Cornwall Football Forum

Anti-Truro City Sentiment. WHY?

As a nuetral when it comes to Truro City (being a Redruth boy!) can somebody explain to me why so many people are anti-Truro. My personal feeling toward it is i dont support Truro any more than any other Cornish team but am happy to see them doing well outside of the county (winning last years Vase e.t.c.).

However, on almost every post concerning Truro, several people knock them for one reason or another. Please, add your opinions and comments to help explain this anti-Truro sentiment.

:c: CORNWALL FOREVER :c:

I think a lot of people don't like the way Truro said they were flying the flag for Cornwall, which upto a point is true, although people still dont understand that predominately Truro are aiming to boost their profile rather than cornwalls.

I think it's good that Truro are doing well, people look excited to the possibility of playing truro in a cup game, good luck, although people dont want you to do well you will prove them wrong once again!!

Guest TruroLad

why should they fly the flag for cornwall, plymouth, exeter and torquay dont fly the flag for devon they fly their own flags, why should truro be any different.

and kit was right people are just plain jealous, no matter how much they say they arent or give the 'we dont want the money' rubbish, stop being jealous almost every county in england has a team and stadium they can be proud of so why not cornwall?

i have been watching truro since i was 10 (9 years ago) so i aint jumping on any bandwagon.

Guest plainmoor

I don't believe that people are anti truro fc, just the way they go about things, the way they do things are cheap and tacky sometimes underhanded and without any thought for other people, supporters or clubs.

Any club with ambition and drive (and backing) who wants to go all the way should at least try, but don't tred on too many people on the way up, because you'll always meet them when you come back down.

People on here have a go at their new fan base and you can see why, 2 years ago they couldn't get 50 through the gate, now you have all the band wagon jumpers and glory hunters tagging along and that includes radio cornwall (didn't really bother about them then, only now when the stakes are getting higher.

If they can keeep that fan base going, good luck to them.

There are ways and means of doing things, if your in the public eye you have to have tact and diplomacy, this is sadly lacking from within treyew rd, a point in instance 'truro are good for cornish football' are they really? or are they good for truro city? and maybe a bit of tourism? I certainly don't see loads of pros wanting to come down to the west country knocking on clubs doors asking if they can play for them for next to nothing.

If you read all the posts carefully you wil see that they do not knock the club directly, just the way it is managed from inside and from the point of view of some in an authortive position.

Cheap and tacky is the way I describe their assault on the people of cornwall, they make you out to be the ones lacking in a bit of the old grey matter and play on that and try and mug you off.

Guest plainmoor

Cornwall can't have a stadium to be proud of because the council won't allow it.

Jealousy does not come into it, as I have said before it's the way the personel go about things and say things that gets up peoples noses.

If you have a dream, try and fulfil it but don't try to take the pi55 out of people by saying 'were doing it for cornwall' tell the truth, stand up and be honest with everyone.

Guest plainmoor

Truro Lad,

If they aspire to where they want to be (Ihope they do) then they are always going to go for the players that play at least 2 leagues higher, so more often than not you will still get 5-0 6-0 7-0 8-0's in 2-3 years time. And you right it doesn't make good football.

Guest crosser

first off its got nothing to do with jealousy, any TRUE football supporter/fan will understand what Truro are doing is bad for the game and bad for cornwall.

Every club should have ambition there's nothing wrong with that but its the way you go about acheiving it that will win you more good will, simply going around throwing money buying everything about is not good for football. the amount of money that some of the players are on and what they pay the manager for a part time job is obscene, and I don't believe anybody truro fan or not can say yeah the managers worth that.

One last thing i've said it before and I will say it again any club that has tried to rapidly rise through the league's funded by one person always ends up coming back to earth that might not happen next year or for the next five years, i just hope truro city still have some dedicated supporters left to pick up the pieces.

sadly, how many of these fans will pay more than £5 to watch their beloved Truro city once they have gone up a couple of leagues and you're looking at double these prices?

I think you will find the fans will still there.If we get into the Southern League next season,which is hoped,you are going to get some class football teams visiting Truro,which the genuine football fan will want to see weather they are Truro supporters or not.Cornwall has been waiting for years to see the teams from the higher leagues

to visit Cornwall on a regular basis,and im glad to say the time is coming.

