Cornwall Football Forum

Developement

S4C has been trying to get going for 7 years,if it was going to happen,it would have done so by know.

So where the hell, does this leave the football club.HOMELESS.

Also their seems to be something adrift with Helical's financial promises.

Not sure,but did'nt Helical Bar say that £5 million would be put towards a new stadium.Now we are being told just £2 million will be for the new stadium.

That is why Silverbow was not financially viable because cost's went way above their £5 million allocation.

Thats £3 million gone some where else.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

S4C has been trying to get going for 7 years,if it was going to happen,it would have done so by know.

Not sure,but did'nt Helical Bar say that £5 million would be put towards a new stadium.Now we are being told just £2 million will be for the new stadium.

That is why Silverbow was not financially viable because cost's went way above their £5 million allocation.

And who exactly do you think has got that ...think about it.

Strange that at the same time the ground is up for development and TCFC becoming homeless ...Torquay are hoping to put a team into the SWPL

TCFC ....or Torquay reserves / third team (?)

13 hours ago, somersetspur said:

It's not a secret anymore.  If you watched the planning meeting on the public webcast it was stated that the club/masters also get £2m to spend how they like. It's a shame the developers agreed to that kind of a bung rather than safeguarding all the money for a new site for Truro City.  Anyone that still believes that Masters is spending his own money after watching that meeting yesterday really needs a reality check. If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny that Heaney only got about £2m for Treyew Road and he actually owned it (after the Trustees sold it to him for £1) and Masters has managed to get himself roughly the same sum from a ground he doesn't even own.  Now he's got his money back I wonder how long he'll stick around after May.

https://cornwall.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/319544  if you go to 3:08:25 Councillor Fitter asks about the £2m being paid as a "dowry" to TCFC (this is separate to the £2m being paid to Cornwall Council towards the S4C project) Clearly the developer spokesman in his response wanted to keep that a secret but confirms it to be correct and goes on to say how the club would use that money in which he says (at 3:09:30) "apart from paying off debts............." 

Now, as the only debts the club has are the Directors Loans owed to Masters and Perryman then it would seem that those people that said that the owners are getting a payoff from the developers have been categorically proved correct.  Its not by coincidence that today, only a day after the planning consent was given, that Masters announces that Perryman is to leave the club at the end of the season, presumably with his share of the £2m in his back pocket.

Earlier on in the meeting it was even confirmed that there was no current eviction order in place and only that the club could "expect" one.  Masters could have chosen to dig his heels in and fight to stay at Treyew Road but instead of that he took the money and let the bulldozers in.

One down, one to go!

Im sorry to say ,but some people had an idea where this club was heading ,under Masters.

He was never going to fight for TCFC.It was always about lining his pockets with gold.

What gets up my nose,is the so called Truro Supporters Club,who stand's by and watch the Club sink,because Masters tells them to.

Gutless.

Where is Truro Postie ,now he has his dosh.More silly betting ,I suppose.

Listening to the Radio Cornwall interview , Mr Masters hinted that there might be a delay to the June start of the SFC build as there is still a £4 Million shortfall in funding.

Can a Stadium of this size be accomplished in time for the 2019-20 season ?

Could a groundshare at Bodmin/Helston see their facilities upgraded  to NL standard by the 31st.March ?

Chairman quote.

The Club now begin the process of looking for other investment,either someone to work along side myself,or take over complete control.

So it looks like Pete will be off if someone fancies taking over a Football club with no home and a unsure future.

Who the hell would invest into Football Club with no home.

The problem is, with the £2M or £2.7M that has been given to the club (listen to what was said), (not the other £2M that is to be invested in a new ground), is taken to pay off existing debts and creditors, then there will be nothing left in the kitty to pay for the day to day running costs if and when the club move home, be it to the S4C or a groundshare. 

Anyone wanting to join the board or take over the club will HAVE to have money to burn as the club will never see anyone get a return on any money put in. There will be no ground to sell to fall back on.

The S4C will be a white elephant and I can see the Council Tax payers of the county having to stump up the £4M shortfall plus paying the running costs. 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

You might have thought some money football mad south east Asia person might be interested! 

Step 2 Non League - not that far off the professional scene!

Anybody who invests in a football club must be mad! All the supporters do is demand more and more investment whilst slagging off the investors if instant success is not achieved. As sensible people say, 'You can make a small fortune out of football, but only if you invest a large one'. Never was a truer word spoken!

16 hours ago, St Darren said:

As a business. What Assets do Truro have that you’re buying?

be interesting to know the asking price 

The upshot if it all though is that Mr Masters isn’t daft. He’s come in and saved a football club with hundreds of thousands of pounds and it’s not cost him a penny!

genius 

Was it him though (? ) Never ever has it been about football.

