Cornwall Football Forum

Late blow dealt to Truro City in Trophy - Saturday December 16 2017

FA Trophy - First Round Proper

Sutton United FC    1 - 0    Truro City FC

Attendance   576

Taken from the Sutton website :-

A goal from substitute Craig Dundas just before the end saw Sutton overcome a tough challenge from a Truro team who will feel they deserved to take the tie back to Treyew Road. Tommy Wright and Dundas missed clear chances, but it was Truro who came closest when Ed Palmer’s free kick crashed against the bar. However Dundas produced the decisive moment as he ran on to a Craig Eastmond pass and lifted the ball past the advancing goalkeeper. 

Bit of a bummer this one especially for all the supporters who had travelled all that way only to be undone by a 88th minute winner. It was obvious neither side wanted a replay as was shown by Truro who made a triple substitution late in the game. Still at least we can now concentrate on winning the league then turning professional then playing in the new S4C then gaining promotion to the Football League then I woke up.

Merry Christmas to all my readers especially the ones down the other end of the river.  :Santa::smiley20::c:

9 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Bit of a bummer this one especially for all the supporters who had travelled all that way only to be undone by a 88th minute winner. It was obvious neither side wanted a replay as was shown by Truro who made a triple substitution late in the game. Still at least we can now concentrate on winning the league then turning professional then playing in the new S4C then gaining promotion to the Football League then I woke up.

Merry Christmas to all my readers especially the ones down the other end of the river.  :Santa::smiley20::c:

Don't think you will ever wake up and smell the coffee from down the river.....but hey (!) happy Xmas to you too.:Santa: