Cornwall Football Forum

St Mawgan v Wendron United - Junior Cup 1/4 Final

St Mawgan 1 v 3 Wendron United 

Firstly, amazing work by the ground staff to get the fixture on. The surface was in great condition all things considered. 

Wendron went one nil up only for the home side to equalise just before half time, their goal coming from their hugely impressively young central midfielder, Ashley ???  

Wendron went 2-1 midway through the second half and sealed the win in injury time with a ‘shot’ (I use the word ‘shot’ loosely) from the edge of their own area which evaded the home keeper to settle into the back of the net. I believe the video is doing the rounds on Facebook? 

St Mawgan played some great football and Jim Hilton has them set up extremely well. Fully expect them to be challenging for the league title at the end of the season. Best of luck to them! Lovely food after too! 

Wendron completely outworked us ( Lostwithiel ) last week and although I would say they did not have one stand out player Wendron did not have a weakness either. They played as a team and worked tirelessly for each other from start to finish. Whoever draws Wendron in the Semi Final will have to be on their A game to compete with them, really good side.

1 hour ago, Billy Davies said:

Wendron completely outworked us ( Lostwithiel ) last week and although I would say they did not have one stand out player Wendron did not have a weakness either. They played as a team and worked tirelessly for each other from start to finish. Whoever draws Wendron in the Semi Final will have to be on their A game to compete with them, really good side.

Words from an 'OLD WISE' man ha ha. (But still a great keeper)