Cornwall Football Forum

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying Round - Saturday Nov 25th 2017

Lewes   v   Truro City

Lewes are currently top of Step 4 Isthmian League Division One South and are a 100% Community-owned and not-for-profit football club. 

Taken from their website :-

Why fan ownership?

As we all know, most football clubs up and down the country are privately owned organisations with wealthy investors plugging large funding holes with their own cash. As Lewes FC found out in 2010, and what many clubs are discovering today, no matter how big they are this is a rather unsustainable business model that has seen some clubs cease to exist.

In 2010, Lewes FC were less than 24 hours away from this reality, until a local groups of fans, calling themselves Rooks125, transformed the club into a Community Benefit Society, thereby allowing fans of the club to become owners themselves. We believe that thousands of fans owning an equal share is more sustainable, not to mention appropriate, way of doing things.

You sometimes have to play in competitions where you think do we really want to progress and for me this is one of them. After this game Truro will have covered over 1,700 miles in 8 days, well thats the mileage from Truro. Surely the players must be knackered after all this travelling besides having to do a day job. We have been lucky so far on the injury front but I for one don't want to see us go down the route from last season and bringing in loan players, it does not work. Lets just concentrate on finishing in a healthy position in the league.  Just my opinion others may disagree. :c:

22 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Lewes   v   Truro City

Lewes are currently top of Step 4 Isthmian League Division One South and are a 100% Community-owned and not-for-profit football club. 

Taken from their website :-

Why fan ownership?

As we all know, most football clubs up and down the country are privately owned organisations with wealthy investors plugging large funding holes with their own cash. As Lewes FC found out in 2010, and what many clubs are discovering today, no matter how big they are this is a rather unsustainable business model that has seen some clubs cease to exist.

In 2010, Lewes FC were less than 24 hours away from this reality, until a local groups of fans, calling themselves Rooks125, transformed the club into a Community Benefit Society, thereby allowing fans of the club to become owners themselves. We believe that thousands of fans owning an equal share is more sustainable, not to mention appropriate, way of doing things.

Great effort from the Rooks 125

I watch them if I am not playing or watching Tranmere I would highly recommend it. Hodges is doing an incredible job with that team. Not one of those players would get in the Tranmere team in the division above but as a unit they are producing result after result while Mickey Mellon at Rovers is stuttering through the season with for that level an all star team.

On 23/11/2017 at 10:23, Rayvon said:

You sometimes have to play in competitions where you think do we really want to progress and for me this is one of them. After this game Truro will have covered over 1,700 miles in 8 days, well thats the mileage from Truro. Surely the players must be knackered after all this travelling besides having to do a day job. We have been lucky so far on the injury front but I for one don't want to see us go down the route from last season and bringing in loan players, it does not work. Lets just concentrate on finishing in a healthy position in the league.  Just my opinion others may disagree. :c:

Well Rayvon, it may be a little belated but it seems that your wish will come true. One more game in the Vase and then time to concentrate on the league.

21 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Well Rayvon, it may be a little belated but it seems that your wish will come true. One more game in the Vase and then time to concentrate on the league.

On paper I am inclined to agree with you Bruegel the Elder but as Torquay United proved when they won at Sutton a couple of weeks ago "Its a funny old game" :c: