Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 22/12/07

FHFL 2

Wendron 0 - 0 truro

Great result for my guys, set out from the start to pressurise and frustrate truro and disrupt their passing game, had a couple of lads back from uni which really helped, 1st half very even with wendron havin the best chance to score, the truro keeper tipping a shot from our stirker round the post. 2nd half they put us under alot more pressure, be we managed to cope very well, and in the end a draw was the least we deserved. Well done to all my players, couldnt hav asked for more

Pete

thanks soccer follower, i did score a hatrick, but missed loads of other chances, for some reason i have lost my confidence in front of goal, but i am a midfielder so thats my excuse! credit to frogpool they are a good bunch of lads who although went down they kept going and kept battling to the end, it was not a malicious game in the slightest and friendly bantering went on to the end, for lanner we steam roll on, god knows why were playing well, and now we sisn on three ex combo players, who want to have fun like the rest of the team and enjoy there football, next game penryn

Well done to all the lads at Falmouth Ath, think you were the better team on the day! Jo Perren had a class game in midfield. Bit scrappy and a few late tackles at times but over all a good hard fought game and some good banter!

Good luck to Roy and the lads for the rest of the season.

Thanx Danny think your team played good football, good derby like you said a few late tackles (both sides) but none were malicious, and credit to our lads for not appealing for the ref to take action against your keeper on the penalty incident, I think the ref did well, your keeper went for the ball and was unlucky to catch the forward.

Thought you would have been right to appeal to the ref, may have went for the ball but didnt get anywhere near it and your forward probably would have scored and he should have had another late on but wasted the chance.

Like i said before, the better team won and we didn't even look like scoring all game, Big steve was lucky not to have a pen given against him in the second half for handball.....would have been harsh though!

Probably wont be home to play against you again but i hope its played in the spirit as that one, typical local derby!! Good luck to your lads for the rest of the season!

Im wendron fhfl 2 manager, and in response to the post sayin i had combo players in my team, at least notice that our combo team were playing at the same time away to Falmouth, pretty difficult to play in two gaems at the same time. Our 3rd team did not have a game, but as i can only use 2 players from that team, this is wot i did as i currently dont hav a goal keeper, i also had 2 players that were with me at the start of the season back from uni. I also had 3 lads that have just turned 16 playin their first games for me on sat. We went out with a specific game plan against truro, and we followed it pretty well and got a result that we completely desseved. No one in my team on saturday has or is anywhere near playing at combo standard.

Why is it on this website that as soon as a team gets a good result everyone tries to find a reason other than they played well and earned it. It is a bloody hard job managing a team in any division at any club, so it gets very annoying when i finally get a reswult that people are so quick to find fault with it, as people did when we beat culdrose earlier this season.

Pete

Wendron manager

Guest slick boy

FHL2

Hayle 8 Trispen 1

A battle of the two bottom clubs both with not a single point to their name.

Hayle totally deserved their win with players such as Liam Quinn (South West Peninsula 1) being reinstated to grace the lower reaches of division 2.

From a player on the losing sides point of view it left a sour taste in the mouth that Hayle were so desperate to gain 3 points they found it necessary to reinstate at least two first teamers to overcome the 'mighty' Trispen.

Oh well, it appears that it is not just about taking part any more and a win at all costs culture is dripping down into the lower levels of Junior football.

We have received many pasteings this season,with more likely to follow, however, if we are beaten fair and square I will hold my hands up and say well done to the opponents. However, I would be interested to see how many changes Hayle make in their next league game .

Sorry if this reads like sour grapes but I needed to get this moan off my chest. Merry christmas.