People form Cornwall travel up to Home Park in there hundreds to watch football matches,not just because they are 100% Plymouth fans,but because they want to see a better class of football.So it goes to prove,people dont mind paying a bit more at the gate if they are going to watch 2 quality teams.

KIT.

Guest crosser

ok KIT who should we be looking forward to watching a truro next year? you can't really compare the teams argyle play against to the teams truro could be facing next season can you?????

I know a few of the long standing Truro supporters(The Red and Black brigade)

and regularly have phone chats about football in Cornwall but it is the new breed, on the bandwagon supporter that annoys me. All hyped up and ignorant of the organisation and the whole set up of the game.

A good example I read on the TC forum- an obviously new to football supporter enquired about a former player, Garner.

The answer came back he left for Bodmin but is now playing for Launceston, this supporter replied' I didnt know Launceston had a football club'

Oblivious to all football outside of Treyew Road.

This is seen as a newly formed club and so distanced from the old Cornish Truro City FC.we know.

Guest Terrier Tom

the amount of money that some of the players are on and what they pay the manager for a part time job is obscene, and I don't believe anybody truro fan or not can say yeah the managers worth that.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

a) what's it got to do with you

B) would love to know how you know what the players get paid

c) would love to hear you justify what jenas gets paid

d) even more, would love to hear you justify what ramos gets paid

I love the delicious irony of people throwing accusations at Truro.

To answer the original question : yes, jealousy.

ok KIT who should we be looking forward to watching a truro next year? you can't really compare the teams argyle play against to the teams truro could be facing next season can you?????

There is no way that I would try to compare the Southern League teams with the teams that visit Plymouth,but you must agree that there are some really good teams in the league,and most have never visited Cornwall before,so there will be something new for everyone.Lets be honest we have been watching the same teams in Cornwall playing each other for as long as I can remember.So for some it could be a refreshing change.

KIT.

Guest crosser

the amount of money that some of the players are on and what they pay the manager for a part time job is obscene, and I don't believe anybody truro fan or not can say yeah the managers worth that.

I have my sources but won't say them on here, here we go again comparing part time football with pro football, what tottenhams average home gate? around the 35,000 mark whats an average ticket price? their cheapest is £27 most expensive £71 average say £48 how much tv money do the earn min £50million, and spurs must be doing something right as they were 15th in the Football Rich list 2007 worth about 105million euros ok its that funny european money but its still quite a lot

so don't even compare their income compared with Truro's 400-500 people at what average of £3-4 playing for a prize fund of ???????? not very much compared to their outgoings.

Now don't get Crosser and Coopsie confused -- Coopsie's the one with the endless posts, and Crosser's the one with the great avatar. :D

I'm a Liverpool supporter, too, so I suppose that one of the reasons I hate Chelsea is because I'm "jealous" of the money they've got to spend, but it doesn't mean I want LFC to be Chelski, exactly. I don't think "jealousy" is necessarily a bad thing for clubs, and a healthy dose of it probably does explain why some are anti-Truro.

It's also true that Truro have picked up some new fans, and some of them (ahem, :unsure: ) may have come off more catholic than the pope and said things a bit incindiary, which would be hard to take. (Let me just remind the forum that when I contacted Truro City FC, I had no idea their fortunes were about to take a positive turn -- just lucky, I suppose!).

Plus, everybody needs somebody successful to feel competitive with -- it's fun to hate ManUre, Brazil, the Yankees, etc.

UP THE CITY!

Guest crosser

im a spurs fan and not a truro fan but i agree completly with tom

coopsie you jump in fast to critisise truro and look at are club?

did'nt realise coopsie had posted on this thread, what can't you take the facts in

There is no way that I would try to compare the Southern League teams with the teams that visit Plymouth,but you must agree that there are some really good teams in the league,and most have never visited Cornwall before,so there will be something new for everyone.Lets be honest we have been watching the same teams in Cornwall playing each other for as long as I can remember.So for some it could be a refreshing change.

KIT.

come on then name names of these good teams your going to be playing or don't you know???

