Cornwall Football Forum

Re: Cancelled Trelawney Cups

A week or 2 back it kicked off after the Trelawney League decided to cancel the cup competitions without consulting the clubs. 

After hundreds of complaints on Facebook they said they would "talk to eachother to decide if they had been hasty in making a decision" & would send a statement in a "few days" to let us know the situation. Since then the original post which broke the news (along with the hundreds of complaints) has been removed, does this mean they are hoping it will blow over? Does anyone have anymore info? Is there an emergency GM planned? Is there anything we can do together this sorted? Thanks Roy. 

I believe two thirds of clubs need to contact the league secretary or chairman and only that will bring about an emergency general meeting.

Sadly I think too many people just criticise on here and are either too lazy or can't be bothered to do it the proper way.

Personally if I was a player involved or even if my team had been knocked out, I would want the cup games to be played. Wendron will miss out in the May double header finals day!!

I'm assuming a generic letter could be typed up and e-mailed to all clubs to sign and return to whomever.

Come on clubs! Even if you have been knocked out, support those who are left. Even if they are your local rivals, nothing would beat watching them lose in the final!

Why not fixture cup games on a Sunday? If a club can't raise a team they get knocked out? It works with the Launceston Cup.

Could someone (unfortunately I do not have the time) get the full list of club secretary emails from the league and then send a group email to all secretaries and copy in league secretary......then All the club secretaries have to do is “Reply to all” and state they want an EGM to re-instate all cup competitions.

that way after one person has done the initial email it would only take each secretary 1 minute to reply to email and as such log their dis-satisfaction. ?⚽️

On 01/03/2018 at 07:11, WendronOfficial said:

There’s many different solutions, and that’s another great one. 

The Trelawny League praised several clubs, and rightly so, for being co-operative and finding refs themselves.  I just wish the league would be cooperative and compromise regarding this. 

Jokers that mob are. If they don't the AGM should be fun.

On 01/03/2018 at 07:11, WendronOfficial said:

There’s many different solutions, and that’s another great one. 

The Trelawny League praised several clubs, and rightly so, for being co-operative and finding refs themselves.  I just wish the league would be cooperative and compromise regarding this. 

If only a handful of clubs have directly been in touch with them, I doubt it!

All a load of hot air and when action was needed no one could be bothered. Same old story. This is a great platform to moan but when something positive could have been arranged, or at least attempted no action was taken.

Pointless moaning about it at the AGM, try and get it sorted NOW before it's too late.