Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 2nd December

Combo Results
Saturday 2nd December 2017
Holman SC (Anthony Nicholls) 1-9 Porthleven Reserves (Ryan Trathen 3, Gavin Perranton 3, Liam Hunter, George Molcher, Matt Dawson) 
Att - 10
Perranwell (Rob Pell 2) 2-1 Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve)
Att - 28
Redruth United (Chris Dower) 1-2 Mullion (Jack Price 2)
Att - 15
St Agnes (Jakob Springall) 1-3 Helston Athletic Reserves (Sam Young, Fred Conway, Joe Wright)
Att - 25
St Day (Tom Hogarth 2) 2-5 Falmouth Town Reserves (Kyle Cooke 2, Rob Warne 2, Kayne Trevaskis) 
Att - 68
St Just (Gary Matthews) 1-1 Illogan RBL Reserves (Josh Taylor) 
Att - 37

1st v 2nd at Vogue Park this weekend. Should be a cracking game.

Bar and kitchen facilities all available, covered area pitchside and the balcony to watch from. If you don't want to go Christmas shopping but still want a cracker get along to VP for a 2:30pm.

We also have St Day III v Falmouth III on our other pitch too. Plus sport on our new big TV before, during and after the game.

"A Club for the Family and for the Future"

28 minutes ago, winston said:

I'm looking forward to coming down and watching mark. I think your covered area maybe be rather full. I just hope there is a strong ref for a such a big game in this league, especially after hearing of the Falmouth linesman's antics earlier in the season. 

It’s not the same linesman now.

2 hours ago, winston said:

Having just heard who the ref is, I think that edges the game in falmouths favour. An ex Illogan boy who has a distinct loathing of local teams like Redruth and St day 

I think you will find Hoony is an ex player for all the team's there's not a team he didn't play for lol

The referee for St Day v Falmouth Res has changed to Andrew McKnight

The Referee for St Day III v Falmouth III is Jamie Mooney. 

I must add Jamie referee St Day Pilgrims v Falmouth U14s very recently in a County fixture and was an excellent example of refereeing.

Who cares who' the referee is, we would all soon be bloody complaining when the referees refuse to ref certain clubs and teams or didnt turn up at all. Let's play football and give the referee an easy game to officiate in.

It' going to be a Christmas cracker I'm sure!!

56 minutes ago, Mark said:

Who cares who' the referee is, we would all soon be bloody complaining when the referees refuse to ref certain clubs and teams or didnt turn up at all. Let's play football and give the referee an easy game to officiate in.

Sadly some do Mark.

Fact of the matter is that without them, there aren’t games. Best not to get too worked up about which of them have got what game! At the end of the day, they do their best.

Gutted that I'm not available, today! As a player, you live for days like today. It promises to be a fascinating match, with two teams playing great football, at the moment, sitting 1st & 2nd respectively. There are some  good youngsters & experienced heads in both squads, but for us, I've never known a season like it for injuries, having 6 out at one point & now our latest long term injury, poor old H (get well soon, mate).

Anyway, i'm sure whoever officiates the match will do a decent job and hopefully come 5pm, you'll all be talking about a great game, witnessed by all. 

Come on you Saints ⚽ 

4 hours ago, Rob Hosking said:

Gutted that I'm not available, today! As a player, you live for days like today. It promises to be a fascinating match, with two teams playing great football, at the moment, sitting 1st & 2nd respectively. There are some  good youngsters & experienced heads in both squads, but for us, I've never known a season like it for injuries, having 6 out at one point & now our latest long term injury, poor old H (get well soon, mate).

Anyway, i'm sure whoever officiates the match will do a decent job and hopefully come 5pm, you'll all be talking about a great game, witnessed by all. 

Come on you Saints ⚽ 

Once a saint allways a saint !! Come on fellas ????

FT: LWC Combination 

St Day 2-5 @Falmouth_Town Res

Saint Scorer: Tom Hogarth (2)

Falmouth Scorers: Kayne Trevaskis, Rob Warne (2) & Kyle Cooke(2).

Attendance: 68

Wasn't at the game so cannot give anymore infor than that above. I agree with St Darren and as I posted Andy McKnight is a gentleman on and off the field. He spent time doing a pitch inspection this morning for both potential home games, then again at 1:15pm and all for the same wage and all for everybody else's enjoyment. I'm sure there are others that did the same today too. Well done and Thank you

Onwards and Upwards!!! The saints go marching on....