Ok first off i'm sorry if this makes no sence or if the spelling is poo (been out tonight :drink: ). But i think the main reason it seems so many people on this site have goes at Truro is because the Truro fans who use this forum bite real quick (even some none Truro fans) and in my opinion it gives others a laugh (prob worded wrong). If anybody says anything at all to do with Truro, people bite and feed the people who have a go, or seem to be. I don't think jealousy has anything at all to do with it, What do people have to be jealous of? :drink:

did'nt realise coopsie had posted on this thread, what can't you take the facts in

KIT.

come on then name names of these good teams your going to be playing or don't you know???

For your information,yes I do know the teams that we hope to play next season,but there is no way that I am going to play cat and mouse with your stupid answers as its quite obvious you are not up to having a sensible debate.

KIT.

Guest Terrier Tom

I have my sources but won't say them on here, here we go again comparing part time football with pro football, what tottenhams average home gate? around the 35,000 mark whats an average ticket price? their cheapest is £27 most expensive £71 average say £48 how much tv money do the earn min £50million, and spurs must be doing something right as they were 15th in the Football Rich list 2007 worth about 105million euros ok its that funny european money but its still quite a lot

so don't even compare their income compared with Truro's 400-500 people at what average of £3-4 playing for a prize fund of ???????? not very much compared to their outgoings.

:blink:

As per usual, plucking figures from the sky. I take it you know the weekly wage cap then??

What is most amusing about your post (apart from you obviously knowing the weekly budget inside out) is that you laugh off comparisons of full-time/part-time teams (correct me if im wrong but TCFC will be full time next year!?) yet make a comparison between average crowd and outgoings!?!?

Have you seen Cornish football in the past ten years?! Teams paying mega money on crowds of sub 100!?

Moreover, the money being paid by Truro is certainly not gonna be at all alien once they reach the Southern Prem - ask Bath City fans last year.

The whole player payment argument is truly a joke, and this can in a flash be put down to jealousy. What has it got to do with anyone? If the club is happy to pay it and the player thinks its acceptable then :drink:

P.S - I am sure you will find in relative terms that on a playing/attendance basis, TCFC, like Spurs et al, operate on a similar loss. As for applying that equation to some other 'local' clubs, well... :wacko:

But still, it's Truro. Must learn to be critical...

As a 'Truro Boy' born and bred I have followed City since my Dad took me to my first match somewhere around 1962.

Also, as a devout Cornishman, I have been proud to lend my support [on occasions] to other Cornish Clubs over the years when they have being doing well - Falmouth, St.Blazey, Liskeard etc..

BUT

Right now - as a 'true' City supporter - I am enjoying the ride - and long may it continue.

Some of us [City supporters] who visit this forum do so because we support a Cornish Club and have a genuine regard and interest in Cornish Football - but with all the criticism most of us have been very careful not to say or suggest anything that might alienate people from other clubs.

Well - I am going to continue enjoying the ride and will support City on their way UP, and , if it happens, I will support them on their way down again.

Despite all that has been said against Mr.Heaney on this Forum I have met him and spoken on several occasions and I have no doubt at all that he is a passionate football supporter who is well and truly committed to taking City as far as possible.

If I had the money... I would be doing it for City as well..!!

What most of don't like is Truro have bought success not earned it the hard and proper way.

Most people who visit this forum support the likes of Man U,Liverpool,Chelsea,as well as a local Cornish club,do you think these teams have earned success the hard and proper way as you call it?Of course not.Truro are no different to these teams,they just do it on a far smaller scale.A football club can be as ambitious as you like,and may have a good team,but will get nowhere without someone to finance the ambition,that is a fact of life.And even then there is no certainty they will be successful.When you have this pot of gold that most clubs would give there right arm for,you still have to use it in the correct way.Have a good management stucture,sign the right players who want to see the club succeed,and most importantly,get them to play as a team.

Truro have done all these things in the last couple of years and are on the verge of climbing the ladder so why not give them a little credit that they have earned,and are putting Cornwall on the football map.Lets be fair there are great clubs in the County who work their guts out week in week out to field a team for the next match and will be doing this for years to come unless someone comes along and is prepared to finance them.I dont think there is a team in the County that would turn their back on that,do you?So lets hope for a few more people like Kevin Heaney are prepared to put their hand in their pocket and help some of these clubs out.

KIT.

