PL5 3JG

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS AND PASTIES FROM FRIARY MILL BAKERY

ADM £5 ADULTS & £3 CON

MATCH BALL SPONSORED BY

OPTIMUS

PERFORMANCE MARKETING

We grow online businesses

01752 775571

Optimus Performance Marketing is the award-winning online digital marketing agency dedicated to driving growth and sales for e-commerce business. In a nutshell, delivering results for your business is why we get up in the morning.

2 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

The Supporters Club has now arranged a security guard to watch over the car park ( sponsored by the Club ) .

Fair play to the Supporters Club sorting that out, a club going in the right direction! 

Finding it difficult to predict a score for the game, I dont think it'll be as one sided as people think, however, i expect now i've said that Parkway will pump in 8 and make me look ridiculous!

What a cracker of a game. At 2 nil Bodmin were well worthy of their lead.From nearly being 3.1 down , Parkway went up the pitch too equalise. The ref was completely useless today , for both sides.  Bodmin went down to 10 men with a dubious sending off. This did change the game.  Happy with a 4-2 victory though. Mr Gilbert did make me chortle a little when he had a rant at a young Parkway fan, the ref should not have come from Plymouth ? Your players should be ashamed of themselves due to lack of battling and the best was ........ you should beat us with the budget you have.  Did make me wee a little that lone lol.

To be honest not much between these 2 teams , do not write Bodmin off , a very decent side.

Cmon Parkway.

11 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

What a cracker of a game. At 2 nil Bodmin were well worthy of their lead.From nearly being 3.1 down , Parkway went up the pitch too equalise. The ref was completely useless today , for both sides.  Bodmin went down to 10 men with a dubious sending off. This did change the game.  Happy with a 4-2 victory though. Mr Gilbert did make me chortle a little when he had a rant at a young Parkway fan, the ref should not have come from Plymouth ? Your players should be ashamed of themselves due to lack of battling and the best was ........ you should beat us with the budget you have.  Did make me wee a little that lone lol.

To be honest not much between these 2 teams , do no write Bodmin off , a very decnt side.

Cmon Parkway.

You can't have been far from me Bald One as I heard very similar things! 

As a nuetral watching.............

For all the money some parkway players are on.. the football played was terrible, majority of the time the ball was lumped long.. having to cheat (diving) which resulted in a red card in order to get the upper hand in the game which to begin with they were 2nd best! Bodmin on the other hand, why they still played with 2 up top and no wide men once they were down to 10 men with the lead still is beyond me.. poor management that! Parkway had joys down both wings after that which eventually lead to them winning the game! 

Plus.. where did they find that ref? 

Thankful we had a game to watch at all today with all the incessant rain.

Wishing no disrespect I cannot go along with various comments that this was a poor game.

The officials took a lot of stick both pitch-side and on social media. Lets be perfectly honest, both clubs under the experienced tactical leadership of Mr Hobbs and Mr Gilbert will both be totally clued up on how to milk any given situation. Would you like to referee two sides who continually shout, crowd, scream and flop on the floor ? I wouldn't. Both clubs can play top class non league football, if they'd stuck to the football we would have avoided the stop-start inquests and all the negativity.

Putting things in perspective it was still a bloody good football match and a fine credit to the SWPL.

I certainly enjoyed it anyway.

Parkway are good this season there is no doubting that but Bodmin could so easily have took the spoils here. The absolute game breaker was when Bodmin , down to 10 men for an undeserved sending off broke forward in the second half, they were still 1-2 up at this stage intricate deft passing in the Parkway 18 yard area gave Adam Carter a nailed on open goal to put Bodmin Town1-3 up and probably out of sight... unfortunately for Mr Gilbert the so called tap in from Hit Man Carter hit the post. Parkway immediately stormed up the pitch on a vast wave of relief and duly equalised.

In a nutshell, game over. Bodmin visibly drained despite the shouts from Jake Ash that "we'll still get chances".

Parkway increased the lead and a few toys went out the pram from the Bodmin bench, possibly justified, possibly not? Mr Gilbert got into a ding-dong argument with Ex Bodmin now Parkway keeper Kyle Moore which Ex Bodmin now Parkway wing back Sam Hillson intervened upon, he received the same short colourful shrift from the Bodmin boss as his keeper had.