Redruth united goal scorer Chris Dower. 15 watching a good competitive game closely contested on a sticky pitch. Game decided by a 2nd half penalty with both teams creating chances.well reffed by Nigel Nichols, interesting how many peninsula clubs called off games today and only Carharrack from the Combination league. Are the playing surfaces improving in the combo or getting worse in peninsula 

Watch St.day v Falmouth today, got to say what a good game. Scoreline doesn't reflect the game at all, very close good but Falmouth took there chances and St.day made a couple mistakes which Falmouth scored from. Ref had a good game but was a strange decision when giving falmouth a penalty even though the play said he slipped rather than a foul. Big game next week with Falmouth playing perranporth who are the team to beat.

Falmouth 5 st day 2 

falmouth deserved to win controlled the game after a tight first 20 played some really nice football on a sticky surface.

never easy playing st day at home we knew we would have to keep control and stop them getting any momentum, going in 3-1 up at half time with goals from kayne rob and Kyle we knew it was only half a job done second half we took the game away from st day firstly a spectacular goal from rob just after break, then a penalty slotted away by Kyle not sure if was a pen to be fair more of a slip from our player but a penalty was given, st day had nothing to lose with 15 to go and chucked everything at us and then got there own dubious penalty so could say it equals itself out.

good game to be part of and wish st day all the best for the rest of the season 

oh and well reffed by Andy ( no ref bashing here)

I think 5-1 says it all!!

st day had there penalty late in the game to make 5-2 after town made 5 subs 

18 minutes ago, Alf said:

Controlled the game? St.day missed good chances and falmouth score from two mistakes. Everyone I spoke to said there wasn't a lot between the teams.

What have subs got to do with it. You are very bias, I was a neutral and thought it was a very close game, even spoke to so of the falmouth players who said the same. Best of luck to both team's, even though I don't watch much football I would say both team's will be top 3/4 at the end of the season

As a player today all it was that Falmouth took there chances which we didn't ... simple as that yeah we made mistakes but you can't take that away from the pressure Falmouth we're giving us .. proper top of the table clash .. I agree score line doesn't reflect the game but it has we move on

Well done to Falmouth today, took there chances. Don't agree with the one because chance were pretty even. Warne goal just after half time was a goal that most combo strikers wouldn't have scored, best of luck to falmouth for the rest of the season. Well done to your player who admitted he wasn't even touched for the penalty.

Edited by willy7
Spelling

Indeed a game of 2 teams, one took their chances, thanks to some hired help £££ and a soft penalty decision from the ref who'd have thought it and another team who missed chance after chance and made some mistakes at the back. I was expecting a few more watching and they missed a good game.

12 minutes ago, winston said:

Indeed a game of 2 teams, one took their chances, thanks to some hired help £££ and a soft penalty decision from the ref who'd have thought it and another team who missed chance after chance and made some mistakes at the back. I was expecting a few more watching and they missed a good game.

Haha hired help can’t believe it took you this long to use that excuse. The next one will be a linesman’s decision didn’t go your way .

#sore loser

better team on the day won 

16 minutes ago, The one said:

Haha hired help can’t believe it took you this long to use that excuse. The next one will be a linesman’s decision didn’t go your way .

#sore loser

better team on the day won 

No hired help Falmouth have there own right to play first team player's, We would do the same in that situation.  I agree you probably were the better team on the day but as like most of the comments made the game was a lot closer than the scoreline showed. St.day making mistake costing 2 goals at very important times. Best of luck to Falmouth for the rest of the season.

12 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I’ve just read elsewhere though that only two are allowed and so I can’t imagjne it makes that much difference anyway! 

If one of those 2 Dave happen to score 2 goals I'd say they made a difference along with 3 other peninsula players you are getting close to half the team. 2 players made a difference earlier in the season when westgarth and wearne scored all 7 in a win down st just. Come on Dave

i support no team, the one or nick chin we will call you. I live close by and watch local teams in Redruth and I haven't lost a thing. In recent weeks mr trevaskis has offered his services to 3 clubs I know of for 35 quid. It used to be 50 quid but the rate has dropped due to age an injury. He doesn't play for free. Thank you and goodnight 

16 hours ago, Alf said:

Watch St.day v Falmouth today, got to say what a good game. Scoreline doesn't reflect the game at all, very close good but Falmouth took there chances and St.day made a couple mistakes which Falmouth scored from. Ref had a good game but was a strange decision when giving falmouth a penalty even though the play said he slipped rather than a foul. Big game next week with Falmouth playing perranporth who are the team to beat.

Falmouth will be playing Hayle in the Senior Cup next Saturday so thev Reserves v Perranporth will be postponed

Rob Wearne was cup tied so was selected well before the first team was called off.