Guest Bushranger

Crosser,how do truro progress without throwing money at the team????Maybe they should set up an academy and nurture young talent?bull! these youngsters when good enough would want paying when it came to the crunch so wots the difference?If you want to go up the leagues its what u have to do ,if they are treading on peoples toes whatever that means,tough tits! They are ambitious which is a breathe of fresh air,they are not my club and i dont mind admitting im jealous,but i wish them every success ,those that dont are liars or weak if they cant hold their hand up and admit they wish it was their club,that is the defenition of jealousy !The people of cornwall deserve a decent standard of football just like other counties all over the country so get over it!

tms_no9 & xembla, What the hell has this got to do with me or Spurs for that matter?. I hadn't made a single post, yet you decide to get me involved and even go as far as to criticise the amount of posts I make. I slag off Truro because they have no idea of how to conduct themselves with dignity, they chuck money at everything and believe they are above everybody else in stature. Sometimes a little humility can be extremely endearing.

To compare them with Spurs is absolutely absurd. If you look at Spurs's fanbase, you'll notice that the"YID ARMY" and the club its-self are extremely proud of their jewish heritage and in Tottenham/Seven Sisters there are several annual events to ensure that the youth are informed of how the club was formed and the passion the jewish community has for it.

Any money raised at these events is pumped straight back into the community and there is a 15 year plan in action to totally regenerate and revitalise the whole area with new housing,transport links and even 2 new schools for the underprivelidged jewish children. These plans will continue to run, even if Spurs relocate to a new stadium.

So tell me where there's similarities between Truro City and Tottenham Hotspur?. Spurs is a SELF SUFFICIENT business running at a huge profit every year and have NO NEED for 1 man to pump in his hard earned money in the hope that a dream may be realied. Spurs's money comes from the supporters and extremely clever marketing of the name and badge.

Truro are pretty much like Floyd Mayweather, they have money, they make sure people know they have money, they think they are superior to everybody else because they have money and they rub it in the face of every PROPER/NORMAL fan/supporter and this is an extremely belittling trait to posess. What the plastic fans of this belittling establishment fail to remember is that Truro City DO NOT HAVE MONEY, Mr Heaney has money. What are Truro putting back into the community or Cornwall in general?

I don't do jealousy I'm afraid, I accept that Truro City are a vastly better TEAM than the team I represent and pretty much every other team down here. I accept that my team will NEVER be able to compete at the same level as Truro City but do you know what, I'll be willing to bet you that my tiny, insignificant little club is vastly more respected and for all the success that Truro City buy, they will NEVER have a CLUB as good as the one that I play for and the same can probably be said of clubs such as Praze/Storm, Robartes, Redruth, Chacewater, TMS and and any other little club in the county.

You see, we (the little clubs I mentioned above) "keep it real", we know who we are and where we come from, we don't think we are superior to others and most importantly, we stick together. You can keep your money and your superiority complex and you can only dream of being involved in a club that truly represents what football is supposed to be about. Passion, togetherness and the only incentive we need each week is the hope of 3 points and a bloody nice pint afterwards whilst mingling and socialising with that days opponents.

So Xembla and tms no_9, next time there is a post about Truro or any other topic for that matter, don't drag my name into it unless I've placed an opinion on that subject. It is disrespectful, I haven't criricised you (Xembla) and there's absolutely NO NEED for my name to have cropped up in this at all. I believe the title is "Anti-Truro City Sentiment. WHY?", not "Coopsie posts too many threads and supports Spurs. WHY".

Answer the question within the topic and then debate peoples response to that answer. It is not a hard concept to grasp and I'm sure that if you REALLY try, you'll get it eventually.

CROSSER "did'nt realise coopsie had posted on this thread, what can't you take the facts in".....

THANKYOU fella ;)

Everyone here has made some valid points and I think most of them answer the question originally posed by A One And A Six.

For me the word is "ENVY" rather than "JEALOUSY" as I don't know any club that wouldn't be grateful for a guy with a pocket full of money and a passion for football to walk in the door and offer to try and give the club something it couldn't have on its own finances. However like to song says "it ain't what you do it's the way that you do it". We are very insular County who take pride in everything Cornish and we don't like people who shoot their mouths off and rub our noses in the fact that they've got something we haven't and I think this is what gets peoples backs up with TCFC. Yes we know you're playing at a better standard than most of us but if our clubs had the opportunities Truro have got we'd all be trying to do the same. That's why a lot of clubs in the Combo are quietly smiling at Helstons progress this season because they're giving Truro a run for the title without a massive squad and loads of money to call on.

