Cornwall Football Forum

PARKWAY V CAMELFORD

SATURDAY 24th FEBRUARY

SWPL PREMIER DIVISION

PLYMOUTH PARKWAY

V

CAMELFORD

KICK OFF 1500

BOLITHO PARK

ST PETERS ROAD

MANADON

PL5 3JG

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS AND PASTIES FROM FRIARY MILL BAKERY

ADM £5 ADULTS & £3 CON

MATCH BALL SPONSORED BY

PILGRIM SCAFFOLDING

Pilgrim are a small, friendly team of CITB professionals,  offering scaffolding supplies from design to full erection at highly competitive rates. Pilgrim Scaffolding offers scaffolding for maintenance, repairs or renovation for marine, commercial, industrial and domestic industries. At Pilgrim Scaffolding we aim to deliver a fuss free cost effective service where your safety is never compromised by cost.

Phone: 07788 664 277

pete@pilgrim-scaffolding.co.uk

Another comfortable win for Lee and the boys today. 4 nil by half time .... game over. I thought Camelford looked better when Hopkinson did not turn out for the second half. He was apparently in the officials changing room during half time expressing his thoughts. He should have been sent off first half for at least 2 yellow cards. Another instance a player called the ref A fu.... joke right to his face and was only yellow carded ? Surely that should have been a straight red. The linesman next to me thought so.   Ref had a mare today.

Onto the next game ....cmon Parkway

11 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Another comfortable win for Lee and the boys today. 4 nil by half time .... game over. I thought Camelford looked better when Hopkinson did not turn out for the second half. He was apparently in the officials changing room during half time expressing his thoughts. He should have been sent off first half for at least 2 yellow cards. Another instance a player called the ref A fu.... joke right to his face and was only yellow carded ? Surely that should has been a straight red. The linesman next to me thought so.   Ref had a mare today.

Onto the next game ....cmon Parkway

Hmmmm ! The referee at Bickland park  was much the same and favoured one of your ex players time and again with a quiet word rather than a booking .

36 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Hmmmm ! The referee at Bickland park  was much the same and favoured one of your ex players time and again with a quiet word rather than a booking .

The Ref was appalling today, the worst i have seen this season - every decision was all about him and nothing to do with the football.  He sent Reg to the stands after less than 5 minutes for saying ‘you’re too big time ref’ - that was all (I heard it). The Ref had no idea who Reg was (asking him if he was the physio ), despite Reg managing for 26 years - clearly ref didn’t introduce himself before or after the game to Camelford - he did to Parkway!!

I agree Bobby overstepped the mark and after the yellow was a red card waiting to happen - but partly out of frustration - on at least three occasions players swore at the ref to his face and he did absolutely nothing, actually ‘ran away’ after a player actually ‘touched’ him. He was being assessed and was a disgrace. He gave ridiculous decisions against both teams and yet some obvious cards went pwithout even a word - yes we need to support refs, but not this one  

Back to the football - no complaints, Parkway have class players and worked overlaps freely in the first half and three good goals, the penalty was 50/50 but given so end of.  Camels came out in the second half and really pressed Parkway - hitting the bar and probably edging the half - yes game was over but Parkway knew they had a game  

Really wish Parkway all the best for next season in Western Prem - very good players, great supporters and facilities - deserve all the plaudits - think Camels will be the only team to beat them this season ?

14 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

The Ref was appalling today, the worst i have seen this season - every decision was all about him and nothing to do with the football.  He sent Reg to the stands after less than 5 minutes for saying ‘you’re too big time ref’ - that was all (I heard it). The Ref had no idea who Reg was (asking him if he was the physio ), despite Reg managing for 26 years - clearly ref didn’t introduce himself before or after the game to Camelford - he did to Parkway!!

I agree Bobby overstepped the mark and after the yellow was a red card waiting to happen - but partly out of frustration - on at least three occasions players swore at the ref to his face and he did absolutely nothing, actually ‘ran away’ after a player actually ‘touched’ him. He was being assessed and was a disgrace. He gave ridiculous decisions against both teams and yet some obvious cards went pwithout even a word - yes we need to support refs, but not this one  

Back to the football - no complaints, Parkway have class players and worked overlaps freely in the first half and three good goals, the penalty was 50/50 but given so end of.  Camels came out in the second half and really pressed Parkway - hitting the bar and probably edging the half - yes game was over but Parkway knew they had a game  

Really wish Parkway all the best for next season in Western Prem - very good players, great supporters and facilities - deserve all the plaudits - think Camels will be the only team to beat them this season ?

Yes, I watched yesterdays Parkway v Camelford referee early in the season, absolutely appalling. his first season at this level apparently. I can relate to all of Bobjfh's comments, the referee in question did all of that and much much more when I saw him. After having spent a lifetime in the game, playing, admin, yes refereeing, and now just watching I appreciate it is a difficult job but you must meet a standard. This guy is abysmal and the League need to seriously consider their options with him!

Luke is the County u18 keeper and came to Camels last season as a very good 16 year old, just lacking a bit of confidence under the high ball or commanding his back line, as is common with young keepers. Over the last season Reg and all the Camels (most of whom are 20 or under) have supported him to develop (his confidence, he already has all the skills) and in that time he has developed massively and as you say he will be one of the top keepers in the area, very soon.

As for the assessor being there yesterday, I wish they changed the process of assessing and used assessor's not known to the ref or the ref not knowing they were there (perhaps by mutual aid from other areas) - literally every time I watch a ref being assessed they are never as good as they normally are - I don't know yesterday's ref so can't say if his dismal performance was anything out of the norm - but have seen some very good refs have off days when assessed.

6 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Luke is the County u18 keeper and came to Camels last season as a very good 16 year old, just lacking a bit of confidence under the high ball or commanding his back line, as is common with young keepers. Over the last season Reg and all the Camels (most of whom are 20 or under) have supported him to develop (his confidence, he already has all the skills) and in that time he has developed massively and as you say he will be one of the top keepers in the area, very soon.

As for the assessor being there yesterday, I wish they changed the process of assessing and used assessor's not known to the ref or the ref not knowing they were there (perhaps by mutual aid from other areas) - literally every time I watch a ref being assessed they are never as good as they normally are - I don't know yesterday's ref so can't say if his dismal performance was anything out of the norm - but have seen some very good refs have off days when assessed.

How do you propose that happening? If the match officials were not told before they are easily spotted. The observers also have to listen to the referee’s pre-match instructions so that they know what the referee is asking of their assistants.

BHD - simple answer is 'I don't know' and I am sure it has been considered within the ref world and there are probably national protocols. Perhaps treating the pre match work separately - the most important bit must surely be the game management - if refs are being influenced by their assessment - and from personal experience this seems obvious, then assess their match performance 'covertly' and look at the pre match and half time only once they have shown they can actually manage a game?

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

How do you propose that happening? If the match officials were not told before they are easily spotted. The observers also have to listen to the referee’s pre-match instructions so that they know what the referee is asking of their assistants.

If the match official yesterday couldn't spot the bloke he sent from the dugout, standing inside the rail in front of the stand, still issuing instructions to his players then swopping his black top for a blue one from his dugout and continuing - he is never going to spot a man with a clip board dressed in black kit with a county fa badge on.