DIVISION ONE WEST

Bude Town   1, Wadebridge Town   4

Dobwalls P-P Wendron United

Holsworthy P-P St Dennis

Penzance P-P Liskeard Athletic

Plymouth Marjon   1,   Porthleven   2      

St.Blazey P-P Ludgvan

WALTER C PARSON FUNERAL DIRECTORS CUP 3RD ROUND

Mousehole   2,   Launceston   1 (aet, 1-1 at 90 mins)

Tavistock P-P Bodmin Town

RGB CORNWALL SENIOR CUP, 3RD ROUND

Newquay   4,   Millbrook    2

St Austell     2,     Camelford   1

Torpoint Athletic   2,   Carharrack   1

Phil Hiscox ( League Secretary ) has issued a statement regarding tomorrow's fixtures stating that with the inclement weather again striking this week & with further rain forecast this evening he has allowed Clubs to Postpone matches as of now without a referee's inspection if their pitches are waterlogged. Will any games get the Go-Ahead after yet more rain again today

16 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Phil Hiscox ( League Secretary ) has issued a statement regarding tomorrow's fixtures stating that with the inclement weather again striking this week & with further rain forecast this evening he has allowed Clubs to Postpone matches as of now without a referee's inspection if their pitches are waterlogged. Will any games get the Go-Ahead after yet more rain again today

You missed the bit about if possible waiting until Saturday morning.

“League games – Clubs are encouraged to wait until Saturday morning, if the forecasted rain arrives overnight they will not need a formal Saturday morning inspection though. Clubs who are 100% sure games will be off can call it today (Friday) provided a responsible person visits the ground today and confims no play will be possible”

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

You missed the bit about if possible waiting until Saturday morning.

“League games – Clubs are encouraged to wait until Saturday morning, if the forecasted rain arrives overnight they will not need a formal Saturday morning inspection though. Clubs who are 100% sure games will be off can call it today (Friday) provided a responsible person visits the ground today and confims no play will be possible”

Was a responsible person the best words to use. You could ask virtually anyone to inspect your pitch. My 85 year old gran could do an inspection!!

18 minutes ago, Keith B said:

They spend a lot of money installing state of the art drainage systems BIG Al.

Many Football League clubs now have pitches where any soil is a long way below the grass and has excellent drainage incorporated into it. Layers of sand are topped by a synthetic, elastic, fiberous rootzone and the grass "carpet" is up to 25% artificial. Water just runs straight through it and into the drainage system. They even water the pitches before the games and at half time!

If players did "sliding on knees" goal celebrations on our pitches at present, they'd end up with a bow wave of mud!

13 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Shocked to see some of the games that are being played/ attempted to be played. I'm all for getting the game on if possible but is it worth it when someone breaks their leg playing on a dangerous surface, which has happened in the past few weeks. 

Completely agree. 

5 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Very surprised St Austell v Camels and Newquay v Millbrook on - weather in mid Cornwall has been awful - hope the refs haven’t been put under pressure to play the games and we’ll done to the ground staff!!!

4 minutes ago, Keith B said:

No sir it's not worth the risk. Most lads have to go to work on Monday.

2 minutes ago, J.chan said:

Completely agree. 

Yeah, being self employed I know I wouldn't want to be told I had to play on a ground that had huge puddles in it this morning. No amount of work from the groundsman will stop the ball from sticking in the mud. You get the feeling it's a case of "everyone wants the game to be on so the game will be on regardless of the state of the pitch"

9 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Any referee worth his salt wouldn't risk players if he considered the pitch to be too hazardous Roy. 

The trouble is it's not the match official that makes the decision, it's just an official who the club asks to have a look, usually someone with ties to the club.

2 hours ago, Roy D said:

Shocked to see some of the games that are being played/ attempted to be played. I'm all for getting the game on if possible but is it worth it when someone breaks their leg playing on a dangerous surface, which has happened in the past few weeks. 

