Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & FA Vase - Saturday November 11th 2017

FA VASE 2ND RD PROPER
Baffins Milton 3, Cullompton Rangers 1
Exmouth Town 1, Blackfield & Langley 3
Plymouth Parkway 4, Bodmin Town 2
Team Solent P-P Tavistock (To be played Tuesday)

PREMIER DIVISION
Godolphin Atlantic 1, Launceston 3
Helston Athletic 0, Saltash United 2
Newquay 5, Ivybridge Town 1
St Austell 4, Callington Town 0
Stoke Gabriel 3, Sticker 0
Witheridge P-P Camelford

DIVISION ONE EAST
Alphington P-P Crediton United
Axminster Town P-P Budleigh Salterton
Bovey Tracey 1, St Martins 3
Brixham 1, Appledore 1
Galmpton & Roselands 0, University of Exeter 5
Liverton United 2, Sidmouth Town 3
Newton Abbot Spurs 3, Ilfracombe Town 1
Teignmouth 4, Torridgeside 7

DIVISION ONE WEST
Bude Town 1, Porthleven 2
Dobwalls P-P Penzance
Elburton Villa P-P Wadebridge Town
Ludgvan 0, St Dennis. 4
Plymouth Marjon 2, Liskeard Athletic 4
Millbrook 3, St Blazey 0
Mousehole 2, Illogan RBL 0
Wendron United 1, Plymstock United 1

Parkway 4-2 Bodmin. A great game of football from both teams. A game that had everything! A penalty, dodgy red card, an own goal and the Bodmin manager kicking off towards a young Parkway fan! Brilliant all round! Not the best performance from Parkway but jon done. Bodmin with 11 men for 90 minutes would've ran the game very close if not topped it, but with 10 men it was a bridge too far. Credit to both teams. Looking forward to the league games! 

Gilby makes a needless comment at 4-2 down about how Parkway aren't getting to Wembley. The young fan gives him some banter back by saying something along the lines of 'neither are you' and he then goes off on one moaning about the ref, where he's from, the budget of Parkway (pot kettle black), how he'd rather have players who fight for the shirt and not just for the money (again pot kettle black) the man needs to calm down, it's just a game after all! 

31 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

Gilby makes a needless comment at 4-2 down about how Parkway aren't getting to Wembley. The young fan gives him some banter back by saying something along the lines of 'neither are you' and he then goes off on one moaning about the ref, where he's from, the budget of Parkway (pot kettle black), how he'd rather have players who fight for the shirt and not just for the money (again pot kettle black) the man needs to calm down, it's just a game after all! 

Sounds like gilby can give it out but not take it back.

I think Gilby had taken a sedative  before the match today, as he really didn't act like the usual neanderthal we are so use to witnessing when things don't go the way he likes.  We still had the threatening behaviour and foul language, but the sedative helped.

It is a fantastic effort if Gilby has his team playing for peanuts.

After a day of reflection, firstly I would like to say well done to Plymouth Parkway & good luck in the next round. Had the makings of a great fixture & very proud of how Bodmin played. No one gave us a prayer there so going away to Parkway who are steamroller the league, & to give them a game for a large part with only 10 men was a huge credit to the lads. Not going to mention the ref, I am sure many neutrals who were there can give a better report on the Ref than I can. We have done very well financially this season out of the FA competitions & always had to end somewhere. 

Well done to my second favourite side  Liskeard on turning up the heat in the West league, with Ludgvan losing it might of just 'turned the tables' yesterday, with only one promotion spot be interesting to hear if Ludgvan would take it if they finished in that position?  

& I suppose I should also say well done to Newquay stopping their 5 game losing run! 

53 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

After a day of reflection, firstly I would like to say well done to Plymouth Parkway & good luck in the next round. Had the makings of a great fixture & very proud of how Bodmin played. No one gave us a prayer there so going away to Parkway who are steamroller the league, & to give them a game for a large part with only 10 men was a huge credit to the lads. Not going to mention the ref, I am sure many neutrals who were there can give a better report on the Ref than I can. We have done very well financially this season out of the FA competitions & always had to end somewhere. 

Well done to my second favourite side  Liskeard on turning up the heat in the West league, with Ludgvan losing it might of just 'turned the tables' yesterday, with only one promotion spot be interesting to hear if Ludgvan would take it if they finished in that position?  

& I suppose I should also say well done to Newquay stopping their 5 game losing run! 

Anyone would think that teams (or anybody else, for that matter) cared what you think, anybody else you have a pat on the head for?

10 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Anyone would think that teams (or anybody else, for that matter) cared what you think, anybody else you have a pat on the head for?

If people didn't care Bruegel they wouldn't be waiting for me to come on here .... like most are each week :thumbsup:

Or replying to my posts ... like you! 

Pat on the head from the boys that have won it so many times :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Paul said:

http://www.stblazeyafc.co.uk/fixture/millbrook-v-st-blazey/

Match report pictures and Millbrooks penalty for all to see. Didn't start well and fell apart at the end of the first half. Millbrook had some decent players and could have scored more. The right result I'm afraid. Big game Friday night now at home to Liskeard. 

Great match report Paul.

I fancied us to get something from today, with our 7/7 run of wins and good performances but it's fair to say that we were soundly beaten by Millbrook. In fact this is probably the worst that we've performed this season. Our usual high intensity pressing was just AWOL, the shape didn't look right and we struggled to create clear cut chances. We gave the ball away far too often and gifted Millbrook a comfortable win. 

One or two players really struggled to impose themselves; I'm not certain if they're tired or we just had an off day. I thought Stone, Rendle and Howe had reasonable games (even if Stone did give away the penalty), and I didn't think Chapman could have done much about any of the goals.

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Leeds i am not your greatest fan in fact u come across on here as a complete moron but i must agree with all u have said about the bodmin game and if the old carthorse had put that chance away who knows what might have happened. On another note my son is friends with rocky neale and i believe hes a bit fed up with lack of game time at truro if i was parkway i would get rid of three or four players and chuck all of their cash at rocky guaranteed 50 goals, Hobbs is good but nowhere near as good as rocky

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Well that's sounds like comments from a gentleman !

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

If people didn't care Bruegel they wouldn't be waiting for me to come on here .... like most are each week :thumbsup:

Or replying to my posts ... like you! 

Pat on the head from the boys that have won it so many times :thumbsup:

I don't think people care Leeds. It's more the entertainment value that you provide and everyone lol ' s at you 

4 hours ago, herbie777 said:

Leeds i am not your greatest fan in fact u come across on here as a complete moron but i must agree with all u have said about the bodmin game and if the old carthorse had put that chance away who knows what might have happened. On another note my son is friends with rocky neale and i believe hes a bit fed up with lack of game time at truro if i was parkway i would get rid of three or four players and chuck all of their cash at rocky guaranteed 50 goals, Hobbs is good but nowhere near as good as rocky

Crikey Rocky coming back would guarantee promotion in one for sure! Not sure he'd drop this far down though given the big difference, but then again might be tempted given the ambition for promotion! Definitely worth a phone call though