaints by your manager to winno again after that comment

Yes that was a little flash but i'm ill so i'm allowed

Doesn't help either when 10/15 players were on the piss the night before, lets hope that hasn't cost us..

merry christmas x

FELLAS YET AGAIN WE ALL GOT TO HAVE OUR LITTLE DIGS AT EACH OTHER GROW UP EHHHH....

BREAS WAS NOT AT THE GAME AS HE WAS ILL!!!!

AS FOR THE GAME YES WE LOST 2-0.BUT LETS GIVE CREDIT TO PERRANWELL THEY THEY PLAYED WELL TODAY ON A REALLY TERRIBLE PITCH...

WE ARE ALL QUICK TO BLAME THE KEEPER AND YES MITCH MADE 2 MISTAKES. HE ALSO MADE A COUPLE OF GREAT SAVES ALSO BUT WE ALL FORGET THAT PRETTY QUICK. WE ALSO FORGET WE MISSED 10 GOOD CHANCES MOST OF THE TIME SHOOTNG STRAIGHT AT THE KEEPER WHOM FROM WHAT I SAW TODAY A VERY DODGY ONE AT THAT!!!! AND EVEN A HEADER FROM AN INCH OUT BOUNCED DOWN AN OUT.

TO MANY OF THE SQUAD THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY TO GO OUT ON THE PISS ON FRIDAY NIGHT AND LET THEMSELVES, ME AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE CLUB DOWN BIG TIME. YES THINGS WILL CHANGE ON BOXING DAY!!!!!

PEOPLE SAY THE LEAGUE IS OVER ALREADY ANYONE CAN BEAT ANYONE IN THIS LEAGUE. TRURO STRUGGLED AT PERRANWELL AND FROM REPORTS THEY STRUGGLED DOWN AT LUDGVAN ALSO.

I KNOW WE CAN BEAT ANYONE ON OUR DAY. BUT ONLY WITH THE RIGHT ATTITUDE AND BELIVE YOU ME IT IS GONNA BE RIGHT ON BOXING DAY......

little flash!!!!!!

breasers you are missing the point. you set yourself up to people all the time by posting comments like your previous one.

i hope the title race goes all the way this year and to be honest i couldn't give a monkeys who wins it, but i am sure there are a few who hope truro win it because of you attitude on here breasers.

we are where we are in the league due to poor performances at the start of the season, but we are on a bit of a roll now and we hope it will continue. i ill be away for two weeks from now so i will not be able to post as much on here for a minute, i will be back though and wont make any excuses about it being a rubbish site just to cover me being away.

winno good luck over the xmas period and i wouldn't like to be in the firing line for the team talk on boxing day.

:unsure: :unsure:

Leagues are not won or lost on 1 game at xmas lads! Losing to Perranwell did,nt really make a difference to Helston as they would have to get results against Truro anyway. Winno you been around long enough to know that it is time to worry when the title is taken out of your own hands. goalkeepers make mistakes and they show on the scoresheet,players make far more mistakes and no-one takes any notice. And know i,m not anti-Truro I hope the title goes to the wire, to keep things interesting for neutrals.

Hayle re 3-2 Ludgvan

Hayle goals by W Rouffignac 1 A Withers 1 D Mooney 1

A very competitive game with both teams playing some good football we missed a couple of chances and so did Ludgvan we went one up just before halftime through Wayne Rouffignac and thats the way it stood at halftime.

The second half was much like the first and we managed to get the important second goal i thougtht would give us breathing space a well taken freekick on the edge of the box by Andy Withers beating Justin Millard in Ludgvan goal who considering i seen him on the beer friday had a good game in goal for the visitors, but some good play from Ludgvan and sloppy defending from us let them back in the game and they scored twice to draw level and were on top they had a free kick on edge of box they thought was inside and a penalty but with ten to go we got free kick Shaun Quinn put into the box and Deen Mooney headed into goal Chris Bullock helped it on its way in and they still arguing whos goal it was i didnt care just releived to get win after throwing away a two nil lead and a welcome three points for Christmas.