The game all ended rather ugly which was a shame as there had been some really good football put on from these two classy SWPL sides.

A competitive good quality FA Vase tie.

They're probably the best of mates back in the bar.  

39 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

Very well put Uwdi. A brilliant summary of the game. Two good teams who put together a real ding dong battle. I thoroughly enjoyed it

We have to make the most of games as tight as this one, because unfortunately they don’t come around that often these days!

With Parkway flying in the League, and Bodmin struggling to get going this season, I must admit to expecting to witness a comfortable home victory. However I was pleasantly surprised to see Bodmin play something like the Bodmin we have grown to know over past seasons.

Facing a second 45 minutes with ten men it was going to be tough for Bodmin to protect their lead half-time lead, however not long into the second half, they could so easily have gone 3-1 up, but for the usually reliable Adam Carter hitting the post from close range.

His miss was made even more painful seconds later when Parkway scooted straight down to the other end and Shane Krac equalised!

Just beyond the hour when Ben Joyce, another former Bodmin player scored for the home side, there was no way back for Bodmin.

A match I should imagine the majority of the 435 in attendance would have enjoyed.

Although I was naturally rooting for the Cornish side, congratulations to Parkway and let’s see if they can carry through their suggestion of going all the way in the competition.

Seen various reports and I've watched the highlights of the game... Definite dive for the sending off but in reality all players seem to be diving at the moment, it was just unfortunate it happened to a chap who was already on a card. Doesnt at all condone diving, should be reviewed (as footage is available), overturn the second yellow and ban the diving player, problem solved. 

Red card obviously had a large influence on the game, but got to feel if Carter converts the easy chance, it might have knocked the wind out of the Parkway sails.

Having seen the highlights it's a dive, my angle was at the other end behind the goal so couldn't clearly see at the time. If you look at the ref's view though, you can see why it's given as the player puts his leg into the challenge originally and then pulls out as the player is going down. From the ref's angle it probably looked a foul hence his decision

Leeds, I did not hear anyone complaining from the Bodmin dug out when you were winning 2 nil ?

The ref was poor for both teams . The fact he gave a dodgy decision , was luck for us . I do not think it was because he was Plymouth based or that he was cheating. We have had him before and he was poor then too.

I am also sure the player who is being branded a cheat , was playing the same way for you last season.

4 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Leeds, I did not hear anyone complaining from the Bodmin dug out when you were winning 2 nil ?

The ref was poor for both teams . The fact he gave a dodgy decision , was luck for us . I do not think it was because he was Plymouth based or that he was cheating. We have had him before and he was poor then too.

I am also sure the player who is being branded a cheat , was playing the same way for you last season.

Realistically, the referee was going to be from either Plymouth or Cornwall as thats where the league is based. Im sure if the decision had gone against Parkway and it was a Cornwall ref the same would've been said. 

Not a fan of either side, but the player dived - therefore cheated, evidence is available therefore there should be repercussions. Diving happens all the time, at every level, only is it now being shouted about is because A it was in a huge game, whilst being videoed and B it changed the course of the game. 

The original Referee was from just outside of Bristol, appointed by the Fa as it was an Fa competition. He pulled out so a more local referee was found (Plymouth!) 

No moans from me The Bald One, I have congratulated you & wished you well...

Just an observation a very big game, influenced by a big decision, from a Referee from the same location as the side who benefited from that decision...

Good luck next round 

29 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

The original Referee was from just outside of Bristol, appointed by the Fa as it was an Fa competition. He pulled out so a more local referee was found (Plymouth!) 

No moans from me The Bald One, I have congratulated you & wished you well...

Just an observation a very big game, influenced by a big decision, from a Referee from the same location as the side who benefited from that decision...

Good luck next round 

What, I wonder, is the difference between a moan and an observation?

47 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

47 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

The difference being whether Bodmin win or whether Bodmin loose. It all depends on the whether man. :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Thecupfootballblogger said:

My blog inspired by this tight and tough tie is now online at thecupfootballblogger.wordpress.com Now you know.?

For some reason I always read your blogs, regardless of who's involved. Another very good read, glad to see there are other people who voice their opinion whilst in the stands apart from myself!

I look forward to the next one