Cornwall Football Forum

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP - 3rd ROUND - Saturday November 25th 2017

3rd Round

Dobwalls 2-5 Sticker           

Foxhole Stars 1-3 Penwith Exiles

Frogpool & Cusgarne 4-2 North Hill

Gerrans & St Mawes Utd 0-1  Lostwithiel (aet)

Holywell And Cubert 2-1 Illogan RBL

Lizard Argyle 6-1 St Just

New Inn Titans 2-1 St Breward

Penryn Athletic H/W walkover Kilkhampton  

Rosudgeon 3-4 St Day

Ruan Minor 1-8 Mousehole

St Buryan 1-0 Stithians

St Mawgan 6-1 St Merryn

St Stephen v Halsetown

Wendron United H/W walkover Callington Town

The 4th round draw  will take place on Tuesday 28th November at approximately 9.30am by the Cornwall FA with representatives from Bond Timber drawing out the teams!

(Penzance and Torpoint Athletic already through after last Saturday’s wins)

10 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

The Chairman and I continue our explorations into the wild west in support of our Duchy sides in the Junior Cup. Frogpool & Cusgarne is the destination today and we're hoping North Hill can hit top form to bolster numbers from the east going into the fourth round. 

Anyone know if we can get a cuppa at Frogpool ?

You should be able to get a cuppa ..  if you ask nicely ?

Sign of the times again I’m afraid. No club would jack a junior cup 3rd round tie in years ago. Great old competition to win. Real shame. I’ve just looked at the live football available on tv this weekend. Across all channels there are 36 live games!!! When I was a kid we had one live game a year! It can’t help can it surely? Still I’m sure there are plenty of young lads committed to their football, it’s just seems easier not to play these days!?

Foxhole Stars 1 Penwith Exiles 3.

High flying Foxhole brought down to earth by the Exiles.

The visitors went into an early two goal lead and had to survive a second half onslaught from the home side, however in added time a breakaway third ensured the tie.

Good to share a few words with the Exiles Secretary at half time and a mention for the match referee who must have felt the cold by wearing a black woolly hat throughout the match.:c:

Frogpool & Cusgarne 4 - 2 North Hill

Friendly welcome from the nice people at Frogpool, good set up and nice cup of tea delivered to the touchline by Michelle,

This was a pretty evenly matched cup tie played in the right spirit. Frogpool have a well balanced squad that put in a solid performance. North Hill are probably a couple players short of a balanced side and looked lively in attack but exposed at times when defending. The home side went ahead after 20 minutes and crucially snatched a vital second right on half time.

The visitors pulled a goal back 15 minutes into the second period but couldn't get the upper hand and Frogpool scored again shortly after and then extended the lead to 4-1 with ten minutes remaining. A last gasp penalty deservedly made the scoreline look a little better for North Hill who will regret missing the several chances they created.

Congratulations to F&C.

Foxhole stars 1- 3 Penwith exiles

with us losing 3 starting players to other clubs in previous weeks and 2 others through injury we new this would be a tuff ask but all the players played with spirit and fight and looked like the old exiles we no! Foxhole looked dangerous at times and you can see why there so high up there number10 was there best player for me! Mom is hard but would say Darren Stedman or Kyle pierce bring on moushole in a few weeks! Let’s have it!

GSM United 0 Losty 1

We were fortunate to win today against a very good GSM team. GSM dominated possession and territory in the first half kicking up hill against a strong wind. We managed to keep them at bay and on;y threatened from set pieces. Second half again we were on the back foot and somehow managed to survive without having a single shot on goal. Extra time and with the wind and slope we again struggled to create and GSM were given a penalty when Centre Forward Keegan was clipped in the box. Luckily they missed the Pen and a couple other chances and it stayed 0-0. Second half of extra time we again battled manfully without creating and we hung on until minute 118 when sub Nathan Gough burst down the wing and crossed for Johnny Harris to calmly slot a goal with our first shot on target. GSM CAME RIGHT BACK AT US and were awarded another pen in the last minute which they again missed. GSM had one last attack which we managed to repel ansd survived to progress. MOM Ben Ringrose and the lad Keegan up top for GSM were superb but for us I would give it to Josh Cook outstanding at the back. GSM away next week in the Knockout Cup, I will be away sadly Great food at the pub and a good bunch of lads. Come on LOSTY.:smiley20:

