Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Saturday 27th January

Results for
Saturday 27th January 
Falmouth Town Reserves p-p Pendeen Rovers 
Hayle (Cameron Irish) 1-2 St Just (Luke Waller 2)
Att - 70
Holman SC p-p St Agnes 
lllogan RBL Reserves p-p Helston Athletic Reserves 
Mullion (Jack Price, Chris Blee) 2-3 St Ives Town (Louis Graham 2, Curtis Richards)
Att - 40
Penryn Athletic p-p Perranporth 
Perranwell p-p Carharrack 
RNAS Culdrose p-p Porthleven Reserves 
Redruth United p-p West Cornwall 
St Day p-p Goonhavern Athletic

The new Cornwall Combination Prediction league game: Predict which of Saturday's matches will end up being played.

I'm going for Hayle v St Just on the 3G, Mullion v St Ives and Illogan v Helston, all the rest to be P-P

Any optimists out there who think we might be any luckier????

2 hours ago, Andys said:

The new Cornwall Combination Prediction league game: Predict which of Saturday's matches will end up being played.

I'm going for Hayle v St Just on the 3G, Mullion v St Ives and Illogan v Helston, all the rest to be P-P

Walked on our pitch tonight...I'd give it a 40% chance of being played on Saturday ..if it rains P-P

The warm up area is 2" of water and mud, never seen it like it !!!!

18 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Walked on our pitch tonight...I'd give it a 40% chance of being played on Saturday ..if it rains P-P

The warm up area is 2" of water and mud, never seen it like it !!!!

Never known a night like it, not looking forward to the trip home either. A "Poachers" quote as older can probably remember.

On 25/01/2018 at 20:37, Andys said:

Oh well, that's blown that prediction! Looking outside, think it may well be a third weekend wipeout.

Hayle 1, St Just 2

Arrived at the ground surprised to see the game going ahead on the grass pitch, but have to say it looked fine even come the end after 90 minutes.
It took me a few minutes to realise that it was the home side Hayle playing in their change colours of blue as I understand St Just arrived with only their usual green kit!
The first half was heading towards a goalless interval scoreline until two minutes before the break when the visitors Luke Waller scored from the penalty spot. Having gone close early on, this time he made no mistake from 12 yards following the spot-kick being awarded for a foul on Dan Steadman close to the edge of the box.
The Tinners lead didn’t last for too long though as within 4 minutes of the restart the game was all square again after Hayle’s top scorer Cameron Irish lobbed the advancing Gendall.
With both sides raising their game and it becoming end to end stuff, St Just went close to regaining the lead approaching the hour when their young No 11 brought a great save out of the home ‘keeper.
Before St Just did clinch the game five minutes from time, Hayle went close to scoring themselves when firstly Ben Williams failed to turn a Frazer Cadman free-kick towards goal and then three minutes later Matt Thomas hit the upright.
These misses proved costly as in the 85th minute, when Hayle failed to clear a corner properly, Luke Waller hit an unstoppable shot from 25 yards to ensure the visitors a fifth successive league win.

22 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Hayle 1, St Just 2

Arrived at the ground surprised to see the game going ahead on the grass pitch, but have to say it looked fine even come the end after 90 minutes.
It took me a few minutes to realise that it was the home side Hayle playing in their change colours of blue as I understand St Just arrived with only their usual green kit!
The first half was heading towards a goalless interval scoreline until two minutes before the break when the visitors Luke Waller scored from the penalty spot. Having gone close early on, this time he made no mistake from 12 yards following the spot-kick being awarded for a foul on Dan Steadman close to the edge of the box.
The Tinners lead didn’t last for too long though as within 4 minutes of the restart the game was all square again after Hayle’s top scorer Cameron Irish lobbed the advancing Gendall.
With both sides raising their game and it becoming end to end stuff, St Just went close to regaining the lead approaching the hour when their young No 11 brought a great save out of the home ‘keeper.
Before St Just did clinch the game five minutes from time, Hayle went close to scoring themselves when firstly Ben Williams failed to turn a Frazer Cadman free-kick towards goal and then three minutes later Matt Thomas hit the upright.
These misses proved costly as in the 85th minute, when Hayle failed to clear a corner properly, Luke Waller hit an unstoppable shot from 25 yards to ensure the visitors a fifth successive league win.