And before somebody askes we did take advantage of the fact our first team had no game using three players But then Ludgvan had all there first team playing.

Nice to see old faces from my time at Ludgvan great bunch and Anthony Hosking is putting good team together just need some luck i am sure results will come for you MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYBODY AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink: :drink:

i hope the title race goes all the way this year and to be honest i couldn't give a monkeys who wins it, but i am sure there are a few who hope truro win it because of you attitude on here breasers.

I think you've been at the celebratory sherry St Days No 1 :wacko: HP is one of the few on here who DON'T have an attitude. I don't know the guy but I've got total respect for his attitude, he's completely committed to his club (which is something you don't see very much of these days) and his manager. A few people could learn a thing or two from the guy.

As far as our game goes you can spell it out any way you like. Yes we had players out, yes some of our players had raging hangovers and yes some of our players were ill but bottom line .... we were crap. However, that's football and we'll press on to next week & take it as it comes. Best of luck for the rest of the season :thumbsup:

PS In case you're wondering I was the one on the sideline telling you to stop shouting - you were giving me a headache!!! :blink:

ronin

i didn't question his commitment. he has been at helston for years (i have been at st day for 5 yrs now) and is a credit to his club as you say but it's his comments that rile people.things like "stow your tits" or "having the balls to mouth off from where you are in the league" and other derogatory remarks. i know the guy and he is a nice guy.

as for our game i was aware that you had players out, i was also aware that some of the players were suffering with hangovers, we had a few also. sorry for the shouting i will be a bit quieter next time we meet ha ha!!!!!.

sorry if i have ever offended anyone on here, i have never willingly gone out to offend anyone i just post my opinions thats all.

Illogan 0-0 St Just

Not a pretty game but both sides were committed with a few good chances I would personally say a couple of better ones for us but think it would have been harsh to say either side deserved all 3 points. Good games from the 2 Curnows for St Just and good games again from the whole defence for Illogan including Keeper (another clean sheet) Hopefully we can start helping out with a few more goals the other end and we will be right back up there.

Good little run from from St Day at the Mo and im sure Winno's Helston will bounce back so makes for an interesting 2nd half of the season.

Holmans has to have been the shock result of the day and when I saw a few of them on the friday night im surprised they even turned up ha ha but it is the time to be Jolly!! Merry Xmas Everyone!!

Holmans has to have been the shock result of the day and when I saw a few of them on the friday night im surprised they even turned up ha ha but it is the time to be Jolly!! Merry Xmas Everyone!!

We played em off the pitch, and we had players out the night before!!

Holmans keeper was outstanding for them, can't even count how many saves he made, merry christmas to all!!

No offence intended I just expected Holmans to win or it to at the least be only 1 goal in it either way so its less the fact you beat them as more that you did it 5-1 which is a great result. And lets be honest none of us are professional so I expect every side had people on the lash that friday and rightly so.

Having played at Holmans they are a club of George bests (in the drinking sense) so wouldnt have been surprised if they all woke up sober and ready to go again anyway.

Guest Helston Patriot

I only flashed up because people ar e quick to have a pop that i'm not posting because we lost. I wasn't even there for the second week running now, so people shouldn't pipe up if they dont know personal circumstances... Bob i love you and sorry for saying what i did :( ... And i've been at Helston since i was 13. Never played for another team since wendron under 12's!

Merry Xmas

x x x

no hard feelings breasers.

since you were 13 eh!! that must be some sort of record, anyone playing at the club been there longer.

as for the near miss anita mentioned it was close. we were in the changing rooms at half time and i had some lactic acid in my throat from all the shouting so i opened the changing room door and spat it out, only to see anita running past. it must have missed her face by millimeters. i appolagised to her and she was very cool about it.

merry xmas and happy new year to you all.

:drink::drink: :drink: