Cornwall Football Forum

Games cancelled this weekend

1 hour ago, zebedee said:

Well here we go again !

Ruan Minor and Madron have failed to inform League Fixture Secretary that games are off !

Wind your neck In......all relevant people and clubs have been informed of the Madron cancellation. 

Madron may have been a little slack recently but they have the right people helping out now, so before having a go look out of your window at this glorious weather and realise you have more priorities in life to slate clubs that may be struggling behind closed doors. 

If you have some spare time then why not be proactive and see if clubs in your areas need a hand rather than kicking clubs when they are having a tough time.....

11 hours ago, jules said:

madron secretary phoned me earlier saying the pitch was unplayable,  all relevant calls made

1 hour ago, zebedee said:

Well here we go again !

Ruan Minor and Madron have failed to inform League Fixture Secretary that games are off !

It says that “all relevant calls made”, so one assumes that statement is accurate.

1 hour ago, Portreathlegend said:

Wind your neck In......all relevant people and clubs have been informed of the Madron cancellation. 

Madron may have been a little slack recently but they have the right people helping out now, so before having a go look out of your window at this glorious weather and realise you have more priorities in life to slate clubs that may be struggling behind closed doors. 

If you have some spare time then why not be proactive and see if clubs in your areas need a hand rather than kicking clubs when they are having a tough time.....

Didn' contact the referee so not all relevant people contacted 

Ffs every week someone comes on here n gives madron a load of hassle , hav you got nothing better to do with your time? For the last few weeks ppl say that they are only just getting people in too help out and it’s gonna take a little while so stop going on coz you fill up the feed with a load is s**t wen it’s bout results/or cancelled games

Dear Mr Williams ..FACT.....as of this moment I have still not been contacted by the Secretaries of Ruan Minor or Madron .

I did receive a call from a Madron player 14 hours AFTER it was posted here game was off by AWAY team and an hour after my original post .

We had a very pleasant chat where he said he had not been told by Mr Davenport game was off either .

We all know you have a very personal vendetta against me and take every opportunity to discredit my honesty ...very childish !!!

I have and always will be big enough to hold my hands up and apologise if I am wrong .....perhaps you should try it .

David James 

Well this escalated quickly.

As I mentioned earlier we have a new structure in place at madron and are desperately trying to do things the right way with reference to matches, officials, team sheets etc but it's not gonna happen overnight. 

A few of us have took it upon ourselves to contact the correct people each week so we avoid fines and other confusion.

So just bare with us for a few weeks while we 'fix' the issues and stop madron being a thorn in the league's side.

Mr James.

Please rest assured I have no personal vendetta against you.

Quite sure if more people were honest they would say your a very difficult person to please.......

If anything on several occasions you have quite openly made false accusations against any club I have been part of, i also have a email here personally telling me to watch my back...... remember that....saying you sent it to the wrong Alan......ha ha 

You accused my previous club of allowing spectators to drink around the pitch, referee confirmed they were not.

So Mr James, you was contacted by Madron to inform you our game was off due to a waterlogged pitch, doesn' matter who contacted you from the club, you was contacted. 

Have a great 2018 and rather than having a go on a public forum moaning about clubs, I would have thought a league official would have more pressing matters to worry about, how about all of games to get rearranged........

Madron are trying to get back on track.......

51 minutes ago, zebedee said:

Dear Mr Williams ..FACT.....as of this moment I have still not been contacted by the Secretaries of Ruan Minor or Madron .

I did receive a call from a Madron player 14 hours AFTER it was posted here game was off by AWAY team and an hour after my original post .

We had a very pleasant chat where he said he had not been told by Mr Davenport game was off either .

We all know you have a very personal vendetta against me and take every opportunity to discredit my honesty ...very childish !!!

I have and always will be big enough to hold my hands up and apologise if I am wrong .....perhaps you should try it .

David James 

Maybe the away team was a little early announcing it, Madron had to wait til 12pm before officially calling it off so why moan on forum at 10am, surely you want us following the rules??????

1 hour ago, mbkted said:

The away team announced the game being off before the 1200 Saturday deadline. Madron waited till then to confirm.....yes believe it or not madron followed the rules

How did the away team know it was off though? And isn’t the 12pm deadline for games without a referee rather than games postponed due to the weather?

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

How did the away team know it was off though? And isn’t the 12pm deadline for games without a referee rather than games postponed due to the weather?

I'm guessing they let the away team know it was off early so that players could do something else with thier saturday. They then waited until 12 noon on Saturday to let the league, ref, the dog down the road, the 900 people on here who always seem to put them down and everyone else they where ment to inform know the game was off. I've no doubt if they had called it off officially at 10am on the Saturday they would of been moaned at for calling it off too early as the weather can change a lot in 4 1/2 hours. I think the guys are trying thier best to do every thing right and just getting moaned at for it. Maybe next week give them a break ?

4 hours ago, Anita said:

I'm guessing they let the away team know it was off early so that players could do something else with thier saturday. They then waited until 12 noon on Saturday to let the league, ref, the dog down the road, the 900 people on here who always seem to put them down and everyone else they where ment to inform know the game was off. I've no doubt if they had called it off officially at 10am on the Saturday they would of been moaned at for calling it off too early as the weather can change a lot in 4 1/2 hours. I think the guys are trying thier best to do every thing right and just getting moaned at for it. Maybe next week give them a break ?

That’s fair enough, what I was actually getting at is if it’s waterlogged in the morning then it doesn’t matter what time.

Teams are well within their rights to postpone games before Saturday during times of inclement weather. All in line with League Rules. The 12pm rule is when there is no appointed referee available.

I'm working closely with the new team at Madron to help them get their administration up to the required standard. They are doing a good job so far but we have to remember that these lads have not run a club before. They are learning, they will make mistakes. But they are trying. The fact that they are now actively communicating with me, asking for advice (when needed) and making an effort is great to see. Once they are settled and swept up on rules and regulations, I am certain that these guys can turn things around at the club.