Add to that the fact that most of us are old-fashioned people who like to see local boys playing for their local team the fact that players are being brought in from out of the County to play at Truro probably gives people the hump - I'm not a rugby fan but I should think many Cornish rugby supporters feel the same way about the "Cornish" Pirates. However, that's progress for you and I wish Truro all the best :thumbsup:

Coopsie - tms no9 apologised for mentioning you a couple of posts later on. He got his Coopsie and his Crosser mixed up!

Coopsie - tms no9 apologised for mentioning you a couple of posts later on. He got his Coopsie and his Crosser mixed up!

"im a spurs fan and not a truro fan but i agree completly with tom

coopsie you jump in fast to critisise truro and look at are club?"

I saw the apology and appreciate it BUT he DIDN'T get his names mixed up. He was responding to the post by Tom who asked him to justify the salaries of Jenas and Juande Ramos. He acknowledged that Tom had a point and then went on to invite me to justify how I can criticise Truro City when I take into account the current state of Tottenham Hotspur.

Guest Bushranger

if and i mean if(hope) mr heaney is true to his word then truro will progress through the leagues and therefore increased attendances and obviously prices,but that is the only way they will get or close to getting a club more self sufficient,i firmly believe they will get the part time argyle fans along to their games once standards improve sufficiently,so we will see ! Truro are not a tiny junior club that is happy to plod along in their respective league like the club i played for and love from the heart they are very ambitious!Time will tell whether money is put back into the community by tcfc ,attracting bigger crowds could do that alone.

Off to work now .not like some!

Guest crosser

Bushranger, reread my first post I said there is nothing wrong with ambition and all credit for showing some its the manner in the way its done. I have no problem with clubs paying players its the amount of money Truro are paying which is the problem do you really thik dave leonard needed a £30,000 wage to become truro citys manager for a part time job???????

Not being funny but if truro win promotion this season then in theory they will be one step ahead of whoever wins the SWPL if they take promotion, if truro don't get promotion this season but the winners from the SWPL take promotion they will be both playing at the same level. All that money spent for what??

Guest Man on the Post

Extract from the Wiltshire Times following Truro's Vase win at Melksham:-

After Truro had left for their long journey home, both Melksham chairman Mick Perrin and manager Highmore praised their guests for their performance and their attitude.

Highmore said: “Truro aren't big time and they go about their business very well. There's nothing arrogant about them whatsoever”.

Perrin said: "They are a nice side and their chairman is a lovely bloke and a first-class man to speak to. "They thanked us for our hospitality and we wish them all the luck."

:clapper::thumbsup::clapper: :thumbsup:

Guest Terrier Tom

Bushranger, reread my first post I said there is nothing wrong with ambition and all credit for showing some its the manner in the way its done. I have no problem with clubs paying players its the amount of money Truro are paying which is the problem do you really thik dave leonard needed a £30,000 wage to become truro citys manager for a part time job???????

Not being funny but if truro win promotion this season then in theory they will be one step ahead of whoever wins the SWPL if they take promotion, if truro don't get promotion this season but the winners from the SWPL take promotion they will be both playing at the same level. All that money spent for what??

:o:o:o:o:o

I see you have not addressed any of my points crosser.

Moreover, I take it you have seen Mr Leonard's payslip. Top say you are 50% out would be an under-estimation.

Like I said before, I find it sad that people have to make things up.

All that money spent for nothing!? They have taken a punt on getting promotion and fair play. What someone does with there money has nothing to do with you.

Criticise their PR by all means, but the money side of things means nothing to you, me or Jesus.

I'll be willing to bet you that my tiny, insignificant little club is vastly more respected and for all the success that Truro City buy,

coopsie: what, on a national level?? Or local respect?

they will NEVER have a CLUB as good as the one that I play for and the same can probably be said of clubs such as Praze/Storm, Robartes, Redruth, Chacewater, TMS and and any other little club in the county.

You are suggesting that for YOU as a PLAYER your club is amazing. Fair enough. Are you suggesting that Truro players don't feel the same way about their club just because they (may or may not) be better players than you and paid for their skills. This harks back to the ridiculous thing that if you get paid well, you don't care. STUPID. I bet if the players had half the skills they did they would be playing junior football and be happy to pay for the privlege. I am sure the players are very proud of THEIR club, and the fact that they are national champions.

