Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Sat 7/10/17

Results for 
Saturday 7th October '17
Goonhavern Athletic p-p St Ives Town 
Helston Athletic Reserves 0-2 Falmouth Town Reserves (Kyle Cooke, Paul Hart)
Att- 38
Pendeen Rovers (Henry Cozens 3, Silas Sullivan 2, Alex Ralph) 6-1 RNAS Culdrose (Jack Martin) 
Att- 15 
Porthleven Reserves p-p Illogan RBL Reserves

Latest Table @ 5.15pm on Sat 7/10/17

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 ST DAY 12 9 2 1 39 12 27 29
2 FALMOUTH 11 9 1 1 42 14 28 28
3 PENDEEN 11 9 0 2 44 18 26 27
4 PERRANPORTH 10 8 2 0 37 14 23 26
5 CARHARRACK 10 7 1 2 52 20 32 22
6 HELSTON 13 6 2 5 32 25 7 20
7 PERRANWELL 9 6 0 3 29 15 14 18
8 PORTHLEVEN 12 5 2 5 30 28 2 17
9 ILLOGAN 11 5 1 5 21 22 -1 16
10 ST IVES 9 5 0 4 15 11 4 15
11 WEST CORNWALL 9 4 1 4 23 26 -3 13
12 PENRYN 11 3 3 5 24 36 -12 12
13 GOONHAVERN 10 4 0 6 14 29 -15 12
14 ST AGNES 10 3 0 7 19 28 -9 9
15 ST JUST 9 2 3 4 17 26 -9 9
16 HAYLE 8 2 2 4 21 21 0 8
17 MULLION 11 2 2 7 22 35 -13 8
18 REDRUTH 10 1 0 9 9 50 -41 3
19 CULDROSE 7 0 0 7 4 29 -25 0
20 HOLMANS 9 0 0 9 12 47 -35 0

Good luck to all the Combo teams in the Senior Cup this weekend ? chance of a shock in one of these games I reckon - St.Day v St.Blazey,  Hayle v Wadebridge,  Perranporth v Helston. Congrats to Hayle for all the nice hard working people at the club, look forward to visiting sometime during the season. 

On 06/10/2017 at 01:02, RAPPO said:

Good luck to all the Combo teams in the Senior Cup this weekend ? chance of a shock in one of these games I reckon - St.Day v St.Blazey,  Hayle v Wadebridge,  Perranporth v Helston. Congrats to Hayle for all the nice hard working people at the club, look forward to visiting sometime during the season. 

I'm going for a St Day home victory against St Blazey. I'm looking forward to watching the game this afternoon. Referee I believe is Premier League official Simon Long.

Redruth utd lost 7-0 at St Dennis on a heavy pitch.conceded a penalty in the first 5 mins then should have been 2-1 up after 10. Score stayed the same until half time.game swung on a dissollowed goal for off side for Redruth. St Dennis then score 3 quiclubs goals to kill the game and heads went down.although the score does not reflect it the side are getting better and team spirit is brilliant

On 06/10/2017 at 01:02, RAPPO said:

As meatloaf would say, two out of three ain’t bad!!! ? ?

Hayle beat Wadebridge  , 3-2  , Liam Money , 1 , Cameron Irish 2 , 2-1 to Wadebridge half time , Hayle down to nine men at the end  two yellows for Matty Thomas , straight red for Liam Mooney  , deserved win, great squad effort , good crowd,  improvements to club fantastic  lots of youngsters playing on the new 3 g pitch ,  plenty of atmosphere in the revamped bar ,  well done to all involved  , bet there will be some sore heads tonight .:thumbsup:

Some cracking results, yesterday.  Well done Perranporth, Hayle & West Cornwall. Polperro is certainly not an easy place to go to & win. 

As for us, we gave it a good go, against St Blazey. But we all know, we can & have played much better. It could well be a blessing in disguise, as there is plenty still to play for. Good luck in the next round, everybody. 

9 hours ago, bigbadbarry said:

Heard the illogen manager stood down 

a fall out with the 1st and 3rd team i heard!

3 Teams at the bottom of the league already this early on in the season fighting to avoid the relegation, whats going on at Redruth they seemed to be going in the right direction? RNAS Culdrose will always struggle with their facilities and inconsistency but seemed to have a solid team the only time i watched them at their place a while back. As for holmans, it was always on the cards whenever a club allows  mercenaries to come into a club and push out good loyal local players they will always end up in this situation, and the thing is, they've been there before you'd thought they'd learnt their lesson by now!:SM_carton:

Well you've dangled the carrot . I wish we did have some mercenaries might shoot a few teams down. Why do people who write crap have no idea about the club our current first team squad is pretty much made up of our youth team from two seasons ago. If your referring to our second team manager being pushed out last season unfortunately he could never raise a team and Franco was asked by me to come in and so far has been brilliant turning up with players over the 17 /18 number mark every week and those that don't play, play the following week bloody brilliant??sorry si go dangle that carrot ? on another club. If the youth players don't make it this season for our first team then Holmans are still ok thanks . Hopefully a lot more great news is on the horizon for the club too??

Marksy hearing rumours about blaythorne hope the club will be okay. As for Redruth we always knew that this season would be a rebuilding process and the spirit in the club is better than it has been for a while. Although the results do not show it we are playing some good football and things will get better

15 hours ago, Sijames said:

3 Teams at the bottom of the league already this early on in the season fighting to avoid the relegation, whats going on at Redruth they seemed to be going in the right direction? RNAS Culdrose will always struggle with their facilities and inconsistency but seemed to have a solid team the only time i watched them at their place a while back. As for holmans, it was always on the cards whenever a club allows  mercenaries to come into a club and push out good loyal local players they will always end up in this situation, and the thing is, they've been there before you'd thought they'd learnt their lesson by now!:SM_carton:

What's wrong with Culdrose's facilities? There's no atmosphere there granted and supporter cover is non existent except for their number one fan but it meets the criteria.

On 09/10/2017 at 08:33, Sijames said:

I'd love to know where you've heard this fall out with first and third team utterly rubbish!!!! 

I'm the third team manager and have had nothing but a good relationship with Steve and his decision to leave and his reasons are for him to tell people not for anyone else to guess or make up things, but for lot's of people committing to management is becoming harder and harder! 

Illogan seconds compared to last season have had a much better start and with some of the players in that squad plus great facilities they'll continue to do well...