Cornwall Football Forum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

6K up in smoke. Oh well,  good job there's more where that came from .

You don't think for minute that anyone believes that you did that -  do you ....(!)

Not with the Helical money gone, and the only way you will survive is if the council build a ground for you.....which was always the plan anyway.

The rest of it being smoke and mirrors.

Some really poor crowds in the fa cup this weekend. Saturday the best crowds were at Luton and Argyle with just over 5000 at both matches. Charlton had less than 3500 home fans at the Valley. Bet that was tragic rattling around in a 30,000 seater stadium. Why can't these clubs go to some effort to fill the grounds for these games and have tickets for a quid for everyone. Yes you might not make a fortune but sometimes you need to get fans coming to games to get them coming to another. It's to easy to let the usual die hard turn up and except the ground being empty. 

On 11/5/2017 at 04:25, Sticker Forever said:

Quite true Dave, Oxford City, not as talented a team as Truro going to Colchester and winning should give City all the encouragement they need!! Get them back to Treyew Road for a replay, that will do! Truro Postie is either a bullshitter or a lunatic, maybe both!?! ?

Dont take to much notice of his stories.

Been listening to them for a while, and they are only stories,not much to believe in them.

19 hours ago, St Darren said:

900 supporting Truro away from home yet only 500 turn up to home games!!!

unfortunately for Truro there wasn’t any interest from home fans with only 4000 odd on the gate therefore missing out on a decent pay day

996 truro fans , although it looked double that, and sounded like triple .

25 minutes ago, St Darren said:

“996 Truro fans” I would say there’s was 200 fans and over 700 there for the day out!!!

its amazing that that many can make the trip to London but not half of that make it to Treyew Road. That would be a massive frustration for me as owner, manager or player 

why does it matter ? I'm not a truro fan when I was young I used to go watch Falmouth town with my dad and uncle,  I went yesterday because I'm Cornish and would of still gone wether it was Newquay, penzance or bodmin ,  ive been to Southampton to watch them this season and will go watch QPR next month because I will be in the area does it matter that I'm not a fan of them two either?  the fact is I was born in truro lived half my life in truro  why cant I go and support them in massive game in thiers and Cornish history.

1 minute ago, St Darren said:

Didn’t say you couldn’t did I?

so are you a ‘fan’ of Truro then?

ive been to watch them a handful of times but wouldn't call myself a fan , I went yesterday to support them , glad I went it was a good game , my son enjoyed it , maybe he will peel of his argyle shirt and don a truro one

Speaking as a part time fan.

I haven't missed a home game for six or seven seasons, but don't go to away games, so presumably only classed as part time.

It was fantastic to see as many there cheering the boys on, at no point did it occur to me they were not "proper" fans.

when Cornwall rugby took near 20,000 to twickenham, everybody thought how wonderful that was, is this really that different?

I would have classed you as one of the 200 fans!!

The Cornish rugby side is slightly different as they’re representing Cornwall!

i just say that as an owner/manager/player I would be wondering why 996 can make Charlton away but 500 can’t make a home game. 

However, I accept that it’s the same for a lot of clubs when a big game comes along

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

I would have classed you as one of the 200 fans!!

The Cornish rugby side is slightly different as they’re representing Cornwall!

i just say that as an owner/manager/player I would be wondering why 996 can make Charlton away but 500 can’t make a home game. 

However, I accept that it’s the same for a lot of clubs when a big game comes along

Would you be happier if only 200 turned up then ? I reckon the players manager etc would be disappointed then being a big game . 

should I feel ashamed about watching truro vs charlton because iv only watch a hand full of Truro games over the years ? 

Jesus wept. Ashamed? Who on earth said about that?

im saying that “996 Truro fans” were there. I suppose it’s writers prerogative to use those words. 

But how come 996 decide to go to Charlton but can’t get half of that at home. So really, fans???

have they gone to be a fan of Truro or basically gone for a day out in London 

55 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Jesus wept. Ashamed? Who on earth said about that?

im saying that “996 Truro fans” were there. I suppose it’s writers prerogative to use those words. 

But how come 996 decide to go to Charlton but can’t get half of that at home. So really, fans???

have they gone to be a fan of Truro or basically gone for a day out in London 

I think everyone was there to get behind the club ! 

9 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not exactly as attractive as you make it sound Darren! I understood the plan for the coaches were for them to arrive pretty much in time for the kick-off and then leave relatively soon afterwards. 

It was exactly that.. Got there 5 mins from KO.   Final whistle went, quick cheer for the boys.   Out on the bus and home.

Five and a half hours each way....literaly in the ground for 2 hours MAX..

FANTASTIC day out though.   I hope the players took a moment to enjoy it as much as I did.

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not exactly as attractive as you make it sound Darren! I understood the plan for the coaches were for them to arrive pretty much in time for the kick-off and then leave relatively soon afterwards. 