May I also add,

Everyone here has made some valid points and I think most of them answer the question originally posed by A One And A Six.

For me the word is "ENVY" rather than "JEALOUSY" as I don't know any club that wouldn't be grateful for a guy with a pocket full of money and a passion for football to walk in the door and offer to try and give the club something it couldn't have on its own finances. However like to song says "it ain't what you do it's the way that you do it". We are very insular County who take pride in everything Cornish and we don't like people who shoot their mouths off and rub our noses in the fact that they've got something we haven't and I think this is what gets peoples backs up with TCFC. Yes we know you're playing at a better standard than most of us but if our clubs had the opportunities Truro have got we'd all be trying to do the same. That's why a lot of clubs in the Combo are quietly smiling at Helstons progress this season because they're giving Truro a run for the title without a massive squad and loads of money to call on.

Add to that the fact that most of us are old-fashioned people who like to see local boys playing for their local team the fact that players are being brought in from out of the County to play at Truro probably gives people the hump - I'm not a rugby fan but I should think many Cornish rugby supporters feel the same way about the "Cornish" Pirates. However, that's progress for you and I wish Truro all the best thumbsup.gif

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well said that man. Shame the other 'knockers' haven't got as much common sense as you.

Extract from the Wiltshire Times following Truro's Vase win at Melksham:-

After Truro had left for their long journey home, both Melksham chairman Mick Perrin and manager Highmore praised their guests for their performance and their attitude.

Highmore said: “Truro aren't big time and they go about their business very well. There's nothing arrogant about them whatsoever”.

Perrin said: "They are a nice side and their chairman is a lovely bloke and a first-class man to speak to. "They thanked us for our hospitality and we wish them all the luck."

:clapper::thumbsup::clapper::thumbsup:

I saw that too Man On The Post.

And having spoken to some Newcastle Benfield supporters they said exactly the same things - well run club, very friendly people in charge with players who are far from arrogant.

However, it's far far easier to be ignorant and criticise as some people here prove.

It has NOTHING to do with me as a PLAYER. If the club didn't conduct themselves in the right way or had the same "superior attitude" as Truro City appear to have, I would not wish to associate myself with such an establishment. You see, I have morals and believe that EVERYBODY is equal, no matter who they are or where they stand on the social ladder. Respect has to be earned and the only way to earn that is to treat others with the respect that you wish to receive. MY OPINION is that Truro do not have this respect and do not conduct themselves with any real dignity within local circles.

EVERYONE involved with my club is there only because they WANT TO BE THERE, not because they will pay us to be there. You only have to look at people that use this forum, such as "The Cat". He was playing for Truro 3rd team and occasionally the 2nd team because he wanted to play FOR THE CLUB. Then in comes Mr moneybags with his "dillusions of grandure" and poor old mr average gets kicked into touch without even being given a chance to prove himself.

Now he is at a club that respects him and actually values him as a player. I'll bet you a pound to a penny that he's several times happier than he was at Truro City. You see, EVERYBODY at Truro is dispensable because it's just a matter of chucking pound notes at any problem. If you were to remove just one person from within my club (and probably several other SELF SUSTAINED club), the whole feeling of the club would disappear and need rebuilding again. All the success in the world is pretty hollow if it's achieved without togetherness and respect.

Guest crosser

Tom,

I think you need to reread the topic title Anti-Truro City Sentiment. WHY? that is why the money issue has been raised. and no I have'nt made anything up only whats been told to me on good authority

No I did'nt bother responding to any off your other points because its obvious that you can't grasp facts. You asked for my thoughts on the spurs player and manager which I pointed out you can't even compare the two due to the different financial markets they are in. But apparently the figures I quoted were pie in the sky so do you want to correct me??? and on the point about spurs making a loss if you read coopsie's post he actually points out that spurs have been making a profit in recent years.

Yes i have been watching cornish football for the past 20+ years, and yes did'nt really see the point in clubs paying silly money then for players just like I don't see the point now.

