Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Deacon

Truro secure Boxing Day win

10 minutes ago, Mrgreen said:

Two games on the bounce, undefeated.

I'm not bothered about the so called title race, but it's nice to be on a run!!!!!

Yes we have gone two games undefeated, but not quite on a run just yet. I must say the next 2-3 games are a chance to get a few more points under our belt and go on another unbeaten run. Here is something I put on the Tiger Talk Forum - This is a great win for Truro. One that shouldn't be underestimated. After a run of not great results they got back on it with an impressive 3-0 away win. You can't read too much in to Poole's position in the table. The conditions certainly wouldn't have helped and I'm sure Poole would've set up in a way that would make it difficult for us to play.

Its great seeing the boys ,up there,and in the mix for promotion.

But can we really see TCFC in the National League.It just is not on,financially.

Where would the Club get the money,to survive.

Lost one co owner,and the other one is prepared to sell up.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Its great seeing the boys ,up there,and in the mix for promotion.

But can we really see TCFC in the National League.It just is not on,financially.

Where would the Club get the money,to survive.

Lost one co owner,and the other one is prepared to sell up.

I definitely can't see us competing in the National League. That's on two levels. I don't think we'd be able to compete financially, not competitively anyway. And I don't think we'd be able to compete on the pitch week in and week out. I do think we'd able to on occasions, just not each week. I do hope something can be sorted out with regards to who takes the club forward.

1 minute ago, CornishRhino said:

I definitely can't see us competing in the National League. That's on two levels. I don't think we'd be able to compete financially, not competitively anyway. And I don't think we'd be able to compete on the pitch week in and week out. I do think we'd able to on occasions, just not each week. I do hope something can be sorted out with regards to who takes the club forward.

I would also like to see some positive news about the future.

But I just cant see ,where it will come from.

S4C is nowhere near,being sorted.

Masters will sell as soon as he gets any decent offer,and there is a major problem.

Who in there right mind would invest in TCFC ,with all the uncertainty.

An entertaining game played in atrocious conditions saw Truro run out easy winners against a plucky Poole side. Goaless at half time City upped the pace in the second half with goals from Cody Cooke and two from Tyler Harvey saw the White Tigers ease past the Dolphins. Somerset Spur had a smile wider than the River Solent after a big win from the Yids and a clean sheet from the City. Me pesonally was left reminicing of days gone by and memories of those Boxing Day derbies against the auld enemy when men were men and the F Troop ruled, well at least untill they came up against Tabby. Who knows this local derby could be back on the cards sooner than many people think. As Mary Hopkin would say Those were the days my friend I thought they'd never end.  Cheers:smiley20:

22 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

An entertaining game played in atrocious conditions saw Truro run out easy winners against a plucky Poole side. Goaless at half time City upped the pace in the second half with goals from Cody Cooke and two from Tyler Harvey saw the White Tigers ease past the Dolphins. Somerset Spur had a smile wider than the River Solent after a big win from the Yids and a clean sheet from the City. Me pesonally was left reminicing of days gone by and memories of those Boxing Day derbies against the auld enemy when men were men and the F Troop ruled, well at least untill they came up against Tabby. Who knows this local derby could be back on the cards sooner than many people think. As Mary Hopkin would say Those were the days my friend I thought they'd never end.  Cheers:smiley20:

I don't think Falmouth have a team as low so has to play down Malpas.

17 hours ago, somersetspur said:

I would also like to see some positive news about the future.

But I just cant see ,where it will come from.

S4C is nowhere near,being sorted.

Masters will sell as soon as he gets any decent offer,and there is a major problem.

Who in there right mind would invest in TCFC ,with all the uncertainty.

The problem with the new stadium is at the moment it seems as though it is going one step forward, and then in return two steps backwards. I do agree when you say that nobody would want to invest in Truro City. There aren't any incentives when investing in the football club. You are going to lose money, no guarantee of success and well out of the way of any catchment area. We saw how hard it was to get somebody in when the club was previously in administration.

3 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

The problem with the new stadium is at the moment it seems as though it is going one step forward, and then in return two steps backwards. I do agree when you say that nobody would want to invest in Truro City. There aren't any incentives when investing in the football club. You are going to lose money, no guarantee of success and well out of the way of any catchment area. We saw how hard it was to get somebody in when the club was previously in administration.

Never hard to get someone in - TCFC had land, land, land - and now they have none and in big trouble.

The investors want a return on what they put in, they have kept their part of the deal ........now TCFC have to pay what they owe.

25 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

You say Truro wouldn't be able to compete in the national league but didn't we only lose 1.0 away to Sutton United who are 2nd in the national league? 

One off games aren't a problem. Truro proved that a couple of seasons ago against Macclesfield, last year against Forest Green Rovers and then obviously this year against Sutton United. My concern is they wouldn't be able to do it week in and week out. It would eventually take its toll. If they heavily invested in the squad then that would obviously help.