The TISA Boys were a bit better organised than that. We left Truro at 06.15 up the 303 with a stop off at Popham Airfield for a full English (highly recommended) then on to the Rose of Denmark by 12.30 an old fashion boozer 5 minutes walk from the ground where we met up with the Exiles and mingled with the very friendly Charlton supporters. The landlord was very grateful of our custom and let us leave our minibus in his carpark free of charge. After a few pints of London Pride and watching the Spurs Palace game, (didn't see SS anywhere) we decended onto the ground 15 minutes before the ko. I was suprised to see so many supporters several of them wearing London Cornish shirts. The atmosphere was fantastastic and although Truro did not deserve to win but on another day could easily have come away with a replay. After celebrating with the players behind the goal after the game even though we lost then  it was back to the minibus down the 303 again to the Groom and Jockey at Hevitree Exeter for some food Curry/Chinese and a couple more pint, arriving back in Truro approx 12.30. A memorable day which will long last in the memory.:c:

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

.and let us leave our minibus in his carpark free of charge. After a few pints of London Pride and watching the Spurs Palace game, (didn't see SS anywhere) we decended onto the ground 15 minutes before the ko. I was suprised to see so many supporters several of them wearing London Cornish shirts. The atmosphere was fantastastic and although Truro did not deserve to win but on another day could easily have come away with a replay. After celebrating with the players behind the goal after the game even though we lost then  it was back to the minibus down the 303 again to the Groom and Jockey at Hevitree Exeter for some food Curry/Chinese and a couple more pint, arriving back in Truro approx 12.30. A memorable day which will long last in the memory.:c:

A proper day out there, memories of yester year ......not many do it now, so will never understand what being a real football supporter is.

Glad you had a good day out, well done to you and TCFC.

Normal service will now be resumed.:c:

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

The TISA Boys were a bit better organised than that. We left Truro at 06.15 up the 303 with a stop off at Popham Airfield for a full English (highly recommended) then on to the Rose of Denmark by 12.30 an old fashion boozer 5 minutes walk from the ground where we met up with the Exiles and mingled with the very friendly Charlton supporters. The landlord was very grateful of our custom and let us leave our minibus in his carpark free of charge. After a few pints of London Pride and watching the Spurs Palace game, (didn't see SS anywhere) we decended onto the ground 15 minutes before the ko. I was suprised to see so many supporters several of them wearing London Cornish shirts. The atmosphere was fantastastic and although Truro did not deserve to win but on another day could easily have come away with a replay. After celebrating with the players behind the goal after the game even though we lost then  it was back to the minibus down the 303 again to the Groom and Jockey at Hevitree Exeter for some food Curry/Chinese and a couple more pint, arriving back in Truro approx 12.30. A memorable day which will long last in the memory.:c:

Thats what I call a proper football,day out.

On 06/11/2017 at 19:30, St Darren said:

Didn’t say you couldn’t did I?

so are you a ‘fan’ of Truro then?

The question is are you a Truro supporter?you always seem to have a lot to say about them usually negative, I can only suggest the next time your in the pub ask for your glass to be half filled and look at the world as a happy place.      

On 16/10/2017 at 21:00, St Darren said:

The gate money gets split equally doesn’t it? Not sure about tv. The tickets are likely to be lower than normal I would have thought to entice home fans in

Darren, the gate money after expenses is split THREE ways, a third to each club and a third to the Football Association, for fully televised games each club received an additional £67,000. 

12 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Darren, the gate money after expenses is split THREE ways, a third to each club and a third to the Football Association, for fully televised games each club received an additional £67,000. 

No, 50% to each club in the first and second rounds. Non-league clubs playing in the competition proper also get a share of a 5% deduction from the gate of all replays in the 3rd/4th/5th rounds (used to include the 6th round as well but replays in the QFs have been abolished). As there are 40 non-league qualifiers, it means each club get 2.5% of that pool.

(From FA Cup Rule 22)

Thanks Richard Rundle, I was aware changes in respect of playing time were brought in to benefit the BIGGER clubs, they appear to have all the sway, I didn't realise the match day payouts had been changed in respect of attendance revenue.

Reaching the 1st round proper has brought football alive in the county having slumbered for too long, teams need to take the national competitions more serious than they have done in the past to maintain that buzz - Football revolves around finance but for teams like Truro a few extra thousands of pounds on the wage bill to attract players maybe short term for those matches may be money well spent. Oops I've left myself open to criticism now :D

Darren and Olden !! - We must remember the winners of each round receive a payment so that along with increased interest whilst success is bred has to be useful.

A successful Cup run advertises what clubs have on offer and hopefully encourage armchair followers to attend games, there are times part time players pull a bit of magic from somewhere to compete with what we see on TV.