Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin vs Ivybridge

Watched the G hammer Ivybridge this afternoon on the artificial pitch at Tretherras School the G where magnificent but this was a farce really football belongs on grass and us supporters had to watch the game behind bars ,pity the G cant play on this pitch every week only joking it was horrible .Ivybridge just couldnt  get to grips with the pitch and the G just destroyed them with Goals from Phil Lowry 2 ,Ben Colquhoun 2 ,Callum Gadney , Alex COLE and someone new i think .Phil Lowry was brilliant today practicaally unplayable he was that good but when a team scores 7 u got to say the whole team where man of the match ,I would also like to say a special mention to Ivybridge for agreeing to play the  the  match on this plastic pitch and they all deserve praise that goes to the  players and management for being so good and playing the match . Brilliant Display by the G just 1 complaint about the Gs performance how the hell did you miss that open goal Ben Colqhuon  you could of had your hat trick you deserved it you worked your sox off and u had your shadow marking you all afternoon in ex Bodmin player Jordan Pearce

Thought he had a poor game today Herbie i saw him play for Bodmin and i thought he was a really good player then he went to St Austell i think he played  for Torquay as well but he  had his work cut out today trying to mark Ben Colqhoun all game and Ben came ou the winner scoring 2 and missing a sitter

It was obvious to everyone watching that the G were used to playing on this surface as most of their team 

play there in the week at six a side ,Ivybridge tried to play football which was a big mistake G were more direct.

Ref very lenient  today as Phil Lowery and Ivybridge no 3 should have both walked.

I never want to see a SWPL game on artificial surface again.

MOM Kyle Brown never stops working

13 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

I remember Jordan as a DJM player too.  Very competative , bordering dirty lol. Other players of the same age in the  DJM league/ PAFC setup and now in this league Todd Hanrahan , Dan Hart , James Rowe and Steve Sutton. Also Rocky Neal now not in the league. Good age group that was.

It was a great age group my son was involved at Morley rangers who won the top league and got to the Devon cup final, there were lots and lots of players  from various teams who could easily have played at this standard and above who now play no football at all. The only one from Morley who i am aware of who plays at a good standard is David Barker at Saltash. I remember Rocky and Steve Sutton playing up front together for plymouth kolts, i knew from the 1st time i saw rocky play he was going to be very good. It really is sad to think how much talent is wasted but i can only c things getting worse sadly

14 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Thought he had a poor game today Herbie i saw him play for Bodmin and i thought he was a really good player then he went to St Austell i think he played  for Torquay as well but he  had his work cut out today trying to mark Ben Colqhoun all game and Ben came ou the winner scoring 2 and missing a sitter

Shame I really thought when i watched him when he was younger that he could go all the way

As a football club that has not played since Boxing Day I for one wanted a game on league agreed Ivybridge agreed officials agreed due to no barriers around Astro supporters had to watch behind the bars as a safety aspect my priority was to get game on the club did not charge I personally went around with bucket to ask for any donations  and a huge thanks to all that did as the club lost money playing on Astro 7 goals three points game played job done proper job?⚽️

Edited by Taniachairmangodolphin

3 hours ago, Taniachairmangodolphin said:

As a football club that has not played since Boxing Day I for one wanted a game on league agreed Ivybridge agreed officials agreed due to no barriers around Astro supporters had to watch behind the bars as a safety aspect my priority was to get game on the club did not charge I personally went around with bucket to ask for any donations  and a huge thanks to all that did as the club lost money playing on Astro 7 goals three points game played job done proper job?⚽️

Well done ...but do you do everything (!)

You are mad Tania but lovely with it the work u do for the G is Amazing and the other volunteers as well me and my  old dog are always made welcome by you all there and look forward to going  to watch the G next week will try and get to the G on satday to watch them play Newton Abbot in the cup .Off on our holidays for a week Costa Del Sennen  at least we should be safe there unike Tenerife where we was robbed from our hotel room .Have a good week everyone

On 28/01/2018 at 10:30, THE BALD ONE said:

I ran Plymouth Kolts B team from u8 to u10 then took the team to  Tamerton Foliot from u11 to u16 at  that age group. Im surprised that Josh Tapp never played at a higher level.

Yes Josh played for Morley good player i think he joined the navy, Jack Rowbotham was a fantastic centre half but the biggest disappointment for me was our centre forward Adam Stephenson at u15s and u16s he was superb and i thought he was on a par with rocky but sadly I don't think he plays at all now