Bude Town  0-2  Holsworthy

Dobwalls P-P Liskeard Athletic   

Millbrook   P-P  Plymouth Marjon  

Mousehole   2-0   Penzance  

Plymstock United   P-P   Elburton Villa    

Porthleven  P-P   Wendron United

St.Blazey   2-2   St Dennis

Parkway 6-2 Tavistock

A hard fought game from both teams in tricky conditions. Tavistock played some lovely football, but Parkway picked them off on the counter. Mike Smith with 2 (the second similar to Deli Alli away to Palace) Hobbs with a hat trick (the second a fantastic solo goal) and Luke Durham with 1 for Parkway. A real message sent to the rest of the league 

Watched the Local derby between Godolphin and Newquay in atrocious conditions in my opinion the match should never of been played Godophin dominated the  game from start to finish i thought Newquay where very poor but they where without there best players in Danny O hagan and Jack Bray EVANS but had Hayden Turner home from college in there team  but the G where awesome today and could of scored more than th 3 they did score  through Ben Coghoun .Kyle BROWN and Jamie Shepherd .The conditions got worst and i thought the game would be called off but it continued .Its hard to pick a man of the match for the G they where all that good today but 1 player stood out for me striker Phil Lowry playing in defence was outstanding and for Newquay no6 Sean Middleton had a good game but the conditions where awful so well done to both the teams and for Tanya forgetting the pitch ready shes gother work cut out to get itready for saturdays match .Bit annoyed i took a lot of photos  but pressed the delete button and deleted the lot by mistake but the photos where nothing special anyway Well done the G GOOD 3 POINTS Good LUCK to Newquay for rest of the season and at Easter hope you got your full team out and the weather is better ,well done tothe crazy supporters who braved the elements

32 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Watched the Local derby between Godolphin and Newquay in atrocious conditions in my opinion the match should never of been played Godophin dominated the  game from start to finish i thought Newquay where very poor but they where without there best players in Danny O hagan and Jack Bray EVANS but had Hayden Turner home from college in there team  but the G where awesome today and could of scored more than th 3 they did score  through Ben Coghoun .Kyle BROWN and Jamie Shepherd .The conditions got worst and i thought the game would be called off but it continued .Its hard to pick a man of the match for the G they where all that good today but 1 player stood out for me striker Phil Lowry playing in defence was outstanding and for Newquay no6 Sean Middleton had a good game but the conditions where awful so well done to both the teams and for Tanya forgetting the pitch ready shes gother work cut out to get itready for saturdays match .Bit annoyed i took a lot of photos  but pressed the delete button and deleted the lot by mistake but the photos where nothing special anyway Well done the G GOOD 3 POINTS Good LUCK to Newquay for rest of the season and at Easter hope you got your full team out and the weather is better ,well done tothe crazy supporters who braved the elements

agree with most of the statement - apart from the stand out player, surely the young winger for the G was man of match, setup the 1st and caused problems all game! the pitch is well and truly done, wont see a game on that anytime soon after today! 

4 minutes ago, golong said:

agree with most of the statement - apart from the stand out player, surely the young winger for the G was man of match, setup the 1st and caused problems all game! the pitch is well and truly done, wont see a game on that anytime soon after today! 

Most definatley he was, Tiago was his name? He gave the Newquay defence an awful afternoon, turned them inside out time & time again & also ( for once!) I agree with 100% Cornish that Godolphin could & should of scored more goals. Newquay missing Big Danny O's leadership today, & it showed. One win in 11 games I believe a Newquay supporter was moaning after the game, but credit to them turning out in force, but only one winner today. 

Mousehole 2- Penzance 0, well the game was played in horrible conditions with the wind and rain howling down. In an even 1st half  Pz had the 1st real chance with a snap shot saved by SPB from a corner and with 5 mins Tobago to half time with the wind in the seagulls favour Jordan Adlard latched onto a clearance from 30yards out to rifle the shot into the top corner. The second half was also up and tuck with Lewis Caspell hitting the bar, with Pz looking for the leveller Mousehole were very dangerous on the counter and finally scored the second through someone they flew down  in Xmas day to play with a good finish. The game was played in good spirits by both teams but not so sure about the supporters of Mousehole who are a bit blinkered by what they are doing down there with flying players down and paying £££s out for them to play.. Before you start this it not sour grapes as Mousehole played well but the big question is what are they trying to achieve?????

