St Eval Spitfires 3-3 Roche Reserves

DIVISION 4

Boscastle Reserves P-P Looe Town Reserves

North Petherwin Reserves P-P Lostwithiel Reserves

Polperro Reserves 1-4 Liskeard Athletic Thirds

Southgate P-P Tregony

Wadebridge Town Thirds P-P St Kew FC

Week St Mary P-P St Mawgan Reserves

It looks to me as if there are only 5 Duchy games still on today.  Nobody should be in any doubt just how bad the fixture backlog is now. 

What people may not appreciate is how serious the referee shortage will also be as all leagues try and catch up their fixtures. The Duchy and Trelawny Leagues are at the bottom of the pile and even if all the matches can be scheduled at some point there just wont be enough referees to cover.

Talking of referees, I was sorry to hear this morning that a good old friend of the Duchy League was hanging up his whistle. Colin Penhorwood has been a familiar and popular referee in east Cornwall for over 30 years but has decided to 'slow down a bit'. Older readers will remember him rocking up in his Reliant Robin and who would not recognise that distinctive voice !

Have a good 'retirement' Colin.

Duchy Div Two

Stoke Climsland 4 - 2 St Minver

Good, entertaining match with Stoke Climsland extending their lead at the top of the table to nine points.

Phil Burgoyne gave the home side an early lead with Corrie Crook replying after ten minutes. In the dying minutes of the first half Jamie Campbell and Kevin Kendall put Stoke well in control at 3 - 1.

The second half went mostly St Minver's way but it took them too long to pull a goal back ,  Spencer Hartill eventually scoring with ten minutes remaining. In the closing seconds Burgoyne snatched a second and Stoke Climsland ran out 4 - 2 winners.

Stoke have a big, physical, experienced side - a great combination at this level - but Saints gave them a real good game.

St Stephen 3 Gerrans and St Mawes 3

cracking game to watch for a neutral! 

St Stephens went ahead with 2 first half goals.

Gerrans and st Mawes came our second half like a different team and scored 3 goals in quick succession to flip the game.

with both teams pushing for more st Stephens scored to make it 3-3.

Both teams played well and a draw was probably a fair result although both teams will feel they should have won. 

Well refereed as well in a game that both teams battled well on a heavy pitch.

23 minutes ago, tomleft said:

St Stephen 3 Gerrans and St Mawes 3

cracking game to watch for a neutral! 

St Stephens went ahead with 2 first half goals.

Gerrans and st Mawes came our second half like a different team and scored 3 goals in quick succession to flip the game.

with both teams pushing for more st Stephens scored to make it 3-3.

Both teams played well and a draw was probably a fair result although both teams will feel they should have won. 

Well refereed as well in a game that both teams battled well on a heavy pitch.

Would endorse Tom's comments, highly entertaining game. Thanks should go to Jason Prynn and anyone else who worked hard to get the pitch at the Rec in really good order for the game. 

15 hours ago, FatRonaldo said:

Just watched St Mawgan smash St Dennis first team 5-4 after going down 4-2 at half time. I have a question is there any point St Dennis having a reserve team if they call in Newquay first team player.

Griff had actually signed for us start of the season fat Ronald,he joined Newquay as we had several games called off n wanted to play,luckily we have 2 reserve teams,b interesting to hear of anyone else's thoughts on the match,like someone who was actually there n not playing for st Stephens lol. Goals win games n they scored more so there u r!

• 1 month later...

You are right, junior cup winners, watched you guys play St Mawgan last night. I’d be embarrassed if my team was like that. Kicking and moaning all the game. Keeper should of be sent of twice, and many outfield players should of been booked. That St Mawgan player who got booked must of been feeling bitter after some of your challenges and got away with no cards.

On 25 April 2018 at 22:16, FatRonaldo said:

You are right, junior cup winners, watched you guys play St Mawgan last night. I’d be embarrassed if my team was like that. Kicking and moaning all the game. Keeper should of be sent of twice, and many outfield players should of been booked. That St Mawgan player who got booked must of been feeling bitter after some of your challenges and got away with no cards.

My challenges or the team as a whole?