Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday November 11th 2017

4 minutes ago, dwaynemcavoy said:

I have no affiliation to either team but I think it is unfair to have a go at Madron for not having the required footwear to play on 3g. 2 days is not satisfactory notice as not everyone plays on 3g in their spare time nor do they wish £20-30 for a decent pair of astro trainers for just one game. In other words Hayle are expecting Madron to collectively pay around £200-£300 for just one game. From what I have read on this site Madron have no reason to be targeted given the efforts they have made to get games on this season even if they are expecting to lose! 

Not having a go at madron but most players have firm ground (mouldies) for playing in the summer coz the ground is rock hard and these are allowed. I got some new this season for £15. I would doubt the whole squad doesn't have a few pairs between them or have footballing mates that will be wearing studs today

1 minute ago, B_D said:

Who's targeting them?

From watching half of the keyboard warriors, not you in general lol, but ending your sentence/statement with a ! seems to imply someone is in the wrong and therefore Madron are in the wrong on this occasion. Apologies if I have misinterpreted 

3 minutes ago, Villatim1981 said:

Not having a go at madron but most players have firm ground (mouldies) for playing in the summer coz the ground is rock hard and these are allowed. I got some new this season for £15. I would doubt the whole squad doesn't have a few pairs between them or have footballing mates that will be wearing studs today

I admit I have two pairs, but not everyone does and to expect them to pay £15 plus there match fee for just one game is ridiculous. #onlymyopinion

7 minutes ago, dwaynemcavoy said:

admit I have two pairs, but not everyone does and to expect them to pay £15 plus there match fee for just one game is ridiculous. #onlymyopinion

Oh yeah. No I don't expect people to have to buy one pair just for a game just thought few more might have some. Been playing for 20 years and always had pair of studs and a pair of mouldies each season (can't play football in them mind haha)

Ditto, I am one that does have a pair but I don't keep old pairs in the event other people dont. You and I are both old enough to have the funds to do it, what I dont/wouldn't have had is the time in two days to go out and get some as I work when shops are open and I refuse to buy boots online as I personally have to try them on.

If I was a 16/17 year old at college and not working then I doubt I would necessarily have the money to do so either. 

I love the hard luck stories from Madron !

Clubs were advised at AGM that a new Astro pitch was being installed at Hayle and 2 nd and 3 rd teams would play on it .....after completion in October .

Madron were advised as normal by Hayle secretary more than the required 5 days ....NOT 2 days as claimed ! 

Their club secretary phoned me last night to say game would go ahead and no problems with footwear ....but had a couple of players missing .

Good try lads !

Div. 3

Newlyn NA Res (1) 3 -v- 5 (1) St Erme

Decent game played on a lumpy bumpy sticky surface. Evenly matched teams, with the score being finely balanced most of the game. At 3-4 with 10 to go, Newlyn had a golden opportunity to level it with a far post header, agonisingly wide, and St Erme not only held out, but scored again with virtually the last kick of the game. Both teams hit the bar too. Argh, Newlyn could of done with a point or 3 today, and on another day, it may have been. But well done to St Erme.

Div 1

Mawnan 12 Newlyn 1

Just nice to be back playing today after one game in 5 weeks. We started of quite slowly (which is to be expected after not much football recently) and went in at HT 3-1 up but in fairness that scoreline flattered us a bit as we didn't play that we'll and the opposition had some chances! But second half I thought we really upped it a gear and played the football we know we can play. Obviously there was more space for our forward players in the second half as Newlyn had to push forward to get the goals they needed to get them bk in the game but I thought we attacked brilliantly and really punished them second half with some great football and finishing! Great bunch of lads tho Newlyn and never gave up and the game was played in good spirits and all the best for the rest of the season ? 

Mawnan goal scorers 

Liam Dent x3

Keir Dent x2

Connor hedges x2

Brodie Kemp x2

Christian Blundell x1

Dave Thompson x1

Fraser Harris x1

Percy Stephens Cup

Falmouth DC 3-2  Mullion Reserves (aet)

DC were 2-0 up and looking comfortable despite Mullion pressing, but 2 goals in the last 5 minutes took the game to extra time.  DC won it with about 5 to go with a well taken finish.

Many thanks to The Upper Deck. www.upperdeckfalmouth.com   for the post match food.

6 hours ago, zebedee said:

Clubs were advised at AGM that a new Astro pitch was being installed at Hayle and 2 nd and 3 rd teams would play on it .....after completion in October .

Madron were advised as normal by Hayle secretary more than the required 5 days ....NOT 2 days as claimed ! 

Their club secretary phoned me last night to say game would go ahead and no problems with footwear ....but had a couple of players missing .

Good try lads !

How do you know that Madron were advised about fixture more than the 5 days required? Are you privy to this information, can you confirm this with evidence to prove your statement? The game was discussed in the bar after last weeks game and the Hayle chairman told the Madron chairman that they were hoping the goals would arrive on time but it was possible they wouldn't! Madron were told Wednesday evening that the goals had indeed arrived via the 3rd team manager to one of the Madron players, not directly to the chairman/secretary/manager as you would expect. So in essence, the game was never officially confirmed and could not have been more than the 5 days required!! 

6 hours ago, zebedee said:

Good try lads !

Madron's Manager and "Secretary" even had a moan the other day when a Referee called a game off because their pitch was not up to standard. Not their fault that it hadn't been cut for weeks.

