Cornwall Football Forum

OUTDOOR MUSIC EVENT

In conjunction with Vitalise Charity at Churchtown we are hoping to organise an outdoor Music event at St Blazey on 26th.July 2008.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had experience of organising such an event for some advice.

Also any Bands that might be interested in getting involved.

Guest Bushranger

Chairman,my nephews band the "astro firs"from falmouth have recently been signed by the same record company as the kaiser chiefs and may be interested,if you pm me i'll get u in touch!

If you go to myspace and search for astro firs you can hear them there!

One of the first things you should do is contact your local authority and speak to the licensing department, environmental health, health and safety etc. They will be able to advise you how to go about licensing for music and alcohol (if any), noise control, security, risk assessments etc and may possibly have a guide to organising events.

July 2008 may sound like a long time away but far better to get the ball rolling now by making initial enquiries as these things can take longer to arrange than people realise.

One of the first things you should do is contact your local authority and speak to the licensing department, environmental health, health and safety etc. They will be able to advise you how to go about licensing for music and alcohol (if any), noise control, security, risk assessments etc and may possibly have a guide to organising events.

July 2008 may sound like a long time away but far better to get the ball rolling now by making initial enquiries as these things can take longer to arrange than people realise.

Mr Chairman,

I agree with 'COD' also there could be a requirement to insure the event and a police presence or control, with July 26th being a Saturday the Police may be needed elsewhere dealing with holiday traffic or something.

These days many well intentioned events have gone because the hassle of staging them absorbs most of the money raised in administration costs.