Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Deacon

Trelawny League - Saturday 7 April 2018

Recommended Posts

PREMIER DIVISION

14:30    

Lizard Argyle 2-0 Halsetown

Penryn Athletic Reserves 4-4 St Agnes Reserves

St Buryan 1-0 St Day Reserves

St Keverne 0-2 Helston Athletic 3rds   Already played at St Keverne. Reverse to Helston       

Wendron United Reserves 2-1 Stithians

 

DIVISION 1

14:30

Lanner P-P Perranporth Reserves

Rosudgeon 2-4 Threemilestone

Four Lanes P-P Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

 

DIVISION 2

14:30

Frogpool & Cusgarne 4-2 Redruth United Reserves

Illogan RBL 3rds 2-2 Probus

Mullion Reserves 1-2 Wendron United 3rds

Newlyn Lions 5-2 St Day 3rds

Storm 5-2 Gwinear Churchtown

 

DIVISION 3

14:30    

Falmouth DC P-P St Buryan Reserves

Holman SC Reserves 11-2 Carharrack Reserves

Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves 8-6 Rosudgeon Reserves

Ruan Minor 3-1 Ludgvan Reserves

St Agnes 3rds P-P St Ives Mariners

St Erme 2-4 Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

 

DIVISION 4

14:30    

Constantine Reserves 3-3 Penzance Reserves

Hayle 3rds 3-2 Troon AFC Reserves

Madron 1-1 Lizard Argyle Reserves

Mousehole 3rds 9-2 Goonhavern Athletic 3rds

Praze-an-Beeble 8-0 Stithians Reserves

Probus Reserves P-P Perranwell Reserves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll be getting my monies worth today at Holmans by the looks of things, was planning on watching their 1st but by the looks of it I'll get two games for the price of 1! Any games off today already? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Div 4

Constantine Reserves 3-3 Penzance Reserves

Pz dominated the first half having 75% of the play but found the home keeper in inspired form.

Sides go in at 0-0, and the home side score 3 goals at regular intervals during the second half, the first after 46mins. Five minutes on the clock Pz pull one back. Into stoppage time, visitors awarded a penalty and convert. Cue a handbags event involving players, subs, spectators. Game restarts, last gasp attack, Pz player pushed in the back. Penalty, put away. whistle goes before the re-start. 3-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Illogan 2-2 Probus 

Hardly a game for either to remember, with neither team ever getting any sort of rhythm. And the spectators can't have been overly enthused by what they saw.

Illogan went into the half time break 2-1 up with a good long range effort before a mistake let the attacker through for a 1 on 1 which was tucked away. Probus responded a little with a couple changes resulting in a couple chances with Justin Trebilcock pulling one back.

2nd half, again not too much in the way of quality football to talk about, with about 10mins to go a little bit of action with the cards. Illogan striker shown rightfully a second yellow for a cheap trip as Probus attacked, and with about 5 mins to go a bad tackle from an Illogan player resulted in a bit of a scuffle, hands around necks, ref had to show red to a player from each team. Probus able to pull back the equaliser from Liam Paddock shortly after.

Probus racking up more draws then they'd like in their title chase!  Best of luck to Illogan for the rest of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure of the Storm result today but I did want to say a big well done to Scott and James for the effort they put in on the pitch to get this game played. I inspected the pitch at 12 and deemed It unplayable in one area - which threw the game into jeopardy. However, they then went out of their way to purchase materials required to get the very soft area to a playable standard. Because the game went ahead, I assume they did a good job! Great effort by all involved for the hard work taken to get that game played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, B_D said:

Can't help a waterlogged pitch mate :/

not convinced mate.i reckon struggling to get a team together with all 3 teams playing and 2 red cards last week against us including there keeper who stopped a cricket score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, fudge said:

not convinced mate.i reckon struggling to get a team together with all 3 teams playing and 2 red cards last week against us including there keeper who stopped a cricket score.

it has nothing to do with 1st and 2nd having a game i have my own players i use. i was down to 9 players friday morning but i had more confirm so was back up to 12 . the pitch was not playable or i would have played it , if you ask dave i sent him pics of a flooded bottom goal so if you wanted to play water polo then that would have been fine . i had a ref check the pitch for me paul roberts as i was working so couldnt do it , even if i still only had 9 i would have played it and i also agreed for one of your players to ref it . so get back in your box and we will see you when rearranged , but i did have a lovely afternoon off in the sun ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Division 3

St Erme 2 - 4 Frogpool Reserves

Scrappy game in tough conditions and another below par performance on our behalf, but an important three points nonetheless.

 

Our opening goal came after the keeper spilled the ball for Lewis Bax to tap home. We doubled our lead after Charlie Martin played a delightful through ball for Harry Payne to cooly slot home.

 

Second half we really underperformed and St Erme got a goal back from a free kick that bounced around the area before Tom Campbell scored from a corner.

 

St Erme weren’t done there though and piled on the pressure in the closing moments. Elliot Jolly headed home from close range after a delightful cross.

 

Sam Bromley put an end to the match though after lovely link up play with Payne before slotting home with his left foot.

