Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cornishteddyboy

Got a few quid spare?

On 04/01/2018 at 18:45, CornishRhino said:

I have to admit I am slightly worried as to what the future holds. Just worried that nobody will come in. And we certainly don't want what happened last time.

You're right CR. Investment is needed though - you have to ask - do the people of Truro want a football team ? A city like Truro should have a good football team. Beautiful city, lots going for it and like all good cities, Truro should support a team bearing their name, be it football, rugby or whatever.

4 hours ago, Keith B said:

You're right CR. Investment is need though - you have to ask - do the people of Truro want a football team ? A city like Truro should have a good football team. Beautiful city, lots going for it and like all good cities, Truro should support a team bearing their name, be it football, rugby or whatever.

It's a hard one to know whether the people of Truro want a football team or not. I couldn't call it to be honest. Not many people seem to care so it seems. The club only have themselves to blame in that respect. There is still time to turn it around if they really wanted to. But like you said Keith, I do believe the city of Truro need both a football and rugby team. Preferably successful ones at that.

I was going through the newspaper micro-films for 2004 and read this

From the West Briton 23rd November 2004

Mr Heaney says the future of Truro City Football Club is safe. There is assurance the land will NEVER be used for anything else. In almost every interview with the papers Mr Heaney says he is a football nut and club and land will never be sold. 

Clubs debts are between £140,000 and £150,000. 

Majority of members in favour of him taking over and pumping in millions. Will be a Conference side within 10 years. 

A Mr Bryan Dyer was one of a group of supporters who opposed Mr Heaney taking over. Got 3 local firms together who wanted to take over the club but was voted down.

So if you want to read the story go to the Redruth Records Archive and look up that date and several dates after to get the story.