Cornwall Football Forum

dont see why it would be an issue, loads of guiness premiership rugby sides play at premier league football and championship grounds!!

nuff said!

Quite agree cat,there are lots of footy and rugby clubs doubling up these days.I think it is a great idea,a great location,and will put Cornwall on the sporting map where we belong.

KIT.

I would have thought that the ideal place would have been out Pentraze, opposite the turning for Truro Airfield. That junction could be turned into a roundabout. The fields on the right as you drive towards Truro used to belong to an old boy who was looking to retire. They used to do car rallies/scout camping out that way. Ground is flat and near the A30 for traffic and won't interfere with Truro's traffic, main roads, etc.

Just a thought.

Guest crosser

dont see why it would be an issue, loads of guiness premiership rugby sides play at premier league football and championship grounds!!

nuff said!

Quite agree cat,there are lots of footy and rugby clubs doubling up these days.I think it is a great idea,a great location,and will put Cornwall on the sporting map where we belong.

KIT.

think you will find its the grand total of four guiness sides play at football grounds there are probaly some league sides that play at football grounds but I bet the total of rugby clubs sharing isn't more than 10-15% of the 92 league clubs and if its such a good idea why isn't everybody doing it????

But hey you think its a good idea now but I dare say if it happens there will be loads of complaints about the playing surface come a nice wet mid winter

Guest cornish pasty

other clubs have not done it because teams in this country are somewhat obsessed with having their own grounds which are used 25 times a season.

prime example being liverpool and everton who should ground share.

if its good enough for ac and inter milan, juve and roma, etc then it should be good enough here.

as for only a handful of clubs sharing it is because clubs already own their grounds and sharing has to be economical and suitable i.e no good a rugby league team getting 2,000 sharing with man utd.

one good idea is Headingley i think where the cricket and rugby share a main stand in the middle so behind the scenes i.e restraunt on match days, changing rooms, ticket office etc are shared but not pitches.

Any idea what the ground would be called ?? or the stands,

im sure one will be the Heaney stand, another the Cornish Homes stand,

Guest crosser

think you will find its lazio & roma :P but you are comparing two sides that play the same sport, and I agree with you it would make more sense for teams quite close together to share i.e your bristols, sheffield, but that will never happen.