 

Man of the match: Lewis Bax

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chris wells said:

it has nothing to do with 1st and 2nd having a game i have my own players i use. i was down to 9 players friday morning but i had more confirm so was back up to 12 . the pitch was not playable or i would have played it , if you ask dave i sent him pics of a flooded bottom goal so if you wanted to play water polo then that would have been fine . i had a ref check the pitch for me paul roberts as i was working so couldnt do it , even if i still only had 9 i would have played it and i also agreed for one of your players to ref it . so get back in your box and we will see you when rearranged , but i did have a lovely afternoon off in the sun ,

times like weve had just gotta try and get the games on and do all that we can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Division 3

St Erme 2 - 4 Frogpool Reserves

Scrappy game in tough conditions and another below par performance on our behalf, but an important three points nonetheless.

 

Our opening goal came after the keeper spilled the ball for Lewis Bax to tap home. We doubled our lead after Charlie Martin played a delightful through ball for Harry Payne to cooly slot home.

 

Second half we really underperformed and St Erme got a goal back from a free kick that bounced around the area before Tom Campbell scored from a corner.

 

St Erme weren’t done there though and piled on the pressure in the closing moments. Elliot Jolly headed home from close range after a delightful cross.

 

Sam Bromley put an end to the match though after lovely link up play with Payne before slotting home with his left foot.

 

Man of the match: Lewis Bax

 

Congratulations to you and the lads mate, was a good game and although you may have underperformed I felt we more than matched you at times and put a great performance in and made it hard for you, our lads worked very hard today.

We hit the post and should’ve at least been 1 up before you scored but that’s football and you take your chances or else you get punished and that’s what happened.

At 3-2 we had one cleared off the line aswell and so on another day it could’ve been a different outcome but wasn’t too be, Frogpool getting the 4th with pretty much the last kick off the game as we pushed on.

But credit where credit is due, to still be unbeaten and not having lost a game is impressive. Just hope that you lads get to go up as you deserve it.

All the best mate for the rest of the season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jolzy10 said:

Congratulations to you and the lads mate, was a good game and although you may have underperformed I felt we more than matched you at times and put a great performance in and made it hard for you, our lads worked very hard today.

We hit the post and should’ve at least been 1 up before you scored but that’s football and you take your chances or else you get punished and that’s what happened.

At 3-2 we had one cleared off the line aswell and so on another day it could’ve been a different outcome but wasn’t too be, Frogpool getting the 4th with pretty much the last kick off the game as we pushed on.

But credit where credit is due, to still be unbeaten and not having lost a game is impressive. Just hope that you lads get to go up as you deserve it.

All the best mate for the rest of the season.

 

Thanks mate! All the best to you too.

You boys certainly didn’t play like a side in the bottom half of the table!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fudge, I think you owe several people your apologies, I was the ref who was asked to inspect the pitch which I did and at 09.30 both goalmouths were full of standing water, also I deemed about  70% of the remainder of the pitch was totally waterlogged plus it was still raining. There was no chance of a game of football being played on that pitch,  therefore I had no alternative but to call off the game. St Agnes thirds followed the correct protocols in the decision to call off the game, it was my decision and no one else had any input to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newlyn NA Res. (3) 8 -v- 6 (3) Rosudgeon Reserves

Visitors got the scoring underway with an early penalty, with Newlyn hitting back with 3 in a row. With half time looming, Rosudgeon hit 2 goals in a minute to draw level at the break. From then on, it was a bit like basketball, we attack, score, you attack, score, and I think most people lost count. Newlyn eventually pulled a 3 goal advantage, with Rosudgeon hitting a final reply late on to end 2 behind. The pitch was awful, but at least we got a game played. Good effort everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, B Manning said:

Fudge, I think you owe several people your apologies, I was the ref who was asked to inspect the pitch which I did and at 09.30 both goalmouths were full of standing water, also I deemed about  70% of the remainder of the pitch was totally waterlogged plus it was still raining. There was no chance of a game of football being played on that pitch,  therefore I had no alternative but to call off the game. St Agnes thirds followed the correct protocols in the decision to call off the game, it was my decision and no one else had any input to that.

thank you 

50 minutes ago, fudge said:

times like weve had just gotta try and get the games on and do all that we can

i spend many hours trying to sort the pitch but this time wasn't playable , my missus even cuts it for me while i mark it and do work up there so that I'm not wasting all my spare time there when it can be spent with her and our kids 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B_D said:

I’m not sure of the Storm result today but I did want to say a big well done to Scott and James for the effort they put in on the pitch to get this game played. I inspected the pitch at 12 and deemed It unplayable in one area - which threw the game into jeopardy. However, they then went out of their way to purchase materials required to get the very soft area to a playable standard. Because the game went ahead, I assume they did a good job! Great effort by all involved for the hard work taken to get that game played.

Cheers Dave we win 5/2 mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Chris wells said:

thank you 

i spend many hours trying to sort the pitch but this time wasn't playable , my missus even cuts it for me while i mark it and do work up there so that I'm not wasting all my spare time there when it can be spent with her and our kids 

No one wants to play footy as much as Wellsy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tempo said:

No one wants to play footy as much as Wellsy!!

defo love a game . don't think i have long left in me my knees and ankles are fucked . but few more games in me yet i hope 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The madron v lizard game was quality to play in.

Quite possibly the worst penalty ever scored by Adam Matthews though.  But it went in and the point was well deserved. 

 

The madron revolution continues 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×