Cornwall Football Forum

A Thank You To The Fans

Truro City Have announced the following for this Saturdays Game:-

The club are delighted to announce that as thanks to the loyalty shown by the clubs fans during 2007, entry to Saturday's game against Odd Down will be at half price. The prices will thus be:

£2 Adults

£1 OAP's

50p Children

The club would again like to thank all the fans who have had such a big part to play in the most successful year in the clubs history.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Of course you could always watch the future of Cornish Football at Mount Wise - with 5 of the current County Youth side playing SWPL1.

Heres the deal, you turn up in chilly Newquay, have a quick Double Scotch in the clubhouse to warm you through and then pay at the gate and get your programme - guess what ? You have still got change from £5 and the lovely warming thought that you are not paying to see bunch of menceneries but contributing towards Cornwalls real footballing futures.

Now thats the way to get Cornwall on your side Mr Heaney, support the Cornish and at a bargain price EVERY MATCH !

Guest plainmoor

what disgusting, disgraceful and inconsiderate behaviour from the truro city fc management, have they given no thought to what will do to other team's attendance in the area? maybe they have that's why their doing it, they really like to pi$$ people off don't they?

It seems to be me me me with truo and sod all other team's survival.

Good for cornish football? I think not, only good for truro city, no doubt bbc radio truro sorry cornwall will be there to see another boring white wash.

also you can tell that they don't care where they extra bodies from, they have got their own sub section on this forum, so why put this on the main discussion board? answer to rob peter to pay paul, because not many people read their own sub section but many people read this one.

Shame on you truro.

That's what I thought, just like FA Vase prices are set by the FA.

Therefore Truro have no say in the pricing and can't, as Cornishteddyboy alludes to, set their prices at a degree where it will drive new fans away, or at least, it won't be their fault.

The higher up the pyramid you go the more you have to pay, no different to rugby etc.

Hate to dissappoint you but clubs can still run "promotional ticketing days" several times a season and reduce the admission charges to what they like, just as long as away fans are not treated any differently.

The Southern League would have no choice but to accept this price policy in the same way the Western League has no choice.

What I meant was, the higher up the football pyramid, the higher the prices.

People come to watch Truro win for £4-5 per week. They have gained 400-450 supporters per game since their SWL days.

My point is with higher charges imposed by the leagues they go up through them, how many of these new supporters will be willing to watch Truro for say £7, £10, £15, etc. A supporters' loyalty is built up over time not a couple of successful seasons. If these people turn up now why didn't they turn up in the clubs SWL days? How many turn up to watch Truro's Combo team?

Other supporters shouldn't worry about their home gates on Saturday, true supporters will still watch their local team and won't drive to Truro just to save a couple of quid. Truro are doing this:-

1. As a publicity stunt

2. To try and attract supporters away from Christmas shopping.

3. Their home gates have started falling.

Guest Peppermint

Plymouth Parkway seem to have good sized crowds this season and I am not sure whether some or all of their games coincide with Argyle home matches but with the greatest respect to Truro City the Championship is a much bigger draw than the Westrn League. Therefore is the Parkway gates the result of Parkway doing so well this year or is there some other reason.

Perhaps cluns like St Blazey and Falmouth could have their own promotion games.

Guest Terrier Tom

3. Their home gates have started falling.

:rolleyes:

Why do people make things up when it comes to Truro??

Last 5 home league games:

Devizes (h) - 423

Illfracombe (h) - 435

Street (h) - 407

Willand (h) - 507

Calne (h) - 342

As you can see, crowds have fluctuated up and down and are far from falling! The 507 figure is the clubs highest league attendance of the season, and highest for a league fixture for over a year (ironically since the last time the club gave a ticket promotion). All teams (see PAFC) experience peak and troughs. On top of that their crowds are up something like 40% this season on last.

Teddy, I thought you had more about you than plainmoor who just spouts rubbish (who also went strangely quiet on his other rant thread when told what rubbish he was talking). Maybe not. Points 1 & 2 are to be expected of a forward thinking club. And rising prices (as forced by the higher leagues) are inevitable with the better quality of football. Why raise question about something so obvious? Ahhh, it's Truro!!! MUST CRITICISE!!!

Perhaps cluns like St Blazey and Falmouth could have their own promotion games.

At least you talk sense Peppermint. :thumbsup:

I'm sure if Falmouth offered a promotional day and TCFC fans complained about 'pulling' their crowd they would be laughed out of town.

As a neutral, well done TCFC, a gesture I am sure your impressive crowds will appreciate.

I would have thought the reason was obvious. Odd Down are second from bottom of the league with just 10 points from 20 games. Their away record is played 11, won 1, draw 1, lost 9 goals for 5 goals against 33. Not exactly competitive opponents.

So it is an excellent promotional ploy to get the fans in to boost the gate. Odd Down have won two matches and they were one after the other in September. 3-0 at home to Chard and 2-0 at Bristol Manor Farm. Since then they have drawn 2 and lost 10. A very big score is expected so well worth the reduced admission fee.

Guest plainmoor

why mrs p,

thats the first time in 30 post that you've not attacked someone or been a bigger pain than me, you must have sold all the produce from your fish cart today to be in such a good mood. X

was you?im a neutral when it comes to truro and just cant believe a old man like you relly could be so childish

Like your grammer and spelling tms no9? Respect your elders.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Hang on a minute, why has my name been dragged into this. I put forward a very sensible alternative to Truros offer (which they are entitled to do) and merely pointed out the advantages of supporting Cornwalls footballing future. Can someone tell me why this is so wrong and why I have again been knocked for yet another 'pearl of wisdom'

Newquay AFC v Callington Town is Sat 15th Dec at Mount Wise 2.15pm kick off.

Guest cornish pasty

Truro City Have announced the following for this Saturdays Game:-

The club are delighted to announce that as thanks to the loyalty shown by the clubs fans during 2007, entry to Saturday's game against Odd Down will be at half price. The prices will thus be:

£2 Adults

£1 OAP's

50p Children

The club would again like to thank all the fans who have had such a big part to play in the most successful year in the clubs history.

as normal price is £5 how is £2 half price ?? its even more than half price.

331 Truros lowest league crowd of the season despite a goal feast predicted.

Was it too cold or do people want to see competitive matches not one sided games.

Still a decent crowd but not as high as thought.

Guest tom@white tigers

I was at the game today in my usual position behind the goal nearest to the sports bar. I was a little dissapointed with the attendance as i thought it would lure a few more people. However perhaps the weather and the christmas shopping was too bigger put off. It was nice to save 50p though. :drink:

Is the bubble starting to burst or is it leaking slowly.

No I dont think so.It's not everyones cup of tea to stand up in freezing conditions for 90 mins,only for the die hard fans.I think in the next few weeks you will see the bubble expanding.For example the Truro City v Bideford in the next round of the F.A. Vase.

KIT.