Guest Terrier Tom

Tom,

I think you need to reread the topic title Anti-Truro City Sentiment. WHY? that is why the money issue has been raised. and no I have'nt made anything up only whats been told to me on good authority

No I did'nt bother responding to any off your other points because its obvious that you can't grasp facts. You asked for my thoughts on the spurs player and manager which I pointed out you can't even compare the two due to the different financial markets they are in. But apparently the figures I quoted were pie in the sky so do you want to correct me??? and on the point about spurs making a loss if you read coopsie's post he actually points out that spurs have been making a profit in recent years.

Yes i have been watching cornish football for the past 20+ years, and yes did'nt really see the point in clubs paying silly money then for players just like I don't see the point now.

Fair enough crosser :thumbsup: we can agree to disagree.

One thing I know for sure though is your figures are WAY out - that's pluck a number from the sky territory. I am sure if you ask Mr Leonard about his supposed 30k a year he will laugh you all the way home. Put it this way, I have heard what he was offered for the full-time post (had he wanted to take it) and it was miles lower than what you have put already. My annoyance comes from (like with the Tabloid press) people make things up, and it sticks when really it is pure speculation. Those in the know will be fully aware of Truro's numbers and they are nothing like some of the numbers banded around here! Moreover, they are nothing spectacular when compared to some other non-league budgets.

Mr.Chairman - quote - Truro have no place on this forum.

Oh I see - I have supported my Club and Cornish football in general for over 40 years but it would appear I am not welcome here any more.

If the Tamar is no longer the Border when it comes to The Cornish Football Forum then perhaps we could have some guidelines as to who or who not we can talk about..!!

tms_no9 & xembla, What the hell has this got to do with me or Spurs for that matter?. I hadn't made a single post, yet you decide to get me involved and even go as far as to criticise the amount of posts I make. I slag off Truro because they have no idea of how to conduct themselves with dignity, they chuck money at everything and believe they are above everybody else in stature. Sometimes a little humility can be extremely endearing.

To compare them with Spurs is absolutely absurd. If you look at Spurs's fanbase, you'll notice that the"YID ARMY" and the club its-self are extremely proud of their jewish heritage and in Tottenham/Seven Sisters there are several annual events to ensure that the youth are informed of how the club was formed and the passion the jewish community has for it.

Any money raised at these events is pumped straight back into the community and there is a 15 year plan in action to totally regenerate and revitalise the whole area with new housing,transport links and even 2 new schools for the underprivelidged jewish children. These plans will continue to run, even if Spurs relocate to a new stadium.

So tell me where there's similarities between Truro City and Tottenham Hotspur?. Spurs is a SELF SUFFICIENT business running at a huge profit every year and have NO NEED for 1 man to pump in his hard earned money in the hope that a dream may be realied. Spurs's money comes from the supporters and extremely clever marketing of the name and badge.

Truro are pretty much like Floyd Mayweather, they have money, they make sure people know they have money, they think they are superior to everybody else because they have money and they rub it in the face of every PROPER/NORMAL fan/supporter and this is an extremely belittling trait to posess. What the plastic fans of this belittling establishment fail to remember is that Truro City DO NOT HAVE MONEY, Mr Heaney has money. What are Truro putting back into the community or Cornwall in general?

I don't do jealousy I'm afraid, I accept that Truro City are a vastly better TEAM than the team I represent and pretty much every other team down here. I accept that my team will NEVER be able to compete at the same level as Truro City but do you know what, I'll be willing to bet you that my tiny, insignificant little club is vastly more respected and for all the success that Truro City buy, they will NEVER have a CLUB as good as the one that I play for and the same can probably be said of clubs such as Praze/Storm, Robartes, Redruth, Chacewater, TMS and and any other little club in the county.

You see, we (the little clubs I mentioned above) "keep it real", we know who we are and where we come from, we don't think we are superior to others and most importantly, we stick together. You can keep your money and your superiority complex and you can only dream of being involved in a club that truly represents what football is supposed to be about. Passion, togetherness and the only incentive we need each week is the hope of 3 points and a bloody nice pint afterwards whilst mingling and socialising with that days opponents.

So Xembla and tms no_9, next time there is a post about Truro or any other topic for that matter, don't drag my name into it unless I've placed an opinion on that subject. It is disrespectful, I haven't criricised you (Xembla) and there's absolutely NO NEED for my name to have cropped up in this at all. I believe the title is "Anti-Truro City Sentiment. WHY?", not "Coopsie posts too many threads and supports Spurs. WHY".

