Cornwall Football Forum

Video Highlights of Truro City v Oxford City

Well done Mark, great to catch City’s games if you can’t get there regularly. Soft pen at 2-0 up I thought! ? Thought the two young lads did very well and always great to hear from Jamie, been there and done it and a top bloke. Got to say Hodgey always gives an honest assessment win or lose, type of guy that doesn’t go over the top when he wins and is not all doom and gloom when they lose. Type of guy you want to play for as a player. Hope City can win those midweek games coming up and stay in the play off positions. All comes down to form then at the end of the season. 

Thanks Mark for your observations. When you mentioned the two young lads, i thought that you were including Jamie Day.

I have seen too many examples of opponents getting goal side of our back three and I wonder whether Lee might not go to a flat back four or, dare I say, the old fashioned sweeper?

I think it will settle down when Palmer and Cooke return.

Both are big characters, and have left a big hole in a smallish squad. Wing backs are more inclined to get forward, if they have confidence in  the three central defenders, and if the ball "sticks" a little longer up top.

31 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

It will certainly help when those two return. We definitely need Cody Cooke when going forward. Him and Tyler Harvey link up well together. On Saturday we had absolutely nothing going forward and hardly looked like creating anything either.

Does anybody no how long cody cooke is out for ? I think ed palmer is back this wk as we might need then as we play top team dartford this week / but sometimes results go better at away games then at home for some unknown reason 

20 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

Don't quote me on this but I think Cody Cooke is back this weekend. I either saw a post somewhere on here or heard someone on Saturday mention it. I do think we'll have to play very well to get any kind of result up at Dartford this weekend.

Spoke to Cody who said he would be available for selection this week. Two up front this week had poor service from midfield who seemed not to know their roles. Softish penalty but why was Booth marking him, Richards had nobody!