Cornwall Football Forum

PODCASTS - let’s hear from you

As you all know, I’m always keen to try and see if there are more ways to promote and share football from the county.

I don’t know if you’ve seen it mentioned anywhere on social media or elsewhere on this CornwallFootballForum but I’ve started trying doing a kind of podcast featuring football in the county.

I say a “kind of” because its not involving flash expensive computer editing software or paying a podcast host website a monthly amount, but instead all it requires is pretty much talking on your mobile, all but as if you’re on a phone call, costing nothing!

Its done through an app called Anchor (podcasting made easy), which is free.

I’m hoping to do a podcast ahead of this week’s Senior Cup semi finals and already lined up to have a chat with Dane Bunney on behalf of Saltash United. I am waiting to hear from the other three clubs involved. They will be individual interviews, hopefully then combined onto the one podcast.

To make it as slick as possible, all being well I’ll be carrying out the interviews courtesy of a mobile phone and the downloaded Anchor app (its ok for iPhone and android).

It’s also easy and quick to listen to the podcasts via the app as well, download  it, search for CORNISH SOCCER and mark me as a “favourite”. Some have already joined it and had no problems.

I’ve carried out a couple podcasts to see how it goes (testing slightly different aspects on each) and these are available to listen on the below links.

I have made these available so that everyone can get a chance to hear the sort of thing that can be produced. Ideally however, I recommend you listen through the app. When you click on the links, ensure you allow sufficient time for them to load.

Please listen, be critical and offer feedback because I would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions too as to what you would like to hear. If you don’t want to comment on this thread, or not able to on here as you’re not a member of the forum - just text me on 07759 502408.

Cheers
Dave Deacon

Thursday March 1st 2018 - Intro to everyone

Friday March 2nd 2018 - A group chat with Illogan RBL’s Steve Abbott-Smith, St Day’s Rob Hosking and Trelawny League officer Dave Bartlam - Apologies for the slight delay before I start talking (it was a test run after all!)

Saturday March 3rd 2018 - An interview with St Minver’s MAB ECPL manager Dave Witts