Cornwall Football Forum

Another good result for City on the road - Tuesday Nov 21 2017

Amazing to see and hear so many Truro fans at this match. It looked like it really raised the team. My journey was relatively local (!) from Brighton where I was working yesterday. Nevertheless, trying to get through the Dartford tunnel and around the M25 at leave-work time meant it took 3h 08m to travel 117 miles. Not that I'm complaining in the slightest when the journeys of others were taken into account...

The performance and the result really reinforced that we can finish in a competitive position in the league this year if we can continue to play like we did last night. In recent weeks we've performed well against two of the strongest teams in the league.

I thought the first half was a masterclass in team organisation from Lee and the lads. Everyone stuck to their jobs and restricted the Braintree attack to a few half-chances. They looked quick, skilful and comfortable on the ball, but also seemed to run out of creative ideas as the first half progressed. We closed them down quickly and forced an error that resulted in them losing possession in their own area, enabling Cody to score.

We seemed a little asleep at the start of the second half and it took their well-earned equaliser to really wake us up. I did worry if we might get overrun for a while, but the introduction of Tyler and Jordan seemed to change the whole complexion of the game. We ended the match as the dominant team and had two or three realistic chances to win it near the end. A draw was probably a fair result, all told.

Well done to the team and hats off to everyone who made it up from Cornwall for the game!

7 hours ago, Burto said:

Amazing to see and hear so many Truro fans at this match. It looked like it really raised the team. My journey was relatively local (!) from Brighton where I was working yesterday. Nevertheless, trying to get through the Dartford tunnel and around the M25 at leave-work time meant it took 3h 08m to travel 117 miles. Not that I'm complaining in the slightest when the journeys of others were taken into account...

The performance and the result really reinforced that we can finish in a competitive position in the league this year if we can continue to play like we did last night. In recent weeks we've performed well against two of the strongest teams in the league.

I thought the first half was a masterclass in team organisation from Lee and the lads. Everyone stuck to their jobs and restricted the Braintree attack to a few half-chances. They looked quick, skilful and comfortable on the ball, but also seemed to run out of creative ideas as the first half progressed. We closed them down quickly and forced an error that resulted in them losing possession in their own area, enabling Cody to score.

We seemed a little asleep at the start of the second half and it took their well-earned equaliser to really wake us up. I did worry if we might get overrun for a while, but the introduction of Tyler and Jordan seemed to change the whole complexion of the game. We ended the match as the dominant team and had two or three realistic chances to win it near the end. A draw was probably a fair result, all told.

Well done to the team and hats off to everyone who made it up from Cornwall for the game!

You’ll be well placed for a stroll up the road to Lewes next Saturday then. You could even put up the T.I.S.A. tribe for the night and show them the bright lights of Brighton!

16 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

You’ll be well placed for a stroll up the road to Lewes next Saturday then. You could even put up the T.I.S.A. tribe for the night and show them the bright lights of Brighton!

Unfortunately I don't live in Brighton, but was working there for a couple of days. Home is Basingstoke, and if there are indeed bright lights there, I've yet to find them!