Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Friday October 6th 2017

26 minutes ago, panda said:

As said in another thread Parkway would probably like to play Argyles first team the way they are playing at the moment.

Your post leaves me confused as to which team the "they" is referring to, the high flyers at Bolitho Park or the struggling Pilgrims? Either way the gap can't be bridged by seven league boots!

3 minutes ago, razor61 said:

I wonder what team will turn up on Monday Bob?

Raxor61 - no one knows and it will depend entirely on what suits Mr Adams, they have little regard for other teams or that it's a big night for Sticker. Personally I can't see Argyle using any players who play tomorrow as 2 games in 3 days is not liked by Pro's - but they have a few suspended players who may need game time. 

3 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Raxor61 - no one knows and it will depend entirely on what suits Mr Adams, they have little regard for other teams or that it's a big night for Sticker. Personally I can't see Argyle using any players who play tomorrow as 2 games in 3 days is not liked by Pro's - but they have a few suspended players who may need game time. 

And that's a daft rule too Bob! If a player is suspended he should be suspended in all leagues from top to bottom!

2 minutes ago, razor61 said:

And that's a daft rule too Bob! If a player is suspended he should be suspended in all leagues from top to bottom!

Again it's been said before, Argyle are doing absolutely nothing wrong and are using the SWPL to the best interests of 'their' club and they are by far the senior team in out area - it does annoy though (rightly or wrongly).  

Anyway, it's only HT, at time of posting so Argyle could score 6!!

Just now, Bobjfh said:

Again it's been said before, Argyle are doing absolutely nothing wrong and are using the SWPL to the best interests of 'their' club and they are by far the senior team in out area - it does annoy though (rightly or wrongly).  

Anyway, it's only HT, at time of posting so Argyle could score 6!!

Indeed they could!

32 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Playing against a bunch of (recent) schoolchildren is hardly likely to be Parkways biggest challenge of the season, admittedly it could have been if scheduled as a midweeker with first team availability. I think they'll face greater opposition against a team of grown ups before the seasons out. Maybe the return fixture?

Which is also scheduled for a Friday with the 3rd round of the FA Vase programmed for the following day.