Cornwall Football Forum

F A Vase Draw

Just had a look at SkyBet which make Truro City red hot favourites to retain the Vase with rediculous odds of 9/4.

Next at 16/1 are Merstham and Consett.

Bideford are placed at 40/1 and Wimborne Town 50/1 also Plymouth Parkway are rated 50/1

Other than Truro my tips are Whitley Bay from the North at 20/1 and Poole Town from the South at 33/1

i fancy an each way bet on either consett 16/1 or trafford 40/1 bearing in mind they meet each other next saturday following last saturdays cancellellation so a trafford bet needs to be done prior to this saturday, generous odds for these sides as currently both are top of their leagues .then as we all know league form counts for nothing in 1 off cup games just ask yeovil town about torquay united in the fa cup and closer to home liskeard against foxhole in the senior cup disrespect to any side intended but so called underdogs have nothing to lose and also raise their games for such ties.

Guest Peppermint

If Mr Heaney did put on a substantial wager then hopefully the gentleman got better odds than the 9/4 quoted! Obviously Truro City must be among the favourites to retain their trophy but with a lot of games to go and some excellent sides still in the competition it does seem very mean odds quoted.

Guest Terrier Tom

Mike I agree = others teams odds will tumble.

However, Truro's odds will ha e nothing to do with any large wagers already placed. On release off odds Truro's highest price was 4/1. Last year they opened at 7/1 with many others at 8/1, 10/1 etc but that was about 5th round time. At the moment (to the bookmakers!) Truro are the only known quantity and thus their odds are such a ridiulous price. For me, Trafford & Salford stand out as great value, im in!!!!