Cornwall Football Forum

Dan Cole stands down as manager of Torpoint Athletic

What a shame this is. One of the most passionate and talented young managers around, who was expected to finish in the top 5 with a shoestring budget has now gone. His first year I think they came 8th? The second year, a great VASE run - with the resources available, that's a great feat. 

Torpoint have delusions of grandeur if they think they deserve to be 8th or above with the resources currently given to their management team.

The team he assembled at Vospers Oak Villa FC  three years ago would of finished top five of the Premier League without a budget.

The biggest problem these days is players do not want to travel simple, that's why now these players play p & d league. Dan will be a big loss to Torpoint FC also will is dad John

18 hours ago, spark said:

The team he assembled at Vospers Oak Villa FC  three years ago would of finished top five of the Premier League without a budget.

The biggest problem these days is players do not want to travel simple, that's why now these players play p & d league. Dan will be a big loss to Torpoint FC also will is dad John

This man is off his head . They couldn’t even win the west league . Top 5 of the prem ??. Sticker walked the west league last year by 20 points and are bottom half of the table . Wasn’t a bad pub team .only a hat full of their  players that play at swpl level now . At bottom half clubs apart from Lewis young .  and the rest of them play in west still or the the ECPL ???. And if the players played in the west there no difference in travel . And didn’t Dan take the whole vospers squad to Torpoint . But realised a lot of them was not quite up to scratch 

The team at Vospers would of done a great job at Premier level. No Dan did not take all the players with him. A few moved away and a few play local now cause no one wants to travel.

The team at Vospers played some of the best football I have seen at this level. No we did not win the league correct but we did the double over the winners Helston.

Also there was no budget at Vospers these players played for nothing unlike the premier league.

1 hour ago, Hetty said:

Some people just don’t understand the difference in quality between the two leagues 

Huge difference Hetty, discipline, fitness, organisation, a big difference between both leagues. E.G Sticker walked West league last season, & if you look at the current Premier Division table they are struggling. (No shame in that) but your correct, big difference.

7 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Huge difference Hetty, discipline, fitness, organisation, a big difference between both leagues. E.G Sticker walked West league last season, & if you look at the current Premier Division table they are struggling. (No shame in that) but your correct, big difference.

Have you lost your marbles (again)? Fitness, yes, organisation, agree, I would also add talent and financial muscle (from whatever source) but discipline? Never, most of the players and many managers (particularly one at your home team) lack even the most basic self discipline let alone collective discipline within the team.

Does anybody maintain an average card count between the teams/leagues? Certainly if “foul and abusive language” and “dissent” were dealt with appropriately by our over-generous referees, some teams in the premier league would struggle to keep enough players on the field or a full technical area!

45 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Have you lost your marbles (again)? Fitness, yes, organisation, agree, I would also add talent and financial muscle (from whatever source) but discipline? Never, most of the players and many managers (particularly one at your home team) lack even the most basic self discipline let alone collective discipline within the team.

Does anybody maintain an average card count between the teams/leagues? Certainly if “foul and abusive language” and “dissent” were dealt with appropriately by our over-generous referees, some teams in the premier league would struggle to keep enough players on the field or a full technical area!

You really are clueless! We can't be bad, we win quite a lot ... 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

You really are clueless! We can't be bad, we win quite a lot ... 

Leeds, I believe that Bodmin Town Football Club have made clear that they would rather that you didn’t use the nominative plural ”we” when referring to their team! 

Now where have I suggested that they are “bad”? Just indisciplined, and it wasn’t as if I was referring specifically to Bodmin Town, I think that, if you read it, you’ll find that my post relates to the Premier league as a whole (although, admittedly, not exclusively)!