Cornwall Football Forum

Sticker 0 Tavistock 8

It's a very long time since Sticker lost by such a margin, but on the day they were outplayed by a clinical Tavistock team who will give any team in the league a run for their money. They were quicker to the ball and if Rob Rosevear in the home goal had not been in such good form, the score would have been in double figures.

Well done Tavistock, and the newbies of Sticker will hopefully learn from the game, there is still a long way to go in the season, and time to put things right.

We Two - have to agree, considering Tavvy had a hard midweek match in heavy conditions with the same squad and they started slow - the score should have been - 12/13 v 0. Rob was on form, however Tavvy were also very wasteful. 

The Tavvy back four completely dominated. In midfield Duffer started well but after 20 mins Tavvy had complete control of the middle and three strikers who ripped the Sticker back four apart at will.

Bit surprised to see Jack  Bowyer substituted in the second half - taking off your top Sticker when 5 down seemed a bit panicky, I assume he must of been injured  but did t look it?

Its a harsh lesson, if teams are not 100% against the top 3 or 4 teams, they will destroy you. 

6 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Oh there you are ! And where have you been all week mr i only sing when im winning !!!

Don't rise to his bait Mattelot, before today Bodmin were 2 points below Sticker in the Premier table having played the same number of games !:yahoo:Not a lot to shout about with the squad they have.

7 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

We Two - have to agree, considering Tavvy had a hard midweek match in heavy conditions with the same squad and they started slow - the score should have been - 12/13 v 0. Rob was on form, however Tavvy were also very wasteful. 

The Tavvy back four completely dominated. In midfield Duffer started well but after 20 mins Tavvy had complete control of the middle and three strikers who ripped the Sticker back four apart at will.

Bit surprised to see Jack  Bowyer substituted in the second half - taking off your top Sticker when 5 down seemed a bit panicky, I assume he must of been injured  but did t look it?

Its a harsh lesson, if teams are not 100% against the top 3 or 4 teams, they will destroy you. 

Yep have to agree with all, Tavvy could've and should have had more, well done Rob in goal.

JB coming off? Maybe had something to do with 4 games in 10 days? Need something from Camelford Wednesday then Senior cup Saturday and Argyle monday night when new floodlights switched on, all very welcome 1930 hrs kick off.

Well done Tavvy class act

Agree with Bob's summing up. Outclassed from start to finish by a good side. I'm sure when Andy and Gary got promoted they would have been realistic and know that steam rollering the West Division does not mean you are going to compete with the likes of Tavi, Bodmin and Parkway who chuck 3 figures a game at players in the Prem. Ridiculous but true. I for one who only support the club occasionally these days am delighted to see what money the club has go into the ground improvements with the stand and floodlights etc. Luckily there's a loyal bunch of boys there that ain't interested in the big ? too much. If the likes of Bodmin etc want to throw 50 grand at a season to win about 5 tops that's up to them? Good luck to Parkway to be fair who have ambition to take the promotion if achieved and not remain a big fish in a small pond. Each to their own I suppose but I won't disappear from the forum for 3 weeks cos we've had a few bad results ?⚽

15 hours ago, ennis81 said:

Yep have to agree with all, Tavvy could've and should have had more, well done Rob in goal.

JB coming off? Maybe had something to do with 4 games in 10 days? Need something from Camelford Wednesday then Senior cup Saturday and Argyle monday night when new floodlights switched on, all very welcome 1930 hrs kick off.

Well done Tavvy class act

Ennis81 - first thing is that I visit a lot of grounds and Sticker is one of the friendliest - also they get beaten and no complaints, just take it on the chin and move on - very refreshing. 

Hope you guys do well in Senior Cup and against Argyle (just not the Camelford game lol)

Tabby are an unbelievable side, thought we did well for the first 15 mins, but as soon as they scored, we went to pieces for 15 mins and they scored another 3. 4-0 half time, and we couldn't complain. Second half, the wind behind Tavvy, we were camped in our half for the most part, had a couple of chances to score, but again, they were very clinical with their finishing. Their movement and play was what we did to sides last season, harsh reality check for us, but we will be a better side for it today. Not the worst defeat to a Tavi side this season, and something to work on in training. We go again. UP the Sticky