Cornwall Football Forum

Hi was looking for some advise as we (madron) have got hayle at hayle and their main pitch is in use - we have been advised that our game will go ahead but on the astro, now alot of our players dont have the boots that are allowed onto the pitch just wondered how we go about this.....i do get that exiles play on the astro but clubs were made aware of that at the start of each season.

1 hour ago, bornfighter78 said:

Hi was looking for some advise as we (madron) have got hayle at hayle and their main pitch is in use - we have been advised that our game will go ahead but on the astro, now alot of our players dont have the boots that are allowed onto the pitch just wondered how we go about this.....i do get that exiles play on the astro but clubs were made aware of that at the start of each season.

I would advise giving the league secretary a call rather than getting hearsay on here.

5 hours ago, bornfighter78 said:

Combo team are home and take preference .

3 hours ago, St Darren said:

What boots are you allowed to wear on this sort of surface nowadays?

Baring in mind that not all players can afford to own two pairs of boots! So if you own a pair of studs or blades that may not be allowed to be worn then you can’t play!

seems a little unfair to me

Wellies :yahoo:

5 hours ago, zebedee said:

They were contacted as required .....rubbish comment that it was 2 days before ! 

Genuinely told 2 days before. You were waiting on goals arriving up until late Wednesday evening which is when we got told it was going ahead on 3g.

I see on the Full Time website the game has bee listed as a Home Walkover and Hayle awarded 3 points. Thing is that is the second time Madron have had a game knocked dow as either an A-W or H-W and they have not had any points knocked off. Has the rule been changed where a club is deducted three points for not completing a fixture, and then 6, and so on? 

CTB, you are correct.

The guys at the league have been waiting for me to get internet access as I'm the one that writes the charges, records them and keeps a track record of it all. As soon as I get to a computer, the changes will be made to the League Table as per our League Rules.

I've seen a few comments around with people saying how Madron seem to be targeted... I'll go on record to say that administration wise, they are extremely difficult to deal with. Unfortunately if they breach league rules, they get charged the same as everybody else. There will not be one rule for one and one rule for another. It may seem like they are being charged continually, that will be the case until they bring themselves in line with the rules that govern this league like every other club. I'm sure most club secretary's will agree with me when I say I give clubs as much leeway as I can - for example, I will email all teams who don't have their teamsheets in on the Wednesday to remind them (to avoid the rule breach). It's then up to them to get it done by the end of the day. If we can avoid charging clubs, we will.

1 hour ago, B_D said:

It was set as postponed on Full Time whilst the facts were gathered - they were gathered - and the outcome was a breach of 10f.

Rule 10f for those of you too lazy too look it up. 

Signed

LOTG

f. i.  Home and away matches shall be played. In the event of a Club failing to keep its   engagement the Management Committee shall have power to inflict a fine, deduct points from   the defaulting Club, award the points from the match in question to the opponents, order the   defaulting Club to pay any expenses incurred by the opponents or otherwise deal with them   except the award of goals.  Notwithstanding the foregoing home and away provision, the   Management Committee shall have power to order a match to be played on a neutral ground   or on the opponent's ground if they are satisfied that such action is warranted by the   circumstances.  

ii.  Any Club with more than one team in the Competition shall always fulfil its league and cup fixtures within the Competition, in the following order of precedence: - First Team; Reserve Team, and A Team.    

iii. Any Club unable to fulfil a fixture or where a fixture has been postponed for any reason must, without delay, give notice to the Fixtures Secretary, the Result Secretary, the Competition Referees Appointments Secretary, the Secretary of the opposing Club and the match officials.  Any Club failing to comply shall be dealt with by the Management Committee who may inflict a fine.  

Notes.  

1. Clubs giving more than 7 days’ notice that they are unable to fulfil a fixture shall provide written reasons to the Competition justifying the inability to fulfil the fixture.  Only in exceptional and substantiated circumstances will permission to postpone the fixture be granted.  Should permission to postpone a fixture not be granted and the game still does not take place the penalties as for Note 2 below shall be applied in accordance with the Fines Tariff.

2. Clubs giving less than 7 days’ notice that they are unable to fulfil a fixture shall forfeit the match to their opponents and be otherwise penalised in accordance with the fines tariff.   Should neither club be able to fulfil the fixture it shall be declared void and the penalties in the Fines Tariff shall be applied to both teams. 

37 minutes ago, PGP said:

Could you also include the section? I'm looking now and 10(f) in no section looks like what you've posted. Not contesting that it does exist, just cannot see where!

14 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Page 18 of 33 isn’t it?