56 minutes ago, winston said:

If one of those 2 Dave happen to score 2 goals I'd say they made a difference along with 3 other peninsula players you are getting close to half the team. 2 players made a difference earlier in the season when westgarth and wearne scored all 7 in a win down st just. Come on Dave

i support no team, the one or nick chin we will call you. I live close by and watch local teams in Redruth and I haven't lost a thing. In recent weeks mr trevaskis has offered his services to 3 clubs I know of for 35 quid. It used to be 50 quid but the rate has dropped due to age an injury. He doesn't play for free. Thank you and goodnight 

Don’t see anything at all wrong with Rob Wearne playing for another team of the same club. Especially if he’s cup tied for the firsts anyway.

As for Kayne, could it be a case of the fact he’s having to approach all the clubs you suggest, that’s he no longer the player he might have once been? As for paying money for him to play, well if a person is prepared to do so, more fool that person I say! ?

2 hours ago, winston said:

Clearly winston you have your issues with get facts right I am not nick Chinn and do you have clear proof that kayne wanted money to play? Or is this all hear say rubbish from very sad and jealous people 

any club that does well always gets slated by keyboard warriors it was only the other week Perranporth had the same thing.

4 hours ago, winston said:

If you would like to the truth then ask instead of making untrue assumptions. Kayne was injured earlier on in the season whilst playing for Godolphin. He is playing some games for Falmouth reserves to test the recovery of that injury & get some match fitness with the intention of playing at the highest level he can again. Secondly Kayne does not except money to play. When offered a Brown envelope I have witnessed him hand it back asking for it to be used in the club. Please don't tar every player with the same brush, some players demand money warranted or not then it's down to the Manager whether he wants to pay it out.

Well I went and watched the game everyone was talking about. Falmouth took the lead the st day equalised. St day then wasn’t given a clear penalty after hart took down boon. From that a gamble paid off as a keeping mistake gave Falmouth the lead.

falmouth then got another and straight after half time killed the game with a quality goal by rob.w.  St day then had chances but another fal goal came think it was the penalty which wasn’t a pen in Falmouth players eyes. But that’s football. St day got a penalty can’t comment on it as was far away at this stage. But I did see the ref tell Kieran to put his flag down. 

Falmouth were always dangerous on the counter attack. St day had more of possession and some good chances but fal keeper did well and some poor finishing didn’t convert. 

A great game too watch take chances win games.

my personal man of the match would of been Kyle Cooke for Falmouth the lad never stops running around chasing or hassling. No ball was a lost cause. 

Just like to say to Winston if your going to quote names you should get your facts right , as I know the one very well and it isn’t nick .As for paying players we didn’t spend a penny yesterday ? Rob hasn’t had much football lately so the first team ask us to take him with us and he was cup tied . Kayne is returning  from injury and is good friends with barney so wants to gain his fitness back . As for Peninsula players we had a squad of 16 yesterday and 11 of those boys were playing Trelawney div 1 last year so a little praise wouldn’t go a miss ? Would like to thank the St Day striker Tom for sticking up for our young full back after he kicked the ball away after he conceded a penalty . Thanks for the positive remarks from a couple of your committee members .

11 hours ago, winston said:

To be honest, far too much is made out of this money thing!
I have it on good authority that Kayne isn’t interested in money. Surely he would be better off working on a Saturday if that was the case!
Because of injury, he’s probably just playing at the moment to get fit again. Fitness has been a problem he’s had throughout his playing time!
Has he actually ever played a whole season without an injury? Must be frustrating for the guy! He notches a lot of goals, just think how many he might have had with an injury free spell!

11 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

To be honest, far too much is made out of this money thing!
I have it on good authority that Kayne isn’t interested in money. Surely he would be better off working on a Saturday if that was the case!
Because of injury, he’s probably just playing at the moment to get fit again. Fitness has been a problem he’s had throughout his playing time!
Has he actually ever played a whole season without an injury? Must be frustrating for the guy! He notches a lot of goals, just think how many he might have had with an injury free spell!

Thank you someone talking sense for once , kayne is a top player and a injury free season would show the haters his true class 

let’s hope you little keyboard warriors go hide under the stones again 

21 hours ago, The one said:

Clearly winston you have your issues with get facts right I am not nick Chinn and do you have clear proof that kayne wanted money to play? Or is this all hear say rubbish from very sad and jealous people 

any club that does well always gets slated by keyboard warriors it was only the other week Perranporth had the same thing.

Have to agree with the one here, always bitter remarks made towards clubs nearer the top of the table. Carharrack had a massive wage bill last season, according to a few people anyway ? Now they lose a couple games this year and the money's dried up!