Cornwall Football Forum

East Thurrock v Truro City

A gutsy performance against The Rocks who were previously unbeaten before todays game. Playing with 10 men for an hour made it even more memorable after Ed Palmer who unnecessarily got involved in a 20 man melee after a Truro player was forced into the advertising hoardings following a heavy challenge. Final score 1.2 Goal scorers for Truro Keats and Riley Lowe pen. Top of the league and the FA Cup next week, things are certainly looking up for Cornwall's premier club. Good luck to Bodmin in next weeks cup replay. :c::c:

51 minutes ago, baldy said:

I actually saw the S4C board near Penstraze this week. No sign of breaking ground though.

I think the suggestion from the Pirates is for the first match there to be at the start of the 2019/2020 season with them hoping to put a 'spade in the ground' by next summer (2018).

How quick is any planning permission for Treyew Road likely to be progressed?

24 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I think the suggestion from the Pirates is for the first match there to be at the start of the 2019/2020 season with them hoping to put a 'spade in the ground' by next summer (2018).

How quick is any planning permission for Treyew Road likely to be progressed?

The first spade,should have gone in the ground this Autumn,but has been put back to the spring,next year.

So god know's when.

The million dollar question,is as you point out.How quick will the Treyew Rd planning application,go through.?

If Lidl's are involved,it wont take long.

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Great win.

Top of the League.

But what a shame,if we were to be crowned Champions,thanks to the Chairman,we wont go up.

Could be such an anti-climax.

Never mind Lidl's could be moving into Treyew Rd,which will beg the question,where the f££k will TCFC be playing.

What a U turn! A few weeks ago you were confident that Truro would finish in the bottom half of the table and might be in a relegation battle! 

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

What a U turn! A few weeks ago you were confident that Truro would finish in the bottom half of the table and might be in a relegation battle! 

Settle down boys, it's still only September, lots of big games to play yet against some big opponents. I don't think we need worry over moves to other leagues in either direction. At least not for footballing reasons!

2 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Settle down boys, it's still only September, lots of big games to play yet against some big opponents. I don't think we need worry over moves to other leagues in either direction. At least not for footballing reasons!

I agree Bruegel? Just pointing out how fickle some people are! ?

4 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Not fickle.

Saying what I believe.

I was right last season,and will stick by what I said for this season.

Not going to argue,about the Chairmans views on Promotion,or the Treyew Rd developement,and the future of our Club,?

So can you remind us of your prediction of points and league position for this season?

Not going to argue about the other matters as, unlike you, I lay the blame entirely on the 'Heaney' years. 

32 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

So can you remind us of your prediction of points and league position for this season?

Not going to argue about the other matters as, unlike you, I lay the blame entirely on the 'Heaney' years. 

My prediction for this season,was hoping for an improvement on last season,but still to finish in the bottom half of the table.

Well maybe things can be clarified on the promotion issue.

TISA have made an offical request to the Chairman and Truro City Football Club,via their Twitter account,asking the question what will happen if we gain promotion.?

Should be interesting,waiting for an answer.Mr Masters has blocked TISA and several members.

So if anyone see a reply,could you please inform us,weather the Chairman has changed his mind ,on this issue.

29 minutes ago, BigG said:

Why can't we have a professional club in Cornwall...???

No reason currently at all as this is the closest at the moment a Cornish club has ever been to the "Football League". However, before the 'thousands' are tempted, there will have to be a bit more spent than what I believe to be the present monthly bill of approx £25k, along with probably some work needing to be done on either the present ground or the completion of the new ground. Either way it requires money and willing investors.

4 hours ago, BigG said:

Could have lots of local derbies in the SWPL. !!!.?

OR.....

How about going for promotion and trying to attract some of the thousands who go east over the tamar to watch Argyle. Why can't we have a professional club in Cornwall...???

MMmmm!!! let me think for a nanosecond ...Argyle or TCFC - pick me up of the floor - I fell down laughing at that one  ...lmfao

19 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Well maybe things can be clarified on the promotion issue.

TISA have made an offical request to the Chairman and Truro City Football Club,via their Twitter account,asking the question what will happen if we gain promotion.?

Should be interesting,waiting for an answer.Mr Masters has blocked TISA and several members.

So if anyone see a reply,could you please inform us,weather the Chairman has changed his mind ,on this issue.

Why worry about it SSS,? Their won't be a problem as you have stated that Truro will finish in the bottom half of the table!

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

In a competitive match the gulf would be huge

Anything can happen in a one-off match Darren. If not there would never be any FA Cup upsets! 

16 hours ago, Mrgreen said:

Now here's a thought, and a radical one at that.

Why don't, those of us that pay our money on the gate every week and watch our team play,  just let those who OWN and run the club.

DO JUST THAT and see where we are this time next year?

Oh OK then then, lets close the forum as there is no point actually discussing anything then.  I believe the approach you suggest was adopted under the previous regime.  That ended well didn't it! You're not a former Trustee by any chance are you? 

On 24/09/2017 at 13:21, Goldeneye said:

Rather than worrying about his league prediction we should focus on what matters which is the future of the club. 

You say that you play all of the blame with Kev Heaney, which isn't far from right, but the current chairman/owners need to pull their fingers out if we want a club in 5/10 years time. What was the point in them taking over if this was their plan. 

No ground, talk of playing home games is Devon & owners that don't seem to care. The fans need answers.

1 hour ago, Roy D said:

Rather than worrying about his league prediction we should focus on what matters which is the future of the club. 

You say that you play all of the blame with Kev Heaney, which isn't far from right, but the current chairman/owners need to pull their fingers out if we want a club in 5/10 years time. What was the point in them taking over if this was their plan. 

No ground, talk of playing home games is Devon & owners that don't seem to care. The fans need answers.

All anybody has ever wanted is the land.

Just now, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

All anybody has ever wanted is the land.

Absolutely spot on. Nobody cares about the club or the fans. Then you get people who still continue to stick up for the owners. The club will go under, someone will make a few mil & all these years of history will be gone too. Sad times. The worst part is how the die hard fans are treated. 

On 26/09/2017 at 17:00, Roy D said:

Absolutely spot on. Nobody cares about the club or the fans. Then you get people who still continue to stick up for the owners. The club will go under, someone will make a few mil & all these years of history will be gone too. Sad times. The worst part is how the die hard fans are treated. 

Perhaps older was right , Malpas could be the ground to rebuild if the worst happens  . Well their third team used to play there in the Falmouth Helston league , when they had one .

4 hours ago, stevieb said:

Perhaps older was right , Malpas could be the ground to rebuild if the worst happens  . Well their third team used to play there in the Falmouth Helston league , when they had one .

I still think it is a distinct possibility.

If the economy suddenly picked up TCFC would be out on their ear, and if no-one else's ground is up to TCFC standard (lmfao) Malpas would look odds on.