7 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

It’s the Trelawny League rules you want.

http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/Index.do?league=3983534

Correct, page 18 of the league rules 

40593.pdf

apologies for not including link. LOTG is very sorry for any confusion.

3 hours ago, addick1 said:

I see. So, as everything else is on here for all to see, can we all hear/read the 'facts' as you know them? 

You will have to wait until I next make port as all of that information (precise dates, communication logs & timeframe etc. - like I do in every "breach") is on my personal dropbox account - which I can't access whilst away from land.

When this sort of thing happens, the Management Committee decide on the outcome.

As I recall...

It was (and is) public knowledge that Hayle's #2 pitch is a 3g pitch. 2 days before the game, the Madron Secretary told a League Officer that the game was going ahead and that there were no issues (after a point was raised regarding footwear). The game was then cancelled by Madron on the day of the game, therefore not giving the required notice.

Rule 10f - 'Clubs giving less than 7 days’ notice that they are unable to fulfil a fixture shall forfeit the match to their opponents and be otherwise penalised in accordance with the fines tariff. Should neither club be able to fulfil the fixture it shall be declared void and the penalties in the Fines Tariff shall be applied to both teams.'

Madron have played on artificial pitches before; our rules state that games can be played on artificial pitches and every attempt should be made to get these fixtures played. I was told only a few people did not have the required footwear, which still means that the game could have gone ahead. 

It is the club secretary's job to check these fixtures when they are released; check the venue, kick off time, date, referee etc. This should have been raised long before the point that it actually was.

Come the end winter months (pretty much now through to February), these artificial surfaces are going to save quite a few games from being postponed.

Madron just need to follow the rules (or at least advise us if you think you are not going to be able to adhere to them). If you don't like them or you think they need changing, bring it up with the Trelawny Secretary and propose a rule change. It genuinely frustrates me when this sort of thing happens because the last thing I want to be doing is writing charge letters to clubs, docking points and issuing financial penalties! Yet I'm still finding myself doing that with Madron FC almost on a weekly basis! It becomes monotonous and tedious after a while. No other club in this league takes up more of my time at the moment!

3 hours ago, B_D said:

You will have to wait until I next make port as all of that information (precise dates, communication logs & timeframe etc. - like I do in every "breach") is on my personal dropbox account - which I can't access whilst away from land.

When this sort of thing happens, the Management Committee decide on the outcome.

As I recall...

It was (and is) public knowledge that Hayle's #2 pitch is a 3g pitch. 2 days before the game, the Madron Secretary told a League Officer that the game was going ahead and that there were no issues (after a point was raised regarding footwear). The game was then cancelled by Madron on the day of the game, therefore not giving the required notice.

Rule 10f - 'Clubs giving less than 7 days’ notice that they are unable to fulfil a fixture shall forfeit the match to their opponents and be otherwise penalised in accordance with the fines tariff. Should neither club be able to fulfil the fixture it shall be declared void and the penalties in the Fines Tariff shall be applied to both teams.'

Madron have played on artificial pitches before; our rules state that games can be played on artificial pitches and every attempt should be made to get these fixtures played. I was told only a few people did not have the required footwear, which still means that the game could have gone ahead. 

It is the club secretary's job to check these fixtures when they are released; check the venue, kick off time, date, referee etc. This should have been raised long before the point that it actually was.

Come the end winter months (pretty much now through to February), these artificial surfaces are going to save quite a few games from being postponed.

Madron just need to follow the rules (or at least advise us if you think you are not going to be able to adhere to them). If you don't like them or you think they need changing, bring it up with the Trelawny Secretary and propose a rule change. It genuinely frustrates me when this sort of thing happens because the last thing I want to be doing is writing charge letters to clubs, docking points and issuing financial penalties! Yet I'm still finding myself doing that with Madron FC almost on a weekly basis! It becomes monotonous and tedious after a while. No other club in this league takes up more of my time at the moment!

Ouch !

Shame that a long established club like Madron seems to be struggling on and off the pitch , hope they can sort things out have fond memories of playing them when they had two teams in the old West Penwith league and the Amor shield used to be a hard place to go and you always had a battle on your hands , hope they can keep going not many teams left from the old Penwith leagues now .

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Shame that a long established club like Madron seems to be struggling on and off the pitch , hope they can sort things out have fond memories of playing them when they had two teams in the old West Penwith league and the Amor shield used to be a hard place to go and you always had a battle on your hands , hope they can keep going not many teams left from the old Penwith leagues now .

I agree. All it will take is a bit of organisation and forward thinking/planning