58 minutes ago, big no 5 said:

Mousehole 2- Penzance 0, well the game was played in horrible conditions with the wind and rain howling down. In an even 1st half  Pz had the 1st real chance with a snap shot saved by SPB from a corner and with 5 mins Tobago to half time with the wind in the seagulls favour Jordan Adlard latched onto a clearance from 30yards out to rifle the shot into the top corner. The second half was also up and tuck with Lewis Caspell hitting the bar, with Pz looking for the leveller Mousehole were very dangerous on the counter and finally scored the second through someone they flew down  in Xmas day to play with a good finish. The game was played in good spirits by both teams but not so sure about the supporters of Mousehole who are a bit blinkered by what they are doing down there with flying players down and paying £££s out for them to play.. Before you start this it not sour grapes as Mousehole played well but the big question is what are they trying to achieve?????

sounds pretty sour mate.. 

There was only 1 team on that pitch paying players Steve !!!  I love it when people make comments on something they know nothing about. Paulo has been at Mousehole since the start of the season, unfortunately, injury has restricted his game time.

we are doing nothing different at Mousehole to anyone else in the league, trying to get the best players & try to win the league. We’re just doing it without giving brown envelopes away to players who are not worth it.

you concentrate on what Penzance are doing & don’t concern yourselves with your less illustrious neighbours. ?

4 minutes ago, golong said:

sounds pretty sour mate.. 

Really!!!

are you one of them jumping on the bandwagon with those blinkers on? 

I am just curious in what is the main objective are they looking for promotion to go through the leagues if so when are the lights going up as you probably know golong!!

29 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

There was only 1 team on that pitch paying players Steve !!!  I love it when people make comments on something they know nothing about. Paulo has been at Mousehole since the start of the season, unfortunately, injury has restricted his game time.

we are doing nothing different at Mousehole to anyone else in the league, trying to get the best players & try to win the league. We’re just doing it without giving brown envelopes away to players who are not worth it.

you concentrate on what Penzance are doing & don’t concern yourselves with your less illustrious neighbours. ?

Sounds like your doing good things down Mousehole Kevin, saw you humiliated Porthleven a couple days ago (5-0?) & looks like you carried on your fine form again today beating Pz (who I believe have a large contingent of ex-Mousehole players?) Looks as if you had the better swap! :yahoo:

People will always try & knock winning teams, whatever league they are in! Usually to hide their own downfalls

Really entertaining game in difficult conditions at Bolitho this morning. 2 - 2 at half time, but Parkway's ability to bring genuine quality off the bench plus Glyn's real quality finishing ensured a convincing win. Great party atmosphere in the clubhouse afterwards too!

Edited by El Nino

100% and Leeds I’m gutted I missed the local derby today! The first Boxing Day game I’ve ever missed! (Had to work) but we missed 6 other players today was hopping it would be called Off must of been horrible playing conditions!! But can’t wait for saturdays game to come having had to miss the last 2!! ??⚽️

37 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

Well done to St Blazey for getting the game on, well done to both teams for a competitive game in awful conditions and well done to George Pattison with a common sense manner of officiating when calling the game off could have been an easy call.

Agreed,thought he refereed the game brilliantly,no need for cards and let the game flow,I say flow as much as the conditions would allow.Hats off to St Blazey for getting the game on and hats off to both teams for playing in horrendous conditions.

8 hours ago, Sponge said:

Did someone on here say that Mousehole aren’t paying players? Was that in a Christmas cracker? :ph34r:

Correct somebody did say that!!

He happened to be the gaffa!!

Why is it so hard to believe?? 

The decision was made at the beginning of the season to invest in the infrastructure at the club and not on a playing budget!!

1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Well, yeah, granted. But it's peanuts compared to fifteen years ago. Decade of Tory depredation and the cold wind of Brexit have ruined Cornwall....

Had a bit of bad weather  ? We've had a lovely day in Dubai. Midwinter, about 75 degrees.:c:

Nope isaac, the pyramid system has ruined local football, and, yes - had a few drops of rain.

Hope you're well ....and keep your hat on with those temperatures

Money is always getting mentioned in this forum... bottom line is all clubs are paying, some more than others granted but some are spending money on sub standard players.

Fair play to Mousehole, trying something different... will it work? nobody knows until you give it a crack!

the fella with the money is investing in infrastructure, new pitch etc and it looks incredible down there, must be one of the only clubs to have not called a game off this season?

Things are obviously improving on the pitch as well, I saw the game vs Porthleven last weekend, the lad Paolo and the Scottish CB were different class, are they being paid? probably, and if they are then they have invested wisely... whilst Porthleven are paying the journeyman Thackeray to come down from Plymouth with one other and the young lad next to him at centre half was better and for probably a fraction of the price!

Mousehole were the totally dominant side, ran the midfield completely, couldve been 7 or 8. Would like to see more encouragement for teams having a go at succeeding rather than just people having a pop