Weather and pitch was nothing to do with the recent leg break!

8 minutes ago, Alf said:

Weather and pitch was nothing to do with the recent leg break!

I obviously sympathise with anyone getting injured - but when you consider a normal Saturday, the percentage of “serious” injuries is probably fairly low in relation to the number of games being played.

St Blazey also now called off!

Hard luck on Millbrook losing 4-2 to Newquay this afternoon i thought the 1st half Millbrook dominated the game but just couldnt put away the many chances they had in the 2ND half  Millbrook went 1-0 up but the best player for Newquay Cam Turner scored a great EQUALISER time for Jack Bray Evans to come off the bench and replace Max Everard and his class told almost immediatly ,but Millbrook went 2-1 in front but then Newquay stepped up a gear after Millbrook had a player sent off .Millbrook didnt deserve to loose by 4 goals but well done to NEWQUAY in the end but what a struggle man of the match Cam TURNER by a mile 

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I obviously sympathise with anyone getting injured - but when you consider a normal Saturday, the percentage of “serious” injuries is probably fairly low in relation to the number of games being played.

St Blazey also now called off!

Yes I agree Dave. Just commented on Roy because the recent serious injury wasn't down to an unfit pitch.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

All Premier League clubs have undersoil heating as mandatory that helps with getting your game on. 

Now, which Cornish clubs have that at the moment...?

Cornish clubs did not have it in the 60s and seventies but games were still played in the rain and wet pitches !

17 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Buy a time machine and bugger off back there then ?

So funny !

16 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

This is before referees were told that their first priority was the safety of the players and that standing water on the pitch means postponement. 

Think of all the money clubhouses are losing by missing out on Saturday games and rearranging them midweek? 

Do you really think clubs want to call the games off?

Probably mid week matches attract a bigger crowd.

St Austell 2  v  1 Camelford

Just back from watching this one,  which considering the conditions was a good game of football with both teams playing as well as the conditions allowed. St Austell did edge the game on chances, but only just and probably an extra time or penalties result would have been a better reflection of the game.

First half ended 0-0 and was a very close affair for the first 40 minutes, St Austell having several chances in the last 5 minutes of the half, but Camels holding firm. The major issue in the first half, for me, was the suitability of the pitch - there is no doubt at all that St Austell did a great job to get the pitch ready for the game, however it was obvious that sections of the pitch were very heavy. 2 minutes 30 seconds into the game saw a 50/50 tackle ending up with Matt from Camelfords foot catching in the mud and he is still in hospital as I type. 25 minutes later another 50/50 tackle saw two players slide in for a ball and Tom from Camelford is with Matt still in hospital - yes accidents happen, yes it's a contact sport - but I would suggest that neither injury would have occurred on a more suitable pitch.

Second half started with St Austell in the ascendency, however Camelford kept looking dangerous on the counter - new signing Keegan Lloyd giving the leagues best two centre halfs (Giler and Tom Chambers) a run for their money. Camelford took the lead from a neat piece of work on the left and close range finish from Cam. Shortly afterwards saw Camelford attacking and (what looked like) a clear handball in the St Austell box by Giler, St Austell break with a long ball, followed by a handball given against Camelford and from the play that followed Dingle finished his chance we'll.

St Austell took a clear front foot and had a few chances, if their players stayed on their feet more than throwing themselves to the ground, complaining as they fell, they may have scored at least one maybe two. Following a St Austell corner by Wattsy, Camelford cleared and had a counter attack - a bit of interchange play by both teams and a speculative long ball clearance by St Austell found Wattsy (still making his way back) and using the best left foot in the league, Wattsy scored and finished the game.

Well done to St Austell and good luck in the next round against Falmouth (I doubt the pitch will be ready for the 3rd Feb), and hopefully Eddy will be back, as St Austell are nowhere near as good without him. Will be the tie of the next round and for me, whoever wins has to be favourite for the Senior Cup.