14 minutes ago, Billy Davies said:

GSM United 0 Losty 1

We were fortunate to win today against a very good GSM team. GSM dominated possession and territory in the first half kicking up hill against a strong wind. We managed to keep them at bay and on;y threatened from set pieces. Second half again we were on the back foot and somehow managed to survive without having a single shot on goal. Extra time and with the wind and slope we again struggled to create and GSM were given a penalty when Centre Forward Keegan was clipped in the box. Luckily they missed the Pen and a couple other chances and it stayed 0-0. Second half of extra time we again battled manfully without creating and we hung on until minute 118 when sub Nathan Gough burst down the wing and crossed for Johnny Harris to calmly slot a goal with our first shot on target. GSM CAME RIGHT BACK AT US and were awarded another pen in the last minute which they again missed. GSM had one last attack which we managed to repel ansd survived to progress. MOM Ben Ringrose and the lad Keegan up top for GSM were superb but for us I would give it to Josh Cook outstanding at the back. GSM away next week in the Knockout Cup, I will be away sadly Great food at the pub and a good bunch of lads. Come on LOSTY.:smiley20:

Your name must be on the cup mate!!! Well done :thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, Billy Davies said:

GSM United 0 Losty 1

Missed penalties Billy or did you save them?!

Ben Ringrose is a quality player and was probably my best signing at Probus.

Brian, sorry to see you boys lost I was hoping to meet you in the cup mate. Chris I hope you are well mate are you still involved at PROBUS ? Ben is a class act GSM have a very good side and the ground is much improved hopefully see you at a ground soon. Finally Rappo sorry mate you are wrong I did not save both. I hope all is good with you Mark ad the net time you are at Lostwithiel pop over for a chat and hopefully a soft drink after the game. I am now limping off to my boys under 9 game against Bodmin, is gonna be a long day for my battered aching body.:(

1 hour ago, Billy Davies said:

Brian, sorry to see you boys lost I was hoping to meet you in the cup mate. Chris I hope you are well mate are you still involved at PROBUS ? Ben is a class act GSM have a very good side and the ground is much improved hopefully see you at a ground soon. Finally Rappo sorry mate you are wrong I did not save both. I hope all is good with you Mark ad the net time you are at Lostwithiel pop over for a chat and hopefully a soft drink after the game. I am now limping off to my boys under 9 game against Bodmin, is gonna be a long day for my battered aching body.:(

I'm still playing at Probus mate. Maybe one year, if we manage to stay in the Jumior Cup long enough, our paths may cross on the field again?! Hopefully see you soon mate.

Great stuff Chris I hope you are still enjoying it. How old are you Chris? I think you are younger than me but you must be close to the big 50. I think our best chance of meeting up maybe shopping in Truro or if I carry on next season we could arrange a pre-season friendly Chris, keep it going mate and one day we will catch up.:drink:

2 hours ago, Alf said:

Didn't watch it but been told the have signed Dale Band and Justin Harrington.

I know these old timers are getting on a bit since their glory days at the top of the South-western league, but I’d have still thought they’d be plying their trade in senior football. Nevertheless, as you say, a couple of brilliant signings at this level. Well done the NIT’s

4 hours ago, Alf said:

Didn't watch it but been told the have signed Dale Band and Justin Harrington.

Neither of those two played on Saturday in the junior cup... Good result for new inn Saturday and if they have signed these players it will only strengthen a already strong experienced squad

4 hours ago, stokefan1 said:

Neither of those two played on Saturday in the junior cup... Good result for new inn Saturday and if they have signed these players it will only strengthen a already strong experienced squad

Neither two played on Sat because they don't play for new inn titans,  someone spreading rumours again .