On 23/12/2017 at 12:52, CornishRhino said:

As a regular of watching the Pirates I would put this attendance down to the fairly poor weather. Not just this, it was a British & Irish cup game. A competition where nobody is really interested or committed to.

The attendance for the Bristol v Pirates clash at Ashton Gate was over 11,000 and here is a club in the best geographical location that cannot hold on to the top tier  but "Yo-Yo's" between the Premiership and Championship--What cost to sustain the Pirates in that elite super league? -impossible!

I see the biggest challenge for the Stadium for (Pirates) Cornwall is not the construction but administrively making it a viable concern for 7 days a week. Apart from Saturday/Sunday it will compete as a glorified Leisure Centre and these places around the County are struggling to keep in the black.

Conferences/pop concerts and social occasions  will not be a continuous weekly income as our  geograghical position is So far, far West. --I do believe in the early days The Pirates Supremo offered to manage the Stadium for 10 years free of charge if it could have been built by others and I do wonder if the Pirates were that desperate for a Stadium they now wish to have ventured this dream on their own after all the upheavals and opposition to this project..

I would venture to say that all leisure centres / pools that are run by the local authority or subsidised by them run at a considerable loss.

I know that many issue contracts based on who can run it for the least loss !!!!!!!

And if the general public bothered to look at the figures for the usage they would want them closed.

C4C in my opinion would be a money gobbling monster or rate payers money.

Let the Pirates and TCFC build their own little dreams with their own money....not mine and others.

18 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

Only time will tell if Pirates competing in the Premiership would be sustainable. At the moment I'd say no, but I could be wrong. Like you said, geographical location would make it very difficult indeed. I do wonder how much the cost of the upkeep of the stadium would be?!

And when Truro are at home with 300 to 500 watching .....hell of an atmosphere.....and loss maker to the stadium more than likely.

Subsidised by the ratepayer......that would cause some friction in Cornwall and put pressure on other venues to give an accurate disclosure of losses.

24 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

Who knows what the stadium will hold?! I've heard different figures being mentioned. I believe it'll be around the 5,000 mark with potential to increase the capacity to nearer 10,000. But I do think we'd be able to get a big name down here. To be fair, it's what people class as a big name. I do think where the stadium is it'll cause a lot of congestion along that A390 corridor. I'm sure the experts have thought it through though. So you'd think anyway.

Like the bus lane they added - that made the queues longer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

Who knows what the stadium will hold?! I've heard different figures being mentioned. I believe it'll be around the 5,000 mark with potential to increase the capacity to nearer 10,000. But I do think we'd be able to get a big name down here. To be fair, it's what people class as a big name. I do think where the stadium is it'll cause a lot of congestion along that A390 corridor. I'm sure the experts have thought it through though. So you'd think anyway.

Theolderigetthebetteriwas is the biggest name down here.lol

11 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

Cornish Pirates play home games on a Sunday afternoon and Truro City on a Saturday afternoon, no traffic congestion expected then other than the usual rush you get at all matches. Just as long as they allow Ray2b taxis to use the bus lane I will be happy. :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Nobody shop in Truro on Saturdays then

Turn off at Penstraze down to Dangerous Crossing up to Sticklers Corner then back on to the A390. Better still go up the A30 down the B3284 through Shortlanesend, simples. Thought you would have worked that one out being a Postman Pat. :thumbsup:

Being a TCFC follower for many years,I have not been convinced about this current regime,and despite the re-assurance of the Chairman and his little band of followers,I have been a worried man .The news over the last few months is not good.Because the team are doing well some people ignore the off field politic'sand the future of the club.

23 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Typical taxi man ....take the longest route.

You don't get rich by using the shortest route Older you should know that. Just as a matter of interest city centre to Malpas Park £5, city centre to the new S4C £15. If the new stadium is built at Malpas I shall be investing in a new water taxi to ship you Fal River boys up (mates rates of course) especially for you and Mattelot, may even get Big Al to pipe you on board. Remember the name Ray2b Taxis, you've tried the rest now try the best.:smiley20:

9 hours ago, Rayvon said:

You don't get rich by using the shortest route Older you should know that. Just as a matter of interest city centre to Malpas Park £5, city centre to the new S4C £15. If the new stadium is built at Malpas I shall be investing in a new water taxi to ship you Fal River boys up (mates rates of course) especially for you and Mattelot, may even get Big Al to pipe you on board. Remember the name Ray2b Taxis, you've tried the rest now try the best.:smiley20:

I like the sound of that, put me down for the maiden voyage..... I would invest in a jetty down Malpas if I were you though.

Looks like TCFC could be playing down there in a couple of years....white tigers to white waders maybe (?)