3 minutes ago, addick1 said:

How do you know that Madron were advised about fixture more than the 5 days required? Are you privy to this information, can you confirm this with evidence to prove your statement? The game was discussed in the bar after last weeks game and the Hayle chairman told the Madron chairman that they were hoping the goals would arrive on time but it was possible they wouldn't! Madron were told Wednesday evening that the goals had indeed arrived via the 3rd team manager to one of the Madron players, not directly to the chairman/secretary/manager as you would expect. So in essence, the game was never officially confirmed and could not have been more than the 5 days required!! 

I think you will find that Zebedee's knowledge of these things far exceeds yours.

7 minutes ago, Clubman said:

Madron's Manager and "Secretary" even had a moan the other day when a Referee called a game off because their pitch was not up to standard. Not their fault that it hadn't been cut for weeks.

I think you will find that Zebedee's knowledge of these things far exceeds yours.

That's why i asked the question! I'm sure he will have the facts to hand and be able to answer himself! What has the length of grass got to do with a game being played on 3g astro turf? 

Illogan 3 Frogpool 4

Illogan scorers

Jake Merrifield 2

Anton Oliver 1

Game overshadowed by a horrendous injury to a frogpool player in which our player has offered his sincere apologies to the whole of frogpool for 

Keep us informed of how he is guys 

Special mention to the ref who stayed the duration too to help keep an eye out for the ambulance 

8 minutes ago, erby ruin said:

Illogan 3 Frogpool 4

Illogan scorers

Jake Merrifield 2

Anton Oliver 1

Game overshadowed by a horrendous injury to a frogpool player in which our player has offered his sincere apologies to the whole of frogpool for 

Keep us informed of how he is guys 

Special mention to the ref who stayed the duration too to help keep an eye out for the ambulance 

In a and e as we speak. Will keep informed on to how he is. Big thanks to Pete Norfolk and the other guy (sorry didn't get name) who stayed with us throughout. Like you said overshadowed a windy battle with lots of goals.

1 minute ago, Villatim1981 said:

In a and e as we speak. Will keep informed on to how he is. Big thanks to Pete Norfolk and the other guy (sorry didn't get name) who stayed with us throughout. Like you said overshadowed a windy battle with lots of goals.

No need for the thanks .. just tried to help a guy in trouble .. other guy was Malcolm Nicholls btw and also to Dan Barrett who got straight onto 999 as soon as it happened 

18 minutes ago, erby ruin said:

No need for the thanks .. just tried to help a guy in trouble .. other guy was Malcolm Nicholls btw and also to Dan Barrett who got straight onto 999 as soon as it happened 

As always Pete, huge credit to yourself and your side. Thank you for all of your help. Top, top bloke. Jack seems to be in good spirits. He got a selfie with the paramedic in the ambulance haha.

Edited by Tempo

20 minutes ago, erby ruin said:

Didn't have to do it mate but very appreciated. Not sure if Malcolm is on here but if you can pass on my gratitude. He holds a mean umbrella haha

2 hours ago, Pete Davey said:

All credit to Gwinear who worked their socks off and probably deserved a draw.

We were woeful at best, just thankful we managed to get the 3 points thanks to a last minute winner from Connor Rhodes.

Tough to take after coming back from 0-3 down, proud of all the boys today though. Onto next week we go. All the best for the rest of the season. 

15 hours ago, addick1 said:

That's why i asked the question! I'm sure he will have the facts to hand and be able to answer himself! What has the length of grass got to do with a game being played on 3g astro turf? 

Read the post *****, it didn't refer to the 3g game but a previous game where Madron's pitch was not up to standard.

8 hours ago, Clubman said:

Read the post *****, it didn't refer to the 3g game but a previous game where Madron's pitch was not up to standard.

My point exactly!! We were discussing the game to be played on a 3g pitch but someone felt the need to have another dig at Madron! 

Totally uncalled for. You both obviously have issues with the club. But a league officer should not be on here belittling a club trying to survive, how is that helpful? 

5 hours ago, addick1 said:

My point exactly!! We were discussing the game to be played on a 3g pitch but someone felt the need to have another dig at Madron! 

Totally uncalled for. You both obviously have issues with the club. But a league officer should not be on here belittling a club trying to survive, how is that helpful? 

Who's the league officer that is belittling a club that cannot abide by the league rules? If you know who it is then name & shame. Unless of course you know that you're clutching at straws. Every breach of league rules is discussed and dealt with on it's merits.  No team is discriminated against. Why do you think people give up their time to try to give teams a game of football, Please feel free to volunteer to help out with managing the league.

St.Agnes 3rds 3  Rosudgeon Res. 7

A minute's silence held before kick off.

Aggie two up early on playing against the strong wind and slope but then the visitors put together some good moves/took advantage of the conditions to lead 5-2 at the break.

The home team did most of the attacking second half,as expected,with Rosuidgeon looking dangerous on breakaways.

Stithians 1 - 3 St buryan

Game played in awful wind at the showground 

Stivs went 1 nil up early on with a good goal from Treve Bale 

St buryan equalised straight from kick off with the right winger getting in a cross that was finished by the left winger at the far post

2nd goal was an og from myself as a dangerous near post cross following a corner not cleared properly and flicked off my shoulder into the net. To be fair it's my 1st goal in years so I'm claiming it and now off the mark for the season ?

3rd goal was a late penalty but in truth St buryan could have been out of sight by then.

See you again for the  cup game next week