Cornwall Football Forum

A new "Flexible Football League" starts in West Cornwall this evening

Dave Deacon

It's a new playing opportunity for people in a more flexible format to suit ever changing lifestyles because if you’re one of those that can no longer play on Saturdays because of other personal commitments, this is for you.

Here’s the main differences between the present-day Saturday football and the new Flexible Football…………………

Mid week matches

Artificial or good quality grass pitches

Played under floodlights at a central venue

Repeat substitutions

Shorter game times - 70 minute games

Games every other week

Administration kept to a minimum

Tonight it all kicks-off at Penwith College, Penzance, on a good quality 3G pitch

The first game tonight is at 6.40pm between Helston and RNAS Culdrose – a local derby to begin with!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Keith, think some games are played at Par running track mate. I drove past there the other night and the lights were on with some lads playing. Stopped for 5 minutes but didn’t recognise anyone. Asked Dave cos there’s not much if anything!? he doesn’t know about Cornish football and he said they play u21 league games there along with the new flexi league. I’ll pop down again for a bit of fresh air when I got more time. The Par pitches are rented out per match so not sure if the FA or whoever runs the leagues got a deal?