Good game , fair  report  about 70 watching , twenty watching the other game on the 3 g , Greg worked his magic to get the game on , and was doing running repairs at half time , he didn't seem to concerned after the game either about how the pitch was , hope they took a few quid in the clubhouse  .

12 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

You definitely would have if everyone used that tea/coffee machine - OUCH!!!!

Older you know from our conversations that people don't spend what they used to at clubs  , On Sundays with youth games if the bar was open most parents would just use the toilets , afterwards the bins ,ground would be full of Macdonald wrappers , various coffee cups , pasty wrappers and which ever poor person volunteered had a wasted morning , so opening the clubhouse with the coffee machine near the doors is a solution . Pity Philps pasties don't sponsor the club  with the amount people eat while watching the game .

On 1/28/2018 at 18:22, stevieb said:

Only fork i get out is for digging bait  not a spoon like yourself.?

Thought the pitch held up well! The 3G looked a great addition also might I add, something which will generate a lot of revenue for the club! Where can I find a list of rates for hiring it out? Or is this yet to be considered yet? Seems a shame to have such a good facility unused much of the time? Is it council owned or 100% Hayle FC?

13 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Thought the pitch held up well! The 3G looked a great addition also might I add, something which will generate a lot of revenue for the club! Where can I find a list of rates for hiring it out? Or is this yet to be considered yet? Seems a shame to have such a good facility unused much of the time? Is it council owned or 100% Hayle FC?

100% owned by the club , chairman looking into wa!king football for the older citizens , awaiting the finishing touches to get the lights up and working , on both pitches  . Would think the 3g would be hired out when all bits are sorted , best to contact the club for any details . 

40 minutes ago, Sijames said:

The 3G here is hired out for £49 per game, and is well used as it was built and funded on the premise of being a community facility.

11 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

The 3G here is hired out for £49 per game, and is well used as it was built and funded on the premise of being a community facility.

'here'? i cant think of another club in Cornwall (or SW) that fully own their own 3G pitch can anyone else? i would like to see it utilised a little more for other local clubs mind you inc training and midweek fixtures, i assume once the lights are sorted we could see games on it 7 nights a week inc sundays if teams planned ahead well enough? could have multiple games back to back and would help ease this fixture backlog which we will undoubtedly see this season!

9 hours ago, Sijames said:

'here'? i cant think of another club in Cornwall (or SW) that fully own their own 3G pitch can anyone else? i would like to see it utilised a little more for other local clubs mind you inc training and midweek fixtures, i assume once the lights are sorted we could see games on it 7 nights a week inc sundays if teams planned ahead well enough? could have multiple games back to back and would help ease this fixture backlog which we will undoubtedly see this season!

All of that would depend on planning regulations....the same as here - off by 9pm I believe.

10 hours ago, Sijames said:

Si the club has already had two games back to back on a Saturday with an early KO to get games in ,  and I think you are correct at present Hayle is the only club in Cornwall with a 3g  not attached to a college / sports centre , perhaps it will help to attract some players back to the club  with the facilities on offer .

4 hours ago, stevieb said:

Si the club has already had two games back to back on a Saturday with an early KO to get games in ,  and I think you are correct at present Hayle is the only club in Cornwall with a 3g  not attached to a college / sports centre , perhaps it will help to attract some players back to the club  with the facilities on offer .

Yes - a big well done from me there mate.:c:

13 hours ago, stevieb said:

i meant for use from the local clubs around Hayle also, i.e if Hayle FC do not have a fixture at 8pm on a Friday evening and two other Combo / Trelawny Teams agreed to play that evening and an official was free could it be used for them? would help chip away at this fixtures?

6 hours ago, Sijames said:

i meant for use from the local clubs around Hayle also, i.e if Hayle FC do not have a fixture at 8pm on a Friday evening and two other Combo / Trelawny Teams agreed to play that evening and an official was free could it be used for them? would help chip away at this fixtures?

Hayle 3G pitch is a private facility owned and paid for by the club. It doesn't need to share it with anyone else. Although I expect they would make a fortune if they did by undercutting all the other facilities.

Its the England FA failure to provide 3G community pitches/hubs in Cornwall that people should be investigating.