Cornwall Football Forum

Vets 22nd/29th Oct

ROYAL PAR  (1)  3     White 34’  Drew 65’  Hague 82’

WENDRON  (0)  2     Pascoe 68’  Hughes 86’

Wandered down the hill to Par running track to catch up with some old mates on both teams (I drove actually, even though it’s only half a mile!! Calf still agony from last week) and saw a decent cup tie to keep the 6 crowd in attendance enthralled. I counted both of myself as 2 as well!! ? Par are a much improved outfit these days but when I saw the Wendron line up with Scoffy in goal, Pottsy at the back, Hughesy and Bambi in midfield, Mikey out wide right and Dom up front amongst others I must admit I fancied an away win. Par then proceeded to take the game to the visitors and Scoffy had to be on his toes to keep out efforts from the lively Cameron Hague and Wayne Drew. There was more bad news for Wendron after 25 minutes when they lost Dom with a hamstring injury and their best source of goals. The hosts deservedly took the lead after 34 minutes when Neil White got on the end of a bad pack pass to slot past Scoffy. The second half was more end to end and the hosts after a decent ten minute spell of pressure doubled their advantage after 65 minutes when man of the match Drew broke the offside trap and lobbed home from the edge of the area although Pottsy made a valiant attempt to clear on the line lashing it into the roof of the net. The visitors got back into it five minutes later when Mikey Pascoe ran on to a through ball to bend a side foot finish around Dave Holley in the home goal. The visitors forced several corners but Holley was punching away well and Ryan Morcom clearing with strong headers but Nigel Brabyn missed a header I’ve seen him score dozens of times in his Perranwell days from a pinpoint Mikey corner. The tie was clinched 8 minutes from time when Cam struck a superb left foot shot from just outside the area past Scoffys outstretched glove and inches inside the far post. That though wasn’t the goal of the game though as Wayne Hughes rolled back the years to send a 30 yard curler into the net when he spotted Dave out of position after he had saved from an earlier attack. It made the last couple of minutes interesting but the ref blew right on the final whistle to end the contest. Game played in great spirits by two good sets of lads and well reffed. Enjoyed it ?⚽️

Thanks for the write up Rappo, sums the match up well. I was a little bit to mouthy to my own team in the first half, the fact after the game half a dozen Wendron players told my team mates they would have punched my lights out if I had said it to them sums it up! Luckily I'm bigger, faster and uglier than most players on the pitch so it was never an issue!

Cheers bud, heard you moving back our way and Par Track walking distance? There's a team that plays there that would have you back!! Should say Wendron great bunch of lads, always a pleasure to play them. With fewer games to play this season be good to go down their place for a friendly and stick some money behind their bar.

St Dennis 8 grampound 0

credit to grampound they never gave up or put a dirty tackle in all game,good luck to them for the rest of the season our scorers were griffin 2 ralphy/og but he's claiming it Olsen belly myself ruler n Elliot not necessarily in that order but a good win for our season opener