Answer the question within the topic and then debate peoples response to that answer. It is not a hard concept to grasp and I'm sure that if you REALLY try, you'll get it eventually.

CROSSER "did'nt realise coopsie had posted on this thread, what can't you take the facts in".....

THANKYOU fella ;)

i did apologise soon after this post as i got you confused with crosser again sorry coopsie

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Having let this one run, I am pleased that no one has yet come up with the obvious answer, that only a true fan of a particular club would give you to the question, Anti-Truro City Sentiment. WHY? - simple I AM A NEWQUAY FAN ! (please substitute your own team name if appropriate).

As a true club fan/supporter, you only wish your club to do well. All other clubs are inferior to your own. Your club has the best ground/manager/players/clubhouse fans etc. This sentiment is no diifferent to a Man Utd fans fondness of Leeds or Bristol City to Rovers, no other club matters. Obviously the fan of football is a different breed and he and more commonly she, likes all football and has no sense of the history or rivalry between clubs.

As for Truro wanting the Stadium for Cornwall, I understand that another club hope to have a purpose built Stadium and training facilites in the county before they do.

Guest truropaul

Judge,

That is the best post I've seen on this forum for ages!!

Chairman,

I agree that Truro need to look at there PR however, I also think that this discussion is perfectly relevant to the general forum as you potentialy could replace "Truro City" with the name of any other club in the county.

Personally I don't believe any amounts of money that are mentioned that do not come from official sources and although often fun, the speculation is pointless. I remember plenty of rumours in the 80's & 90's about the amount that various clubs were paying players that proved to be false.

There have been several comments about whether Truro City is good for Cornish football or not, the simple answer is YES, in the same way that every Cornish club travelling away in the FA Vase or FA Cup is good for Cornish football because EVERY club has the oportunity to raise the profile of the game in the county.

Guest stealth

ONE THING FOR SURE TRURO CITY AFC WILL ONE DAY BRING TOP CLASS FOOTBALL TO THIS COUNTY, AND HOW MUCH MR HEANEY WANTS TO SPEND DOING IT IS DOWN TO HIM, AND WHEN IT HAPPENS YOU CANT TELL ME ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SO AGAINST HOW TRURO CITY ARE GOING TO DO THIS WONT GO TO WATCH TRURO PLAY TEAMS FROM THE CONFERANCE UPWARDS. WHEN A TEAM ARE DOING WELL PEOPLE GO AND WATCH. SUPPORTERS OF OTHER CLUBS ONLY KNOCK TRURO CITY AFC BECAUSE OF THERE SUCCESS. :ninja:

Guest plainmoor

Some good posts on here fellas.

I think a couple of you have hit the nail on the head, what truro need is a PR person that not only has a strategic brain but can also put it's PR across with compassion and common sense towards it's none target audience, this can be seen in the recent post, 'a seasonal gift to fans' if this was just to fans then they should have had some forward thinking and planned this weeks ahead, the time time to have done it would have been at their last home game to their true fans and announce it over the tannoy, not come on a public forum and try to steal other club's income at this productive time of year.

Get a decent PR person in post.

Some good posts on here fellas.

I think a couple of you have hit the nail on the head, what truro need is a PR person that not only has a strategic brain but can also put it's PR across with compassion and common sense towards it's none target audience, this can be seen in the recent post, 'a seasonal gift to fans' if this was just to fans then they should have had some forward thinking and planned this weeks ahead, the time time to have done it would have been at their last home game to their true fans and announce it over the tannoy, not come on a public forum and try to steal other club's income at this productive time of year.

Get a decent PR person in post.

Plainmoor,what is so wrong with a Truro supporter coming on to this forum and letting people know there is a seasonal gift to fans this weekend.It is what is known as INFORMATION,In other words letting people who visit this forum what is happening at Truro City A.F.C this Saturday.As you know people visit Truro at this this time of the year in their thousands to do their seasonal shopping.I am quite sure that any of the guys who have the chore of driving the wife and family to Truro will be glad of this information,and will give them the choice of either sitting in the car and waiting for the family to return loaded up with an empty purse,or go and watch a quality football match.I know what I would sooner do.

Apart from that.I see plenty of other supporters come on the forum and promote certain games that are up and coming,and I see nothing wrong with that,once again I term this as information to the football fan.

So why make all this fuss,just because a Truro City supporter does it.