Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League - Fixtures Saturday 30th December

Results for
Saturday 30th December 2017
Falmouth Town Reserves P-P Redruth United 
Hayle 0-4 Carharrack (Jake Shaw, Connor Powell, Bradley Leivers, James Daniel)
Att - 45
Helston Athletic Reserves P-P Pendeen Rovers 
Holman SC P-P Goonhavern Athletic 
Illogan RBL Reserves P-P West Cornwall 
Perranporth (Justin Miles, Josh Burton) 2-1 Perranwell (Lachlan Brace)
Att - 115
Porthleven Reserves P-P Mullion
St Day P-P St Ives Town 
St Just (Luke Waller 2, OG) 3-2 St Agnes (Jakob Springall 2) 
Att - 35

55 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Can teams in the combo and trelawny leagues call games off today then hairy dave? Without any league permission etc? Be handy to know as my nephew runs a team and wants to know the official ruling on it all as it seems to differ week to week?!

As the league have changed the status on full-time I would assume they are happy. This is a slightly different case as it is tractor damage, which means whatever the weather for the rest of today play wouldn’t be possible.

Leagues can give permission and I would advise your nephew to contact league secretary for clarification (SWPL have invoked their severe weather postponement service already).

10 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Why do other leagues not have this? Combo and trelawny? Would seem silly that teams in higher leagues and better staff (inc groundsman/men) have the choice to call games off early yet lower ones don't? Or seem to have to ruffle a few feathers before anything is made public?

Trelawny does have this rule.

32 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Has it been 'activated' for this weekend? Where and how do we find this information out?

Don't know @Sijames I'm very much on the fringes now but it's Rule 10f(vii)(b) as below.  The League Sec or Fixtures Sec would be the people to ask.

b. Games shall not be postponed prior to the morning of the match however, during periods of protracted bad weather or in the event of a significant weather event the League Secretary may direct that games can be postponed on the day preceding the fixture(s) by clubs providing that:

i. A responsible club official has checked the pitch conditions or.

ii. There is no realistic chance of play.

4 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

Perranporth 2-1 Perranwell. Little birdy told me this game had 3 red cards in it. 1 for home 2 for away. Anyone care to explain. Good to see an american superstar scoring for  Perranporth.

A good game of football played by two good teams and not a bad tackle in 90 minutes of play.

I think you need to get the ref on here to explain this one , he was having fun out there on his own.

Perranporth down to ten men after 40 minutes. Not quite sure what for

Goals for Perranporth after 64m and 74m, two identical headers at the far post.

90+1 penalty for Perranwell converted 2-1.

90+2 one player for Perranwell sent off for I think a second booking

90+2 another Perranwell sent off for dissent I think.

Perranporth red was  I believe for calling ref a c**t.

Perranwell first was for a needless foul, but was correct, then for dissent about the decision which was a straight red I think? Only one yellow shown.

perranwell player then called the Perranwell player just sent off a c*** and the ref said ‘I heard that’ and sent him off too!

correct result in the end though, but didnt create a great game for 100-150 people watching, but did provide numerous non footballing talking points!

2 hours ago, THE WELL 66 said:

A good game of football played by two good teams and not a bad tackle in 90 minutes of play.

I think you need to get the ref on here to explain this one , he was having fun out there on his own.

Ref was being assessed, determined to be the star of the show, ruined what could have been a good match. If bad language was the cause of sendings off then we should have ended up with 3 v 4, consistency is disgraceful!

54 minutes ago, Deano said:

I never said that the cards shown were wrong, did I? 

Mentioning the money makes me think you at least implied that he was card happy though!? 

12 minutes ago, Andys said:

Ref was being assessed, determined to be the star of the show, ruined what could have been a good match. If bad language was the cause of sendings off then we should have ended up with 3 v 4, consistency is disgraceful!

So you condone the use of the c**t word then? 

Hayle 0-4 carharrack ,0-2 halftime , approx 50 watching , played on the 3 g pitch , first time for the combo team this season , Carharrack deserved winners more clinical in front of goal , Hayle made some chances but didn't breach the defense , some good football on show and we'll reffed  by George in the middle , played advantage and if none pulled it back for the free kick , played in a good spirit overall , apart from the usual suspects Moaning about descions , just wish players would play to the whistle and get on with their game . A bit of disagreement over in the dug outs late on about a flag for offside , from the away team but advantage was given to them and the ball was played out of danger  so no harm done . Some good passing on show from both teams but Hayle lacked the cutting edge up front .

1 hour ago, WendronOfficial said:

Maybe the Temporary Dismissal/Sin Bin rule should be applied to the Combination League next season? There may be a few less ‘c-words’ about then? 

I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment on the issues, but surely players know the laws and the consequences if they do not follow them? 

Would still be a red, whether TD is in or not.

10 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Mentioning the money makes me think you at least implied that he was card happy though!? 

So you condone the use of the c**t word then? 

Not at all, the point I was making was there were other players, from both teams, saying things like "you're a f........g joke ref" who went without any cards. This was all about a referee being assessed and because of it he ruined a good game, 3 reds and 7-8 yellows in game that had no bad tackles or any bad feeling between the teams speaks for itself. If we are going to correctly punish foul and abusive language, there shouldn't be any question of degree about the words being used, if the '"C" word is rightly unacceptable, then the "F" should be too, there were plenty of women and children present at yesterday's game and I think it's wrong that they are exposed  to that kind of language at a football match. The point is, there is no consistency from referees on this and because of it we end up with the farce we had yesterday.

1 hour ago, Andys said:

Not at all, the point I was making was there were other players, from both teams, saying things like "you're a f........g joke ref" who went without any cards. This was all about a referee being assessed and because of it he ruined a good game, 3 reds and 7-8 yellows in game that had no bad tackles or any bad feeling between the teams speaks for itself. If we are going to correctly punish foul and abusive language, there shouldn't be any question of degree about the words being used, if the '"C" word is rightly unacceptable, then the "F" should be too, there were plenty of women and children present at yesterday's game and I think it's wrong that they are exposed  to that kind of language at a football match. The point is, there is no consistency from referees on this and because of it we end up with the farce we had yesterday.

Fair enough. 

You will never get full consistency on language as:

1. It is each individual referee’s tolerance and opinion.

2. From experience you as a referee need to hear the language and identify the culprit. Sometimes you hear language but can’t identify the culprit so can’t send off, and other times you are so focussed on the game that you don’t hear it at all. 

Either way I feel that assessed or not assessed the result,on the foul language at least, would have still been the same.

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

Good report stevie. Sticking to what it's all about, the game itself. Makes a nice read - unlike much on here. Best wishes to Hayle and you too stevie for the New Year.

St Just 3 - St Agnes 2.

Sounds like a good game at St Just - well done Tinners, keep it going lads !

Thanks Keith and a happy and healthy New Year to yourself and all fellow posters ?